Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

SW:TCW "Revival" discussion

BrandonSM
09.29.2012 , 08:09 AM | #1
This thread will be full of spoilers

Amazing Episode.

A little disappointed because I kept waiting for Palpatine, I could have sworn they said he was going to fight them in the pilot. But Obi-wan taking on Maul and Savage was awesome.

We finally got to see some real Obi-wan ******ery, that we really haven't seen anywhere except in novels.

And one of the reasons I love TCW is because they execute the Independent Faction of SW(Pirates, Scumbags, etc) so perfectly like we know it from the EU.

Anyway, I liked the episode allot.
Hapan: "This creature has information that could lead us to a woman who has been kidnapped. We will get that information."
Luke: "This woman is a citizen of the New Republic, and if you do not take your hands off her, I will take your hands off you."

MOPSFounder
09.29.2012 , 08:11 AM | #2
Overall, I wasn't disappointed like always. The thing that just bothers me is that we probably won't see any Maul and Opress for a long while. The same thing happened with the Bounty Hunters in S2. ._.

Eillack
09.29.2012 , 08:29 AM | #3
IMO it was very boring, and highly predictable. I was not surprised when: Adi Galia (w/e spelling) was killed..but getting killed by a head stab and then saber impale..wow what a stupid way to make a character WHO IS ALIVE IN EP III die....

I believe the end of the episode forshadowed the CT-1313 episode / promo for the game, 1313. Palpatine does fight Maul and Savage, but that isn't until the Mandalorian focussed arc.

Overall this was a boring season premier with obvious predictable events.
With unity, comes strength...with strength, comes power...with power...comes obedience.....
CE Owner '09 Account
Quote: Originally Posted by BruceMaclean View Post
..I think it's ultimately our fault for not communicating enough.

BrandonSM
09.29.2012 , 08:35 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Eillack View Post
IMO it was very boring, and highly predictable. I was not surprised when: Adi Galia (w/e spelling) was killed..but getting killed by a head stab and then saber impale..wow what a stupid way to make a character WHO IS ALIVE IN EP III die....

I believe the end of the episode forshadowed the CT-1313 episode / promo for the game, 1313. Palpatine does fight Maul and Savage, but that isn't until the Mandalorian focussed arc.

You predicted that Jedi's Death?
You predicted Maul loosing a leg and Savage loosing a arm?
You predicted that the pirates would turn on Maul?
Did you predict Obi-wan facing Maul and Savage and winning?

I think you must be a psychic because I honestly did not even think about those things happening
Hapan: "This creature has information that could lead us to a woman who has been kidnapped. We will get that information."
Luke: "This woman is a citizen of the New Republic, and if you do not take your hands off her, I will take your hands off you."

Eillack
09.29.2012 , 08:36 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by BrandonSM View Post
You predicted that Jedi's Death?
You predicted Maul loosing a leg and Savage loosing a arm?
You predicted that the pirates would turn on Maul?
Did you predict Obi-wan facing Maul and Savage and winning?

I think you must be a psychic because I honestly did not even think about those things happening
Nope, if I was psychic I'd probably be rich by now. It's called poor writing.
With unity, comes strength...with strength, comes power...with power...comes obedience.....
CE Owner '09 Account

BrandonSM
09.29.2012 , 08:39 AM | #6

Adi Galia wasn't in Ep. 3. She was killed in the EU before then by Grevious and TCW her a better death.

Eillack
09.29.2012 , 08:40 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by BrandonSM View Post
Adi Galia wasn't in Ep. 3. She was killed in the EU before then by Grevious and TCW her a better death.
Then I guess Ep III was the first to pull a "TCW" using a dead character.

But anyway lovin the attempt to change the poor writing subject, it was just my honest opinion, not my fault TCW has been like this for a couple of seasons.
CE Owner '09 Account

Setsugetsuka
09.29.2012 , 08:47 AM | #8
Then I guess Ep III was the first to pull a "TCW" using a dead character.

But anyway lovin the attempt to change the poor writing subject, it was just my honest opinion, not my fault TCW has been like this for a couple of seasons.
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Stass_Allie

Eillack
09.29.2012 , 08:55 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Setsugetsuka View Post
Still iffy about this, it is a wikipedia after all, but either way, if this is correct than TCW once more rewrote history in any sense and does not affect my stance of predictability.
CE Owner '09 Account

Spero_Helix
09.29.2012 , 09:13 AM | #10
I disliked the episode.
1. I'm still upset about Maul returning. He has been resurrected too many times. He needs to stay dead.
2. Savage Oppress is overpowered. Yes, he has been imbued with Mother Talzin's magic, but he hasn't even had a year of training and he's killing Jedi Masters who have trained their entire lives. I understand sometimes raw power is great, but that is just ridiculous.
Spoiler

4. And last, it was kind of poor writing. There were two things I was pleased to see. First was the reappearance of the pirates. I love Jedi and the Force and could read about them all day long, but too often we get wrapped up in that world and don't pay enough attention to the non-Force users in the galaxy. Second was the injury of Maul and Savage. It showed they were a little more vulnerable than previous thought and not just invincible powerhouses.

Just my two cents here.
May the Force be with us...