Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Game Freezes going to and from ship

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
Game Freezes going to and from ship

Dartalion
09.29.2012 , 05:21 PM | #1
When going to or from my ship, on certain planets and for no apparent reason, the game simply freezes. Its almost impossible to get off of Corsucant. Sometimes you end up with the screen of death. Sometimes a black screen. Other times it just hangs and shows a graphics scene.

Going from the ship is also dicey. This did not happen before 1.4 This patch is the worst that they have put out so far. Obviously it wasn't tested adequately.

Ycoga
09.29.2012 , 06:23 PM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by Dartalion View Post
When going to or from my ship, on certain planets and for no apparent reason, the game simply freezes. Its almost impossible to get off of Corsucant. Sometimes you end up with the screen of death. Sometimes a black screen. Other times it just hangs and shows a graphics scene.

Going from the ship is also dicey. This did not happen before 1.4 This patch is the worst that they have put out so far. Obviously it wasn't tested adequately.
I've had situations where the game locked up at the loading screen...

e.g. clicking 'start WZ' or whatever the button is called: the loading screen will appear, the progress bar will not update, and I then have to close the program down and restart it.
'Pre-2.0 PvP... The gear gap was too big and some players became non-contributors quickly because of the gear gap. It wasn’t fun for the majority of players' - Alex Modny

Esron
09.29.2012 , 07:32 PM | #3
This happens to me almost about every 2nd time ive completted a FP or trying to get into one... its quite lame if you ask me... every gd patch there is a new problem or an old one comes up again....

mexrage
09.29.2012 , 09:49 PM | #4
I also had the same problem since thursday, i entered a group finder flashpoint while on my ship, when i finished it, i returned to my ship, i decided to exit my ship. It freeze on loading now, and if i try to logon on my character again, it will crash everytime (making my character unavaible), also my character selection screen say my character it still on the Flashpoint.

I suspect the error is how the ship works on the game, and when i said to return to last location, i returned to my ship...but instead docked on Imperial Fleet, i was "docked into The Foundry"....

OwnzYou
09.29.2012 , 10:12 PM | #5
My game has also been freezing when I enter and exit my ship. Leaving my ship it just takes like 5 minutes for it to work itself out. Entering my ship on a planet just freezes it, every time. Luckily when I restart my PC and start the game up the game at least puts me in my ship.

Also had my game freeze when I left a HM Black Talon too, missed out on my Group Finder rewards, but still gave me a completion for the FP though.... Weird

SiXXXX
09.29.2012 , 10:34 PM | #6
Play around with your graphics settings. The day the game came out I had a TON of that, going to and from ship. I even lost out on finishing a FP after we killed boss because I froze and lost group.

I wish I remember exactly what I did, but what I did notice is that despite zero hardware changes, my original graphics settings no longer worked well. I downgraded a little bit and presto: No problems. Play around.. I havent had it happen in 2 days now
Bergeren Colony Liiara Överkill Cassüs

The Harbinger Nyhilüss Jay-Fett Thräsher