Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Rotation, Rotation, Rotation - Carnage - Ranked Setups + Strategies

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Sentinel / Marauder
Rotation, Rotation, Rotation - Carnage - Ranked Setups + Strategies

Xerain
09.28.2012 , 07:40 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Megatfx View Post
EDIT: Looking back at my video I don't really do that, I'll start doing that if Ravage is on GCD. I got into the habit of the Massacre -> Gore -> Force Scream because of Ravage. If I Massacre *Pause for GCD* Gore -> Force Scream -> Ravage then I can get both the Force Scream and the Ravage both with 100% armor penetration. Been always doing it like that, but you're right, that would be a higher damage benefit.

Going to test this out in WZ's today. There has to be a reason why I do the Massacre before the Gore -> Force Scream. I just can't remember.
You can gore>ravage>scream and with the end hit of ravage +scream it's like 10k damage in a GCD which is even better isntead of waiting the 1.5 secs after scream to ravage.

Dacer
09.30.2012 , 07:45 AM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Xerain View Post
You can gore>ravage>scream and with the end hit of ravage +scream it's like 10k damage in a GCD which is even better isntead of waiting the 1.5 secs after scream to ravage.
I agree. I think its better to ravage first So that its for sure going to get all three hits while gore is up plus its more of a burst.

If you test it out in a parser you'll see the large spike in damage in the graph compared to waiting that extra GCD.

Its all about burst, right.

arkitip
09.30.2012 , 09:52 AM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Dacer View Post
I agree. I think its better to ravage first So that its for sure going to get all three hits while gore is up plus its more of a burst.

If you test it out in a parser you'll see the large spike in damage in the graph compared to waiting that extra GCD.

Its all about burst, right.
It's better in PVE for sure, because your likelihood of being stunned or knocked back are decreased and it takes almost 0 latency to actually fit Force Scream > Ravage within the Gore window.

I'm sure the reason Mega went Massacre > Gore > Scream in PVP is because most people are going to stun, knock back, or run away from a Ravage which leaves you scrambling to get back into position for Scream or you miss getting it off in the Gore window.