Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Character Inaccessible/unable to load

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service (Read-Only)
Character Inaccessible/unable to load

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

CJAShadow
09.30.2012 , 05:21 PM | #1
I submitted a ticket ingame as well on a different character but I wanted to see if anyone else has had the same problem.

My Jedi Guardian, Cyann, does not load at all when I select him from the Character Screen. My other characters work fine/don't have an issue like this.

I finished D7 HM on him from the GF and loaded back into my ship (previous location). After doing that I was going to go the Fleet and turn in my commendations.

When I tried to load into the fleet the game froze in the loading screen.

After exiting the game and relogging, I see that my chracter is said to be in Directive 7. When I try to load into him the game freezes again.

Please help.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Lock- Master Zhar Lestin
Cyann- Harbinger

Beruthien
09.30.2012 , 05:28 PM | #2 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Greetings CJAShadow,

We are sorry to hear that you have run into this issue with logging in with your character.

We have seen a number of reports on this issue and we are currently investigating this.

As you have already submitted a ticket, the best course of action in this case would be to wait for our in-game team to get back to you.

Our sincerest apologizes for any inconvenience this issue may cause.

Thank you!
Beruthien| BioWare Customer Service Forum Support

Skylerr
09.30.2012 , 05:30 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by CJAShadow View Post
I finished D7 HM on him from the GF and loaded back into my ship (previous location). After doing that I was going to go the Fleet and turn in my commendations.

When I tried to load into the fleet the game froze in the loading screen..
I found this in the Known Issues thread...
Quote:
If players enters Group Finder content while on their personal starship, attempting to leave the ship after the content is complete will cause the client to become stuck on the loading screen.

Workaround: Using the Galaxy Map to travel to a new location before exiting the starship after Group Finder content will prevent becoming stuck.
...unfortunatley it only seems to say how to prevent the issue from happening in the first place

I think this issue needs an alert in the patcher so everyone is made aware of it up front! I always do my GF runs from my starship (to speed up load times) so I probably only avoided it by luck yesterday.
(▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓ΞSKYLERR()█Ξ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓)

Skylerr
09.30.2012 , 06:04 PM | #4
Several people in this thread are reporting that this is working for them...
Quote: Originally Posted by Injudicator View Post
The steps of what I tried:

1.start the game
2. In the main menu I selected the start with full screen option
3. I restarted the game
4.i pressed select on my char (so that he can start loading)
5. Immediately I pressed the windows button +D ( show desktop)
6. Waited 5 mins and maximised the game by clicking on the swtor icon on my toolbar

Hope it works for you guys
(▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓ΞSKYLERR()█Ξ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓)

CJAShadow
09.30.2012 , 06:04 PM | #5
Thankyou for the responses. I will wait for the ingame help/ticket, though that character was the one I was playing mostly and now I guess I will be doing other stuff...like cleaning.

The Known Issues Thread should be posted in the installer, I check the forums maybe once a week.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Lock- Master Zhar Lestin
Cyann- Harbinger