Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Is it me of Lost island HM is overtuned??

Kaonis
09.29.2012 , 07:52 AM | #71
Quote: Originally Posted by gsrce View Post
Why should a group be forced to take certain classes?

We tried to do this with two melee and a Jug tank and couldn't get any better than 50% on the first boss. The fight has way too much going on for a melee group to be able to complete it on HM. We wiped for hours and ended up going into the red for durability twice before just giving up.

(Everyone was in almost full Rakata)
It's very doable with all melee DPS, you just have to change up your strategies. Me and my guild have run it regularly with 2 melee DPS.

Though with that said, the mechanics are quite unfair against melee. The amount of extra work just for having a single melee DPS is stupid, compared to the ranged DPS. When we do it with 2 ranged the healers are happy and stress free, not much damage goes out, but the second we bring an melee, damage from aoes goes all over the place.

Khevar
09.30.2012 , 10:49 AM | #72
Quote: Originally Posted by Kaonis View Post
It's very doable with all melee DPS, you just have to change up your strategies. Me and my guild have run it regularly with 2 melee DPS.

Though with that said, the mechanics are quite unfair against melee. The amount of extra work just for having a single melee DPS is stupid, compared to the ranged DPS. When we do it with 2 ranged the healers are happy and stress free, not much damage goes out, but the second we bring an melee, damage from aoes goes all over the place.
I heal LI, regularly. My main group is full melee, and sometimes ranged.

I have no problems with the melee. They help interrupt the droid, stand behind him when attacking, and can take advantage of a salvation on the tank. If your having troubles with a melee group, they're doing something wrong

I've even taken a guardian dps and a shadow dps who had never passed LR5 through LI. I explained the strats and told them where to stand and we all one or two shotted everything

iimagiicii
09.30.2012 , 11:07 AM | #73
Thanks for getting this nerfed
Cry'sta Superbeast Orihime'Inoue'
Cr'ysta O'bito

Jedi Covenant

BevoTheCattleGod
09.30.2012 , 02:03 PM | #74
Lost Island is a joke now, and this makes me sad. The annihilation droid used to be a fun little challenge. I can now tank it on my marauder. Seriously.

There are people 2-manning the entire FP now.

This is the worst change they have made to the game that I have seen.

Petnil
09.30.2012 , 05:10 PM | #75
I dont like the nerf, but i can understand why it had to be done. Too many times melee got kicked from Lost island groups because the droid boss was "impossible for melee" Something had to be done.

I would have preffered making it so that tank would have to kite no matter the group composition. E.x give the bupple cast a max range, if no dps/ranged is within 5 meter it will drop on the tank.

CharlieBrown
09.30.2012 , 08:47 PM | #76
It's far too simple now. You light up like a Christmas ornament before you drop a bubble. Melee in the group can just run away to a "dump zone" and run back to the boss.

This FP was rightly classified as a Tier 2 FP in its original form. Now it's a slightly shorter Kaon.
Fiera × MainAssassin Tank
<E> Guild × Prophecy of the Five

Ifrica
10.01.2012 , 03:55 AM | #77
nerfed? guess i should try again, i was having alot of problems healing the droid with our melees :s
TOFN - EU PVP
Mirobi Snowdrifter - Sage \\ // Talibram Snowdrifter - Marauder
System : AMD Phenom II 955 - 16GB DDR3 (1600) - Radeon HD7950 - Samsung SSD

haliy
10.01.2012 , 04:28 AM | #78
The nerf is just another way for the devs to cater to those who have no clue how to handle mechanics. Kinda sad really.
MOSAIC - JEDI COVENANT
Guild Website
Haliy - 55 Sentinel ~ Windigo - 55 Shadow ~ Kája - 55 Sage
Vindeta - 55 Commando ~ Snapshote - 55 Operative

Pintje
10.01.2012 , 06:35 AM | #79
I like the changes as this makes it mare accessible to many more besides that elite 15 percent Bioware seems to cater to all the time .

JediNg
10.01.2012 , 06:40 AM | #80
Quote: Originally Posted by Pintje View Post
I like the changes as this makes it mare accessible to many more besides that elite 15 percent Bioware seems to cater to all the time .
Confirmation bias much?
Ritha
The Harbinger
Formerly from Ahazi, Dec Oct 2003 - Nov 2005