Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Sith Inquisitor Companion Quest - Khem Val

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore > Spoilers
Sith Inquisitor Companion Quest - Khem Val

Halinmonk
07.30.2012 , 07:25 AM | #31
Zash was lieing to the apprentices, think about it: if she had won her old body would be dead and she would be in control of the Inquisitor's body, but no one could know it was her, because then every Sith ever would be hounding her for the secret of eternal life. She meant to pretend she was the Inquisitor and had killed herself (Zash) and claimed her own power.

Side Note: I'm curious, what happens if you finish all of the companion quests before Zash is done being part of the main storyline?

magicallypuzzled
07.30.2012 , 12:58 PM | #32
that certianly is one way of intrepreting it and there is no way of proving it wrong which is why i originially said that it depends on how you see it. personally from the hints and things zash/others say, as well as the what the game won;t let you say believe that zash really is looking out for me.

if zash was merely going to betray you i'd think the game would give you some sort of option to say something like so zash was a good person after all? or in other words the game should have a word choice that inables you to fall for zash's good girl lies. instead the only options available is sceptsism which by it's self makes me think the twist is that zash is honest.

it's just a feeling i have thought the different ways of reading this conversation is it a lie isn;t it a lie is partly why zash is such an amazing character.

Halinmonk
07.30.2012 , 01:08 PM | #33
I always get the impression that Zash is a much better person then she seems to be, certainly better then most Sith. But when in your first conversation with her after the end of chapter 1 she even says that she always liked you and that she very nearly called off the ritual, but it was that or death and she "doesn't like anyone that much."

Leolab
07.30.2012 , 02:34 PM | #34
Quote: Originally Posted by Halinmonk View Post
Side Note: I'm curious, what happens if you finish all of the companion quests before Zash is done being part of the main storyline?
You can't. It's locked not only be affection, but by where you are in the story.
Quote: Originally Posted by Syylara View Post
Games are played for entertainment, not to validate your sense of self-worth.

Halinmonk
07.30.2012 , 02:41 PM | #35
What happens when more story content is released for the Sith Inquisitor? Will there have to be three sets of dialog, one with just Zash, one with Khem, and one with both?

Ranadiel_Marius
07.30.2012 , 04:52 PM | #36
Quote: Originally Posted by magicallypuzzled View Post
that certianly is one way of intrepreting it and there is no way of proving it wrong which is why i originially said that it depends on how you see it. personally from the hints and things zash/others say, as well as the what the game won;t let you say believe that zash really is looking out for me.

if zash was merely going to betray you i'd think the game would give you some sort of option to say something like so zash was a good person after all? or in other words the game should have a word choice that inables you to fall for zash's good girl lies. instead the only options available is sceptsism which by it's self makes me think the twist is that zash is honest.

it's just a feeling i have thought the different ways of reading this conversation is it a lie isn;t it a lie is partly why zash is such an amazing character.
O_o Did you miss the part where the only reason she doesn't strangle the SI after the ritual is because she is bound by the same bond as Khem? I really don't see how it is possible to interpret the events of the ritual in any way other than she was planning on taking over your body, fubared, and the SI benefited by her fubar. She outright states in a comapnion conversations: "I very nearly changed my mind about the ritual, you know. I genuinely like you. But it was that or death, and I don't like anyone that much."
A Primer on the Emperor(yes this does have spoiler)

One Night Stands and Similar Encounter (spoilers again, and I am probably going to repost this sometime in the future)

magicallypuzzled
07.30.2012 , 09:18 PM | #37
i didn;t miss the part where she speaks in her owen voice how she's expecting to get away with that is a mystery at any rate she lies alot and plays a part no matter what. i have obsessed over every line of zash dialogue that might prove her true intentions nothing proves one way or the other. after all why tell her apprentices that she was going to be defeated why not just say she was going to posses her apprentices body if she had wanted to hide her survival from thanton she still could of done so easily.

also she has proven preminitions and her apprentice flat out says she had a preminition about this speciffic moment yet some how she's wrong? maybe maybe not. why does she help you at all if she really wants you dead? she doesn;t need you alive and is better off with out you weither she was stuck in khem vals body or not.

words and actions shape people and every thing about her trying to punish you might just be trying to shape you into the sith she wants you too be.

ShupFace
10.01.2012 , 01:09 AM | #38
I've only just finished Chapter 1, but I think I've already made my decision.

If I was a nice guy I'd choose Khem over Zash since Zash betrayed me and would do it again if given the opportunity. She deserves to be punished. Whereas Khem sacrificed himself to save me and is completely loyal. He absolutely deserves to be saved.

But I'm not a nice guy. I'm a cruel, arrogant, power-hungry Sith! I have accepted Khem's sacrifice without thanks and I won't hesitate to throw him on the scrap heap when I no longer need him. I plan to make use of Zash's extensive knowledge while subjecting her to an entirely appropriate punishment: A life of servitude as my lap-dog.

And I'm arrogant enough to think this choice won't come back to haunt me...

kimdante
11.26.2013 , 11:37 AM | #39
Quote: Originally Posted by ShupFace View Post
I've only just finished Chapter 1, but I think I've already made my decision.

If I was a nice guy I'd choose Khem over Zash since Zash betrayed me and would do it again if given the opportunity. She deserves to be punished. Whereas Khem sacrificed himself to save me and is completely loyal. He absolutely deserves to be saved.

But I'm not a nice guy. I'm a cruel, arrogant, power-hungry Sith! I have accepted Khem's sacrifice without thanks and I won't hesitate to throw him on the scrap heap when I no longer need him. I plan to make use of Zash's extensive knowledge while subjecting her to an entirely appropriate punishment: A life of servitude as my lap-dog.

And I'm arrogant enough to think this choice won't come back to haunt me...
Well played. Very sexy.

It will not come back to haunt you, I assure you.

StarMagus
11.26.2013 , 11:53 AM | #40
All of these people talking about how Loyal Khem is to them have me wondering if there are different paths you can take with him. Every time I talk with him he's always insulting me, threatening to get free and eat my soul, telling me that no matter what I do he's always watching me looking for weakness.

Every little thing he did during the story had me deciding that there was no reason to keep around a creature who's only desire is to break free from my control and eat me.