Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Denova HM 8, Kephess droids calibrating until inmune to damage

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Flashpoints, Operations, and Heroic Missions
Denova HM 8, Kephess droids calibrating until inmune to damage
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Kophar's Avatar


Kophar
09.30.2012 , 11:50 PM | #51
Look i aint saying it cant be done, ofc it can, its just with TFB on the horizon, why adding this new mechanic NOW? Honestly im seeing this as a bug, a reply from joveth or allyson here would be great tho
I saw a dark explosion. I sensed a power within. I felt the urge, the rage, the power... I AM REBORN!!

Shoogli's Avatar


Shoogli
10.01.2012 , 01:02 AM | #52
Guys, with what am saying next am not kidding or being ironic :

My guess is that the mechanic is now working as intended and was bugged earlier making those first 3 robots a bit too easy.

It just was fixed. This is what I believe, I may be wrong though, but I wouldn't be surprised it was the case.
The only mistake is that the fix hasn't been added to the patchnotes.

Now on the difficulty : it has more to do with being used to the old easy way and not adapting than really being difficult in the first place.

As a matter of fact you DO NOT NEED to interrupt all those casts, just enough so it doesn't reach a certain amount : I think it's 10. If you miss a few interrupts it's not a big deal.

You only need 2 players each on 2 droids and 4 on the non tanked one.
Of course what that does is make the raid a little disorganized as to where everybody is during the walker shots and purple dot areas and makes a team that is used to the old way a little off the comfort zone, that's all, nothing really serious.
Shoogli | Jawa Droid Designer
Do not Follow me on Twitter @NOWHERE | Dislike me on Facebook
[Do Not Contact Me] [Rules of Misconduct] [F.A.Q.] [Shoogli Tracker]

Craftamancer's Avatar


Craftamancer
10.01.2012 , 01:36 AM | #53
Quote: Originally Posted by Shoogli View Post
Guys, with what am saying next am not kidding or being ironic :

My guess is that the mechanic is now working as intended and was bugged earlier making those first 3 robots a bit too easy.

It just was fixed. This is what I believe, I may be wrong though, but I wouldn't be surprised it was the case.
The only mistake is that the fix hasn't been added to the patchnotes.

Now on the difficulty : it has more to do with being used to the old easy way and not adapting than really being difficult in the first place.

As a matter of fact you DO NOT NEED to interrupt all those casts, just enough so it doesn't reach a certain amount : I think it's 10. If you miss a few interrupts it's not a big deal.

You only need 2 players each on 2 droids and 4 on the non tanked one.
Of course what that does is make the raid a little disorganized as to where everybody is during the walker shots and purple dot areas and makes a team that is used to the old way a little off the comfort zone, that's all, nothing really serious.
I'm sorry, but if the robots are casting just as often on 8 man as on 16 man, then there's an issue. You have twice as many people to interrupt in 16 man and can easily cover off all the interrupts. Reducing the cast timer from 1.5 seconds to 1 second is also BS, as it gives players with any lag at all virtually no chance of interrupting. This change also drastically favours groups with primarily instant cast attacks and short interrupt cooldowns, as they will lose the least amount of damage done, and more easily keep up with interrupts. In an op composed primarily of people with 12 seconds cooldowns on their interrupt, this is a problem.

It all adds up to an extremely poor thought process by Bioware. The fact that this change was not announced, but rather showed up out of nowhere, is but another indication that Bioware has made a mistake. There are a number of other bugs that were introduced or re-introduced with 1.4, and it makes no sense whatsoever to post "oh, you can still do it" when there's no reason for the change in the first place.

I suspect that this was intended to be a part of NiM EC mechanics, and Bioware screwed up by making it part of HM mechanics. We are posting here so that Bioware will realize that there is an issue and do something to either explain their actions or fix it. It's not so that we can debate whether or not the content is still doable.

BevoTheCattleGod's Avatar


BevoTheCattleGod
10.01.2012 , 01:51 AM | #54
I have cleared this instance twice now on 2 different toons since they made this change. And while our groups were pretty strong, these were pug groups containing a lot of alts. My main raided on Tuesday, before the patch, and was obviously unavailable for either of these subsequent raids.

It simply isn't that hard. It took my first group that encountered it one single attempt before we figured out what we needed to change to make it work. The second group that did this had no problems with it, because some of us knew what we had to do already.

Even with this new mechanic, that first phase of the fight with the 3 robots is the least of your worries in that fight. It isn't hard at all. It is just different. Make the necessary changes and down them. Yeah it caught some people off guard, but it isn't that big of a deal.

Shoogli's Avatar


Shoogli
10.01.2012 , 01:59 AM | #55
Quote: Originally Posted by Craftamancer View Post
There are a number of other bugs that were introduced or re-introduced with 1.4,
That may also be a possibility, I agree with you.

