Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Will you be able to trade Cartel Coins between Accounts?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Will you be able to trade Cartel Coins between Accounts?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Elfa
10.01.2012 , 08:59 AM | #1
Say I have 2 accounts and have coins on both of them, can I trade coins from one account to another?
I'd like to sit down with the guy responsible for having Busta Rhymes fight Michael Myers in HALLOWEEN RESURRECTION. Then, before he could speak, I would slap him so hard his face would explode and his dog would die." - Jim Law

Jacen_Starsolo
10.01.2012 , 09:01 AM | #2
Doubt it.

bravotwentysev
10.01.2012 , 09:03 AM | #3
No they are tied to the account. Cant find the link but its already been stated.

Lord_Ravenhurst
10.01.2012 , 09:06 AM | #4
I hope there will be real life Cartel Coin cash machines in my city. I plan to pay my rent with Cartel Coins.
In about a year Cartel Coins will be the only safe currency in the world...

/tinfoil hat

Urael
10.01.2012 , 09:48 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Lord_Ravenhurst View Post
I hope there will be real life Cartel Coin cash machines in my city. I plan to pay my rent with Cartel Coins.
In about a year Cartel Coins will be the only safe currency in the world...

/tinfoil hat
If the U.N. has it's way Cartel Coins will be taxed!!!!

/tinfoil hat.

FlippinFlapJack
10.01.2012 , 09:50 AM | #6
OK, next question(s):

Can we give cartel coins to other players for a trade, thanks, whatever?

Can we give the items we buy with cartel coins to other players for a trade, thanks, whatever?

Can we trade cartel coins for credits?

Can we sell the stuff we buy with cartel coins on the GTN?
Only a Sith deals in absolutes. --Obi Wan Kenobi

Kualan
10.01.2012 , 09:58 AM | #7
The answer to all those questions is "almost certainly not". This is because if you were allowed to do such things, it would open up avenues for scammers and other such opportunist money-for-ingame-credit websites..
Stannis - Jedi Guardian - Level 50 : Sarella - Imperial Sniper - Level 50
Kastrofa - Gunslinger - Level 50 : V'lorn - Sith Juggernaut - Level 50
Nyna - Jedi Sentinel - Level 50 : Melondi - Jedi Shadow - Level 50
Tremarck - Imperial Operative - Level 50 : Kualan - Republic Vanguard - Level 22

bravotwentysev
10.01.2012 , 10:01 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by FlippinFlapJack View Post
OK, next question(s):

Can we give cartel coins to other players for a trade, thanks, whatever?

Can we give the items we buy with cartel coins to other players for a trade, thanks, whatever?

Can we trade cartel coins for credits?

Can we sell the stuff we buy with cartel coins on the GTN?
No to all as their will be no point to issueing them to paying players.

Elfa
10.01.2012 , 01:38 PM | #9
They should allow Cartel Coin gits between guild mates. That way if you have a guild mate that you want to join in an op and he doesn't have that ability yet, you can gift him the coins needed to join in.

That is of course if they're selling things like Op joining and such through the Cartel Coin store.
I'd like to sit down with the guy responsible for having Busta Rhymes fight Michael Myers in HALLOWEEN RESURRECTION. Then, before he could speak, I would slap him so hard his face would explode and his dog would die." - Jim Law

ProxyKalevra
10.01.2012 , 01:44 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Elfa View Post
They should allow Cartel Coin gits between guild mates. That way if you have a guild mate that you want to join in an op and he doesn't have that ability yet, you can gift him the coins needed to join in.

That is of course if they're selling things like Op joining and such through the Cartel Coin store.
you might be able to do with... if BW is smart they will let you buy the op access then select gift to friend so you can give what you purchased to a friend... probably not at the f2p launch but its one of those things what is pretty standard in online purchasing for instance steam and possibly wow for some items...not sure on wow but i felt like i could give some stuff i bought away...