Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

I've gone through the first three pages - Queuing for WZ/FPs rationale?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Flashpoints, Operations, and Heroic Missions
I've gone through the first three pages - Queuing for WZ/FPs rationale?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Sparviero
09.28.2012 , 06:06 PM | #1
What is the rational about nixing being able to play in WZs while waiting for an FP to pop?

How about doing something positive when you do something like this and let me queue for FPs on multiple characters then so that odds of getting an FP to pop inside three hours vastly improve.
Korvus lvl 50 Shadow - Republic of OT.
Sparviero Garibaldi Falco Octavian of the Junodian Legacy.

Uluain
09.28.2012 , 06:20 PM | #2
Did people tend to do this, then ditch the WZ as soon as their FP popped? That may be your answer as they have been talking about finding ways to address players abandoning WZs mid-match.

Darth-Rammstein
09.28.2012 , 06:35 PM | #3
They don't want people dropping out of the match to join a fp. I support their decision to do this, queue for one or the other.
Belgoth's Beacon ----> The Fatman ----> Prophecy of the Five

Sparviero
09.28.2012 , 06:50 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Darth-Rammstein View Post
They don't want people dropping out of the match to join a fp. I support their decision to do this, queue for one or the other.
Sure if you can pop an fp as quickly as a wz. As it is I can go through 5+ wzs without group finder finding an fp group and that is with 4 of those WZs being full timed Huttball matches. More people rage quit from WZs because no one is organizing. Better to get ingame vox than force people to sit with the game minimized waiting for an hour plus in the hopes the group finder sound fires to announce they can finally play an op.

As I stated originally before creating a negative find a positive. Don't remove ability to remain queued for an FP unless you add something positive to replace this feature.
Korvus lvl 50 Shadow - Republic of OT.
Sparviero Garibaldi Falco Octavian of the Junodian Legacy.

Trollokdamus
09.28.2012 , 07:02 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Darth-Rammstein View Post
Then i guess they want to see less people in FP queues, making at least 1-49 ones almost infinite.
Also, they want to make leveling experience less flexible, since now, if you don't want to do the story for 1000th time, you are forced or to run WZ's non-stop until you're sick of them and close the game, or to wait in infinite FP queues doing nothing until you're sick of waiting and again close the game.

Voranis
09.28.2012 , 08:08 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Uluain View Post
Did people tend to do this, then ditch the WZ as soon as their FP popped? That may be your answer as they have been talking about finding ways to address players abandoning WZs mid-match.
Which accounts for what 5% of WZ leavers?
-------------------------------------------------------------------
One man's fate decided by another man's wait.
Voranis Cometchaser-Master Bounty Hunter/Creature Handler-Bloodfin

SpaceGaunt
09.28.2012 , 08:12 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Voranis View Post
Which accounts for what 5% of WZ leavers?
You make this sound like this is a factual percentage...

I'm not saying it's not, but how can you say it is?
"I learned a long time ago, never argue with stupid people. They bring you down to their level and beat you with experience."
-HelinCarnate

Voranis
09.29.2012 , 05:31 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by SpaceGaunt View Post
You make this sound like this is a factual percentage...

I'm not saying it's not, but how can you say it is?
Because 95% of WZ leavers do so the moment it looks like a loss.
One man's fate decided by another man's wait.
Voranis Cometchaser-Master Bounty Hunter/Creature Handler-Bloodfin

Yogol
09.29.2012 , 05:35 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Sparviero View Post
What is the rational about nixing being able to play in WZs while waiting for an FP to pop?

How about doing something positive when you do something like this and let me queue for FPs on multiple characters then so that odds of getting an FP to pop inside three hours vastly improve.
Bioware didn't give any reason why they did this.

Some players say that it would stop people from quitting in the middle of a WZ, but quite frankly that is nonsense: people quit in the middle of the WZ when they saw that the other team has waaaay better gear then them and they know they will loose it for certain.

It's just one of those things on the list of changes they refuse to explain.

To make matters even worse, they even didn't say anything about this change until players started noticing it. Nothing. Not a word. They didn't ask players if they wanted it. They didn't say it was comming. they didn't put it in their patch notes.

It wasn't one of the 'better communication'' items, that's for sure.
Yogol. Rebel without a cause. Often without a clue too.
Founder of The Fruitfly Guild, the one-day-beta-guild for one-day-beta-characters.

Digimanbyte_ID
09.29.2012 , 05:39 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Uluain View Post
No a more acceptable answer is to deny them from queuing in both. Its either PvE or PvP. That way a person can look through chat logs and find that is looking for his type of class.