Quote: Originally Posted by Craftamancer View Post
and it makes no sense whatsoever to post "oh, you can still do it" when there's no reason for the change in the first place.
I disagree with this since another possibility was that it wasn't previously working as intended and got fixed : that's a good enough reason.

Quote: Originally Posted by Craftamancer View Post
I suspect that this was intended to be a part of NiM EC mechanics, and Bioware screwed up by making it part of HM mechanics.
I agree that may well be a plausible possibility as well.

The fact remains that you do *not* need to interrupt everything, just kill them before it stacks too much, it's either like 8 or 10, and it's not very hard to kill them before they reach 8-10 by splitting the raid 2-2-4.

As the poster above, we too wiped once because caught off guard, then adapted and found it wasn't such a big deal.
Shoogli | Jawa Droid Designer
Do not Follow me on Twitter @NOWHERE | Dislike me on Facebook
[Do Not Contact Me] [Rules of Misconduct] [F.A.Q.] [Shoogli Tracker]

Kaonis's Avatar


Kaonis
10.01.2012 , 04:51 AM | #56
Quote: Originally Posted by crazyjedi-knight View Post
I have noticed this to in 8 man denova, only recently since 1.4 came out. This better be a mistake, otherwise this guy is getting too hard to kill. A lot of people still havent killed him yet, and making him harder isnt going to help. My guild is so fed up to the point that alot are probably just going to just give up with the game and end their subscription. Bioware really needs to pay attention to the common gamer out there, rather than the elitist ones. If swtor wants to stay afloat, there needs to be some changes with the difficulty in some of these operations.
^ This. We gave up after a few attempts because running with some mercs means on a 12 second timer we're going to miss a lot of those shots. Couple in the fact one of our guys internet connection was bad just for Denova but literally a second or so, and that's 1 person unable to interrupt.

Leovinus's Avatar


Leovinus
10.01.2012 , 05:59 AM | #57
Quote: Originally Posted by Shoogli View Post
I disagree with this since another possibility was that it wasn't previously working as intended and got fixed : that's a good enough reason.
There's really no reason at this point to change it, whether it wasn't working as intended or not. First off, people have been farming it for a very long time. Most of the people just getting to it now won't be the highly motivated/dedicated ones, so this will make the hurdle even higher for them, and mostly JUST them.

They obviously removed some file somewhere or changed a value in a spreadsheet, because those droids now lack whatever vulnerability they used to have. I was hitting them 40-50% HARDER than anything else in game. That tells me the vulnerability was intentional. Forgetting about the interrupt for a moment, the loss of vulnerability is the biggest wierdness I can see.

Just freaking fix it by putting it back the way it was already, you don't make a fight harder months after it was introduced. The progression of a game goes in exactly the opposite direction if the people in charge are thinking.

Shoogli's Avatar


Shoogli
10.01.2012 , 10:09 AM | #58
Quote: Originally Posted by Leovinus View Post
The progression of a game goes in exactly the opposite direction if the people in charge are thinking.
I understand, but then again : put this in perpective with them removing Black Hole commendations from the story modes...

Now it may well not be a bug fix, and instead a bug, I don't know...
It just is I'm thinking it's one of the possibilities, that's all...

Quote: Originally Posted by Shoogli View Post
[snip]
My guess is [snip]
This is what I believe, I may be wrong though [snip]
Quote: Originally Posted by Shoogli View Post
That may also be a possibility, I agree with you.
[snip]
I agree that may well be a plausible possibility as well. [snip]
Shoogli | Jawa Droid Designer
Do not Follow me on Twitter @NOWHERE | Dislike me on Facebook
[Do Not Contact Me] [Rules of Misconduct] [F.A.Q.] [Shoogli Tracker]

bbates's Avatar


bbates
10.01.2012 , 10:22 AM | #59
I think it's a bug while it is possible to do it, it obviously wasn't in before and shouldn't be added/fixed without letting the community know. Since basically that gear is now not needed to much it doesn't make sense to spend time wiping on droids that should be easy to kill. Also the reduced time on the cast for 8 man is a little silly.
Zero 55 Merc, Tubbington 55 Mara, After 55 Sorc, SleepyBear 55 Opp, Tulduro 55 Jugg Mirand'a 55 Ptech, Naughtengton 55 Sage, Helle'quin 52 Gun,
Proud member of Animosity! The Firefly Legacy!

JovethGonzalez's Avatar


JovethGonzalez
10.01.2012 , 12:22 PM | #60 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Hi folks, just wanted to let you know that we are currently investigating this issue. Thank you for bringing this up and thank you for your patience.