Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The Short Fic Weekly Challenge Thread!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Community Content > Fan Fiction
The Short Fic Weekly Challenge Thread!
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

irishfino
09.28.2012 , 12:32 PM | #1651
Quote: Originally Posted by kabeone View Post
@irishfino ugh disgustin....d'awwww cute

I'm adorable. You can't resist it, Kabe. MUAHAHAHAHHAAHAAAH!
I'll probably die if you group with me, but I'll go out with both lightsabers drawn stabbing someone in the face. Probably you, but it's cool. Forever Shenanigans!!

irishfino
09.28.2012 , 12:35 PM | #1652
Prompt: Affection
Characters: Malavai Quinn and Athra
Universe: Quick Quinn Quotes

The Necklace

Spoiler

Notes:

Spoiler
I'll probably die if you group with me, but I'll go out with both lightsabers drawn stabbing someone in the face. Probably you, but it's cool. Forever Shenanigans!!

Magdalane
09.28.2012 , 02:07 PM | #1653
LOL it is my goal to slowly, but surely, change Bright_ephemera's opinion of Corso
Love is the strongest magic of them all.

Morgani
09.28.2012 , 04:16 PM | #1654
Sisterhood Part 7

Minor spoiler for light side choice in False Emperor flashpoint.

Note:

Spoiler
Be to her Virtues
very Kind.
Be to her Faults
a little Blind.

elliotcat
09.28.2012 , 09:39 PM | #1655
Week of 9/28/12
Fame - Your characters all end their class stories with a lot of newfound fame. How do they deal with it? Being recognized on the street, being on the news, finding themselves mentioned all over the HoloNet - it's got to be stressful. Alternatively, what if your characters met another famous person and had to deal with being starstruck?
Bad Timing - Sometimes, the worst thing about something is when it happens. Even a good thing can end up being not-so-great if the timing is wrong. Write about a time when your character had to deal with something that just plain came at the wrong time.

Ebon Hawk: Latula // Elaeys // Raima // Jaea // Macara // Meulin // Damarra // Kanaaya

"We will snatch purpose from the jaws of futility...are you ready to wreak some havoc?"

iamthehoyden
09.29.2012 , 08:31 AM | #1656
Quote: Originally Posted by Morgani View Post
Sisterhood Part 7
Spoiler
First of all, this story is still a mystery to me (which is a very good thing! usually I figure out stuff way too fast!) and I love love love Jorgan. I love all of it, but he just makes me happy And Vik is so much fun. He's our Jayne, hehe. That part about Forex cracked me up! Love this story. Cant'. Wait. To. See. The. End!!!
aren't you a little short for a stormtrooper?
---------------
Fan Fiction: My Name is Solomon Crae The Man in the Box

Striges
09.29.2012 , 12:57 PM | #1657
Sorry for sort of drive-by posting the other day.

First @ Morgani: I'm really curious where your story is going. Like Iamthehoyden I haven't quite figured everything out yet, and again, that's good, since I usually solve mysteries too fast.
Spoiler

@ Selentar: This is a very agent-y mystery. Liking very much. Plus, I like Lokin and he doesn't get used much.

@ Irrissa: Since we're mentioning little-used characters: Torian! Also like the bit of Huttese thrown in there.

@ Kabeone: Doc's 'affection' on the heels of Scourge's--priceless. Both great but the juxtaposition is even better.

@ Earthmama and Magdalane: so very sweet.

@ Iamthehoyden: Love the story of Esma. I like the way you describe her as an infant--really really perceptive, but still interested in things a baby would be interested in.

@ Bright: Well, there so much good stuff there. The shorts, Draagh mark 3 (at least). Very fun to read.

As far as Varrel goes, his close colleague was the SI (Xathras, a friend's character, who's since quit playing), so he knows of at least one way to cheat death. So first stop: Interview Zash. I feel a bit weird writing for a friend who's not playing anymore, so I'm not sure how this will end up. I do know Varrel wouldn't step down from being Wrath, that's just not in his personality. But at the same time, he wants to make sure his line (the Force-sensitive part of it anyway) continues. An obvious conflict.

On a less serious note, I can't help but imagine a whole section of Sith self-help books: Life Extension for Dummies, How to train an Apprentice (and not get yourself killed), Ruling the Known Universe in Five Easy Steps or Take Over a Planet in Three, Anger Management: How to Maximize Your Power...

irishfino
09.29.2012 , 01:09 PM | #1658
Prompt: Bad Timing
Characters: Malavai Quinn and Athra, Essa and Vai

I always loved you... I just never showed it...

Spoiler

Notes:

Spoiler

bright_ephemera
09.29.2012 , 01:10 PM | #1659
Quote: Originally Posted by Earthmama View Post
LOL, coming from you Bright, I don't know if that's a good thing or a bad thing, considering your well known feelings towards Corso.
Well, for good or ill, Aaron is recognizably his father's son. This is perhaps success?

Striges, re: Draahg,
Spoiler

The character (as in person) index has hit the limit of 50,000 characters (as in keyboard symbols)! I'm not really sure how to proceed from there: whether I should just dump a new post right here, have the two link to each other, and split up the listing by author, or what.
the Short Fic Weekly Challenge - 70+ authors to date. 2000+ stories. New prompts weekly!
Bright's Fanfic Threads
Forever Shenanigans!
Ceterum autem censeo, Malavai esse delendam.

bright_ephemera
09.29.2012 , 01:16 PM | #1660
Quote: Originally Posted by irishfino View Post
Prompt: Bad Timing
Characters: Malavai Quinn and Athra, Essa and Vai

Spoiler
Doublepost!

I am surprised and delighted at the wonderful bittersweet way this turned out, especially given that I was nearly debilitated with laughter...for longer than I really care to describe...on line two.
the Short Fic Weekly Challenge - 70+ authors to date. 2000+ stories. New prompts weekly!
Bright's Fanfic Threads
Forever Shenanigans!
Ceterum autem censeo, Malavai esse delendam.