Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Terror from beyond is awesome!

Snoizer
10.01.2012 , 08:21 AM | #1
Okey, so this game gets so much hate. So I would like to praise it for once.

The new opperation, Terror from beyond, is so good looking and fun. The envioroment is really nice looking, it gives this mystic feeling to it. The whole thing gives me the feeling that we are a elitforce that have to investigate this dark planet. I have only done two bosses so far, and I really like them. And I guese it will only get even better further in to it.

Really nive job BW, best looking operation so far!

What do you guys think about it?

Icebergy
10.01.2012 , 08:40 AM | #2
I agree. TfB is one of the best raids I have ever done in any MMO. It is probably in my top 3 of all time for any game. Other than the fact that it is too short, wtb like 3 more bosses.
Mikal'B, Battlemaster and Fleet Commodore of the Republic.
<Contraband Inc> 10/10 NiM, 4/4 NiM, NMP, 7/12 NiM, HM GF, 4/5 NiM
Jedi Covenant

Lostpenguins
10.01.2012 , 08:49 AM | #3
I personally feel that the final boss in HM is not that impressive. Phase 1 is literally too long and too much of the same thing. Phase 2 has some fun mechanics that require the DPS to run around and pay attention to the anomalies, but overall this fight wasn't what I was hoping it would be.

Operator IX is a hectic fight, and fun, but I will say that none of these fights seem overly tough. They take a bit to get the mechanics down, but, honestly, the raids/operations in this game are seriously lacking. My last raid experience came from Rift and these fights, I feel, are about as hard as the first raid (GSB), which isn't saying much. In fact, completing GSB took longer than HM TFB is. We're 4/5 HM TFB and have only done 3 raid nights with getting the final boss down to his last 2 tentacles. We'll probably finish up HM TFB tonight which means week 1 cleared the content.

Comparing it to other raids, I did a lot of Vanilla and TBC WoW and these operations don't hold a candle to them. Some they do, like Onyxia and MC where the mechanics were actually pretty simple, but once you got to Naxx and the spider boss, or any of the raids in TBC, no way do these even come close...

Bleh...

Snoizer
10.01.2012 , 09:52 AM | #4
I wasnt focusing on the difficulty here, but yea your right. If you are a comited pve guild non of the raids in this game is harf. However me and my guild isnt hardcore or anything so we have some troubles with the content, havent got EC HM down yet for example.

But yea, if you want really hard raids SWTOR isnt for you. But hey, they pandas is out. Go play with them

Anysao
10.01.2012 , 10:00 AM | #5
Yay! Positivetivity on the forums! How refreshing.

Anyways, I agree! I PUGed up a group for it, and while we didn't finish it, we made it up to the third boss. It has a slight, and needed difficulty in SM for PUGs, and I love it. The dread guard is an amazingly fun fight.

On a side note, I'm happy I finally get to fight Sith in an op! I'm a Jedi guardian after all...
Ooh! In WildStar, I get double jumps, path choices, and massive PvP!That sounds cool, but one question, where do I get a lightsaber?

I will never take someone who says "EAware" seriously.

Lostpenguins
10.01.2012 , 10:12 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Snoizer View Post
I wasnt focusing on the difficulty here, but yea your right. If you are a comited pve guild non of the raids in this game is harf. However me and my guild isnt hardcore or anything so we have some troubles with the content, havent got EC HM down yet for example.

But yea, if you want really hard raids SWTOR isnt for you. But hey, they pandas is out. Go play with them
I hear ya. I do agree, though, this operation is a step in the right direction. It looks far better and plays much better than the rest.

TalkingDinosaur
10.01.2012 , 10:18 AM | #7
I guess TFB feels short because there isn't mobs every 5 feet like in EC and the mobs in TFB drops a ton of credits. Halfway through TFB and my group was already 30k richer.
TALKINGDINOSAUR
Squadron
11-11-11

mikebevo
10.01.2012 , 10:41 AM | #8
30K, I think I got almost 170K last night just from credits, doesn't included what I could have gotten from crafting all those mats.

I loved the look. Did story mode and was cruising through this with no problems until the last two bosses. Took a couple wipes on each to figure out the mechanics, but after that pretty sure we will one shot it next time (which we should on SM since it is SM and we were overgeared for it). Still great looking and interesting ops and story. Also just proves that the Female Smuggler is the funniest and best written character in the game.

I pretty much think it was perfect for SM as far as difficulty, great way to see the area and enjoy the story, but yet still unforgiving enough that a major mess up by a tank or healer spells doom for the group. 22K hit on my 21K sawbones shows me that a mistake means death for most non-tanks in SM TfB.

Can't wait to do it on HM.

Master-Nala
10.01.2012 , 10:50 AM | #9
Good post! Looking forward to trying this out.

Meepbot
10.01.2012 , 10:55 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by TalkingDinosaur View Post
I guess TFB feels short because there isn't mobs every 5 feet like in EC and the mobs in TFB drops a ton of credits. Halfway through TFB and my group was already 30k richer.
The running joke in my guild is that TFB gives you about 150k creds, but by the time you leave, youve paid it all back... with interest (from repairs ). But yeah, great Ops, I know the hardcore raiders from other MMOs find this games Ops to be a piecce of cake, but this Op is a step inthe right direction
The Shadeslayer Legacy |The Harbinger | No Guild
Bloo, 50 Sniper | Turtlestomper, 50 Merc | Beautiful-Ocean, 50 Jug | Arran, 50 Sin
Guiotine, 50 Sent | Popojoe, 50 Sage | Ericksson, 50 Scoundrel | Phoenix, 50 VG