Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Game will not install, stuck at 6% of main assets 1

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
Game will not install, stuck at 6% of main assets 1
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

-Myk-
09.30.2012 , 05:53 PM | #1
This is a fresh install on a new hard drive. Have tried 3 times and it sticks at the same place.

Beruthien
09.30.2012 , 05:56 PM | #2 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Greetings -Myk-,

If you are doing the installation from discs, could you please go to www.swtor.com/download, download the latest launcher setup file and run the installation over the current one?

If this does not helps please come back to us with your Launcher log (when posting the log please paste it within the [SPOILER][/SPOILER] tags).

Thank you!
Beruthien| BioWare Customer Service Forum Support

-Myk-
09.30.2012 , 06:01 PM | #3
I did that to do my fresh install.

Please provide me with instructions on how to get the launcher logs and how to use those tags.

-Myk-
09.30.2012 , 06:46 PM | #4
I would like some help with this. If that help is not prompt then I will need to cancel my sub. Also do not link me to other threads. I want that help here.

Spoiler

Beruthien
09.30.2012 , 07:01 PM | #5 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Greetings -Myk-,

Can you please delete the retailclient_swtor.version file that can be located in the client installation folder?

Also please flush the DNS cache and make sure that when you start the launcher you run it as administrator and in Windows XP Service pack 3 compatibility mode.

Please come back to us if the issue remains.

I hope this helps!
Beruthien| BioWare Customer Service Forum Support

-Myk-
09.30.2012 , 07:13 PM | #6
Good job, you just lost a customer by linking instead of actually helping.

-Myk-
09.30.2012 , 07:22 PM | #7
unsubscribed.

Oh and your fix did not work. and flushing DNS cache is useless as the game was not downloading but at the install phase.