Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

General Chat in fleet is now specific to each instance?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
General Chat in fleet is now specific to each instance?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Dragonbgone
09.30.2012 , 04:14 PM | #1
Was posting in general chat in fleet 1 and my friends in fleet 2 did not see it. Is this working as intended?
. : Messores Republicae : .
Reapers of the Republic

Beruthien
09.30.2012 , 04:26 PM | #2 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Greetings Dragonbgone,

General Chat should be shared across all instances.

Have you noticed this issue occurring multiple times or just this once? If it is possible could you try if the issue always there or only occasionally occurring?

Thanks.
Beruthien| BioWare Customer Service Forum Support

Brittaany_Banks
09.30.2012 , 04:27 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Dragonbgone View Post
Was posting in general chat in fleet 1 and my friends in fleet 2 did not see it. Is this working as intended?
Are you sure they don't have you ignored? lol
I don't care who you are. I don't care if you are male, or female, black, or white, gay, or straight, religious, or non-religious, old or young. I care about 3 things. Can you tank properly? Can you DPS properly? Can you heal properly?

HiltoftheDragon
09.30.2012 , 05:39 PM | #4
We tested it within our guild last night and the shared fleet chat is indeed broken. We went into different instances and could not see what each other was typing. Im sure this problem with chat is one way or another related to the inability to right-click names in chat also.
The Starkillerz Legacy
Creedess - 55 Assassin * Adea - 55 Marauder * Noliana - 55 Mercenary
Serinety - 55 Operative

Beruthien
09.30.2012 , 05:49 PM | #5 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Greetings HiltoftheDragon,

In this case we would ask that you submit an in-game bug report regarding this (/bug) and the issue will be investigate further.

Please come back to us if you have any other questions or issues.

Thank you!
Beruthien| BioWare Customer Service Forum Support

ClarkNineCD
09.30.2012 , 07:43 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Dragonbgone View Post
Quote: Originally Posted by Beruthien View Post
Greetings HiltoftheDragon,

In this case we would ask that you submit an in-game bug report regarding this (/bug) and the issue will be investigate further.

Please come back to us if you have any other questions or issues.

Thank you!

I can confirm this from first day of 1.4 on republic fleet (only confirmed it there).

Didn't report it due to reading comprehension issues by those who read/respond to in-game problem submissions, so got discouraged and slowed down the bug reporting. I'll go report it in-game, though BW should know about it as I hope Beruthien has to log reported bugs he responds to on the forums.

Another one I haven't seen mentioned by BW or posted about is the world map doesn't show the skill retrainer or mod stations, even when they are ON (turning mod stations off then back on from world map doesn't work). This one goes back pre-1.4 though and I only looked on Carrick Station. My guess is it's related to whenever they made it so you can only see your own class trainer on the map (I see no toggle for seeing other class trainers). Sorry if this is considered a thread-jack. It has been reported.