Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

WHERE is the progression? All Ops can't give the same loot.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Flashpoints, Operations, and Heroic Missions
WHERE is the progression? All Ops can't give the same loot.

Ephesia
10.01.2012 , 06:07 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Chorusgirl View Post
This is what I did with most of my gear, although I went back and replaced my rakata with tionese since it looked better with my pink bounty hunter chest. You can keep your set bonuses this way while using your black hole coms that you get through the FP dailies and weeklies to upgrade the modifications. I actually geared out my alt in 61 level mods by doing dailies. There are a lot of different ways to gear up without necessarily doing HM denova. I used the boots for Mercs since those had power/surge stats and were one of the cheaper pieces. Anyway, good luck gearing up!
Done exactly the same, never liked the orange green look of the jedi guardian gear. Rakata looks much better (even tho rakata itself is meh)
Ephesia, Level 55 Jedi Guardian
Tomb of Freedon Nadd (EU)
Member of Catalyst

Lightning_
10.01.2012 , 06:28 AM | #12
Completely agree with OP.

Before 1.4 you could do EC SM or KP NiM to build up for EC HM. Now you basically just need to farm BH comms from the Group Finder, get some easy Rakata from EV/KP HM, ignore all the other ops which are completely useless, and dive right into EC HM (you don't even really need EC Story now cause it's mechanics don't prepare you for hardmode anymore).

So BW have added one worthwhile Ops:
- TFB HM
and one worthless:
- TFB SM
and made all the following Ops worthless:
- EV NiM (was worthless before, nothing has changed)
- KP NiM (I think it still does give BH comms, but not enough really to justify doing it)
- EC SM.

And after that you wonder why people are leaving the game because it's boring and lacks content? Who needs content which no one will play except for one pass to learn the mechanics.

KarethRiker
10.01.2012 , 10:57 AM | #13
I'll take a different tact. I don't really agree with their progression, but I understand why they're doing it. Now having said that I think they are kind of shooting themselves in the foot. At least when NiM KP gave BH Comms there was a reason for raids to run that content. Now there is really no reason to run KP except on Story mode (which let's face it is faceroll easy). So instead of having three somewhat viable end game content pieces they now only have two. For a game that is light on end game, this strikes me as a bad choice.
Kareth Kalzeth Kairieth Karzeth Karyeth
Kelschuz Staccia Karjeth Karxeth
The Last Centurions - The Harbinger

Screaming_Ziva
10.01.2012 , 11:40 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by The_Duck View Post
I don't get this games PvE gear progression AT ALL. What the heck?
By just running Eternity Vault Hard-Mode (arguably the easiest Ops around) I can gear up full Rakata.
I know what you're saying but please, at least get your facts straight. You cannot get a Rakata main hand in EV HM and I'm pretty sure you can't get a Rakata headpiece either. I don't think Rakata bracers or belts drop there either.

Powerrmongerr
10.01.2012 , 12:41 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Screaming_Ziva View Post
I know what you're saying but please, at least get your facts straight. You cannot get a Rakata main hand in EV HM and I'm pretty sure you can't get a Rakata headpiece either. I don't think Rakata bracers or belts drop there either.
Actually, the bounty hunter/trooper and warrior/night classes can pick up the rakata hilts/barrels from Gharj. Making the step up to KP HM relatively meaningless for those classes. Now that offhands are modifiable for ALL classes, can't the other two professions do this as well? Are they bound to slot?

You are, however, correct about Rakata headpiece. Though with farming EV HM, you can get the enhancement and modification fairly easily, and you can hope for the rakata armoring to drop, buy one off the gtn for 200-400k, or just have someone make it for you for mats and a "tip.'

Spatology
10.01.2012 , 06:30 PM | #16
^ sheilds dont come with barrels.

This thread is great, i did HM EC in Rakata gear without augments.....

Sounds like a personal problem to me.

Banegio
10.01.2012 , 07:17 PM | #17
The gear progression is obviously there.

Instance-wise? BW just offers alternative paths because majority of people (read non-hardcore players) want options.

The way 1.4 positioned (nerfed ec sm and made TB sm drops columi), it indicates that SM is not part of progression. SM may be just one of a few possible stepping stones to ease fresh 50 into raiding.

Are you preferring/suggesting an absolutely linear path where a raid group would need to raid the same instance over and over again for months to gear up the whole group before moving to the next tier?

I played since launch and have multiple alts in top tier gears. Do I prefer they keep adding tiers so my past effort counts in the future? Yes. But it is unlikely to happen.

There are only ~2 tiers of raid content atm. So maybe too early to say how quickly a future fresh 50 can achieve top tier.

Karasuko
10.01.2012 , 09:26 PM | #18
Heres a hint, If you don't need gear from it it's time to progress ie into the next tier of difficulty.
I like the fact that I now have options to gear up my incomming imperial alts.
1.To get to columi lvl do SM EV and KP., Flashpoints too.
2.To get to rakata SM EC and TFB, + HM EV and KP.
3.To get campaign. HM EC
4.To get godly gear HM TFB.

Thats 4 steps that take you through all the content and all the gear tiers, how is that not progressive?

I honestly think the majority of the populace just needs to get a treatment for purple fever. Play to see the content, Play to enjoy a challenge, Play to have fun instead of "OMG they don't drop better gear in every tier i'm wasting my time"

None of the earlier content is invalidated, It just smooths out the RNG factor. instead of having 2 shots per week at the Rakata MH or offhand you now have 6, how is that a bad thing? Think of newly starting raid groups and guilds trying to get geared up?Think of people trying to optimise their gear? This way of doing things is quite good for newbies,returning players etc.They don't feel screwed on the " i cant see content" front

Rakata is the stepping stone into HM EC and TFB, without it people really will suffer, why shouldn't bioware make it more available?It doesn't hurt the hardcore (they're done with rakata 6-8 months ago) It doesn't hurt the bulk of the raiding community (we were done with it 3-4 months ago) it only helps the aforementioned people.

The best thing is, The aforementioned people actually have to go through some of the content to get the gear, theres very few pieces of rakata outside of ops so they're getting some experience before stepping into a raid. This is alot mroe important than people realise. Look at the LFR crowd in wow, it shows how much the free epics for everyone has hurt the community, manners and skillwise. Yes you can kite people through and they won't learn a thing but hey you're kiting them through out of the goodness of your heart right?

RandomXChance
10.01.2012 , 11:37 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by Karasuko View Post
Heres a hint, If you don't need gear from it it's time to progress ie into the next tier of difficulty.
I like the fact that I now have options to gear up my incomming imperial alts.
1.To get to columi lvl do SM EV and KP., Flashpoints too.
2.To get to rakata SM EC and TFB, + HM EV and KP.
3.To get campaign. HM EC
4.To get godly gear HM TFB.
Expertly stated. All the whining about lack of end game content and when Bioware actually gives you options on progression all you do is complain? I thought the Op and gear progression was stupidly obvious until i read this thread.

BogyOne
10.02.2012 , 01:19 AM | #20
The Pavlov reward has been removed for my main with these changes. It makes running these on him pointless but instead motivates it me to level and alt to go through all the gearing way again, which I am actually looking forward to.

I would like however to have the Nightmare Modes to EC and TFB, just buff everything 30% and add extra loot on bosses (commendation and exotic material wise too).

EDIT: I remembered why I was not excited with anything else except BH comms and new Hilt source. It was because I found mods and enhancement in BH gear to be the best, the devs putting together sets inserted tanking armorings into DPS sets, in short - itemization in premade sets sucks for me.