Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

[Artifice] 1.4 did we really get the shaft again?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
[Artifice] 1.4 did we really get the shaft again?

Sarenne
09.28.2012 , 04:31 PM | #11
I see your point about buying new offhands as a character levels but think about it - if you're leveling up an alt and at level 14 you have a moddable offhand drop from trash (happened to me Wednesday night) what are you gonna do with it, equip it or send it to your main? I still see this as more an end-game issue. TBH selling hasn't been real hot since 1.4 with the GTN being down for a day and the current problems ppl are having with purple mission discoveries. I expect the market to pick up again once things settle down. Oh and with armstech we used to make barrels, vibroknives and The Chopper. Guess it's down to barrels and The Chopper now.

GnatB
09.28.2012 , 04:54 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Trigon View Post
You misunderstand totally. This has nothing to do with columi/rakata/campaign or any endgame gear. Nor does it harm Armstech, quite the contrary it will increase their barrel sales. Nor will competitive pricing help generate sales when total sales are at zero. I didn't think it was needed, but let me explain:
You do realize that armstech also made offhands through REing recipies to make better ones, and they too lost that ability? Though granted they can now sell the barrels, but hey. Artificers can now sell the enhancments. (and crystals? do custom Vibroknives/shotguns use crystals?)

pre1.4, correctly RE'd offhands was pretty much the only thing my armstech sold. Barrels was too saturated to be profitable, and many people prefer the primary stat augs.

Trigon
09.28.2012 , 06:54 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Sarenne View Post
Oh and with armstech we used to make barrels, vibroknives and The Chopper. Guess it's down to barrels and The Chopper now.
My apologies, I don't have an armstech and didn't consider the fact you are also losing a market. Rather than vibroknives you're reduced to only making the barrels for them. This is just as unacceptable as it is for artificers.
I got 99 problems but a Bith ain't 1!

Cruz
09.29.2012 , 06:37 AM | #14
Yeah, 1.4 was "harsh" on Artificers and Armstech'ers, and Bioware is cool with that... Crew Skillz are just for showz >.<
Do or do not. There is no try.

Cruz |> Jedi Mastah <|

Sarenne
09.29.2012 , 11:43 AM | #15
yeah well.. after checking the GTN on 2 different servers and seeing pages of foci and generators (not so many shields and only 1 vibroknife) I think it would have been better to give schematics to crafters. Might happen in the future but expecting it'll be too little too late. picture this: "Elegant Modified (insert offhand name here)"

MorgonKara
09.29.2012 , 02:15 PM | #16
Look at it this way, modifications use less resources to craft than offhands. Get your hilt/barrel/mod/enhance recipes all purpled out and sell those.
Armormech-Armstech-Chemist-Mor-gon-M'orgon-Maxxi
Armormech-Armstech-Biochem-Artifice-Synthweaving-Cybertech
The Craft Legacy ~The Ebon Hawk

Trigon
09.30.2012 , 03:32 AM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by MorgonKara View Post
Look at it this way, modifications use less resources to craft than offhands. Get your hilt/barrel/mod/enhance recipes all purpled out and sell those.
Unfortunately this is incorrect, they take twice as many purple mats to craft as offhands do and they sell for essentially the same amount. The only difference is when you crit (on hilts anyway) you'll make ~25% more selling 2 than selling 1 augmented offhand.

Brittaany_Banks
09.30.2012 , 07:07 AM | #18
If you are not making credits from 1-49 crafting then you are doing it wrong
I don't care who you are. I don't care if you are male, or female, black, or white, gay, or straight, religious, or non-religious, old or young. I care about 3 things. Can you tank properly? Can you DPS properly? Can you heal properly?

Trigon
09.30.2012 , 02:44 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by Brittaany_Banks View Post
If you are not making credits from 1-49 crafting then you are doing it wrong
1-49 crafting is what everyone in this topic is discussing.

Lord_of_Mu
09.30.2012 , 03:38 PM | #20
Kind of related to this topic. Has anyone with Cybertech tried to see if they can learn the armoring from the off hands? They don't appear to have a slot restriction. If a schematic can be gained from the off hand slot. Droids just became upgradeable.