Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Installing game client 66 (0%)

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
Installing game client 66 (0%)
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

warriorcat's Avatar


warriorcat
09.28.2012 , 03:42 PM | #101
Quote: Originally Posted by KillMrTumble View Post
always had problems with patches tho , but always sorted them and then played the game fine . I will give that a shot and let you both know how i get on . Thanks so much for your time , the both of you . I appriciate it
not a problem your keeping my friend happy because i am not constantly on swtor when i am at home

if its not fixed.. well poke trivaak or sutii or maybe even beesodd if he is not hiding (i would love one of their skypes/twitters (hint) :P )
Aim the rockets at Tomb of Freedom Nadd!
Level 50's Darkri/Zeraya//Jess'e char slots used 11/12
level 55 Raffes

Tirvaak's Avatar


Tirvaak
09.28.2012 , 03:59 PM | #102 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Hi KillMrTumble,

I'm thinking that the 3G might be the reason you are encountering this problem, I have some experience with those modems and know that they are not the most stable connection going at the moment.

warriorcat's point about just bringing a hard drive with you might be better than carrying your system(especially if its a full system), you can download the client fully and then transfer it to your system when you get home.

I'm glad that we may have been able to find the problem and please do let us know how you get on. We are always happy to help.


@warriorcat,

Thank you again for all of the help you have provided to KillMrTumble and others on the forums, it is greatly appreciated.

"skypes/twitters" - does not compute......defensive anonymity protocols engaged........

Shutdown Sequence.....Initiated.

Tirvaak | Bioware Customer Service - Forum Support

warriorcat's Avatar


warriorcat
09.28.2012 , 04:04 PM | #103
Quote: Originally Posted by Tirvaak View Post


@warriorcat,

Thank you again for all of the help you have provided to KillMrTumble and others on the forums, it is greatly appreciated.

"skypes/twitters" - does not compute......defensive anonymity protocols engaged........

Shutdown Sequence.....Initiated.
hehe again its not a problem

*all power to engines i am off be4 the droid destroys me
Aim the rockets at Tomb of Freedom Nadd!
Level 50's Darkri/Zeraya//Jess'e char slots used 11/12
level 55 Raffes

KillMrTumble's Avatar


KillMrTumble
10.02.2012 , 02:10 PM | #104
Its still the same after downloading it up a friends who's computer downloaded the patch fine

warriorcat's Avatar


warriorcat
10.02.2012 , 03:19 PM | #105
Quote: Originally Posted by KillMrTumble View Post
Its still the same after downloading it up a friends who's computer downloaded the patch fine
sorry about slow response, i am not sure how i can help,
(useless information)
Spoiler


(looking back through what was previously said that could be missed i can only remember above )

(being edited did not read what you said 100%)

i just want to confirm something

did you install the files to your hard drive through his computer or your own (this is key to my theory and future advice and questions) - (i mean for example your tower on his network) or (did you plug in your hdd into his tower/laptop as a secondary hdd and transfer files across) if not how did you do it

edit: 11:03 pm bst i am off ill get back to thread in morning
Aim the rockets at Tomb of Freedom Nadd!
Level 50's Darkri/Zeraya//Jess'e char slots used 11/12
level 55 Raffes

ViciousFett's Avatar


ViciousFett
10.02.2012 , 03:55 PM | #106
So yeah, same exact problem today, but I think I know what was causing it.
In the retailclient folder there's a loadingscreen folder, which I had deleted the default jpg in, and replaced it with an empty alpha loadingscreen.png. What that accomplishes is a transparent loading screen, which in turn reduces load time (since most of the time the zone is already loaded, you just have a loadingscreen blocking your view.

*note to devs, please have client ignore loadingscreens folder. Also, please let us alter the other loading screens as well.

Well, long story short, slightly different file, happened in both last 2 patches. Replaced the retailclient folder with someone else's both times and it fixed it for me.
The Vicious Legacy
Random'hajile - Aeons - Gillian'Seed - Nati - Pirate'bay - Romana'II - Casaiss - Ghost-chops - Tuskenking - Cookìepuss - Rõland
CE VIP

frossdelaqrois's Avatar


frossdelaqrois
10.10.2012 , 05:37 AM | #107
That worked for me make sure you have loading screen file in your default starwars directory C:\Games\Star Wars-The Old Republic\swtor\retailclient\LoadingScreens

IF you would like a nice custom loading screen try this out http://www.gigasize.com/get/bkrthrf0wzc

ElitehunterDS's Avatar


ElitehunterDS
10.12.2012 , 12:09 PM | #108
Quote: Originally Posted by ViciousFett View Post
So yeah, same exact problem today, but I think I know what was causing it.
In the retailclient folder there's a loadingscreen folder, which I had deleted the default jpg in, and replaced it with an empty alpha loadingscreen.png. What that accomplishes is a transparent loading screen, which in turn reduces load time (since most of the time the zone is already loaded, you just have a loadingscreen blocking your view.

*note to devs, please have client ignore loadingscreens folder. Also, please let us alter the other loading screens as well.

Well, long story short, slightly different file, happened in both last 2 patches. Replaced the retailclient folder with someone else's both times and it fixed it for me.
You joking right? a single jpeg is causing that much issues? WTB pre 1.4 patcher...
At least now i know why..
Retiring from SWTOR August 2013

Sev'ra Level 55 Sith Assassin {Deception spec}
Tempest (Prophecy of the Five)

warriorcat's Avatar


warriorcat
10.12.2012 , 12:16 PM | #109
i have the pre 1.4 ... hmm, can i just delete it ... i am not getting paid...
Aim the rockets at Tomb of Freedom Nadd!
Level 50's Darkri/Zeraya//Jess'e char slots used 11/12
level 55 Raffes

surubaatomica's Avatar


surubaatomica
10.12.2012 , 12:24 PM | #110
Quote: Originally Posted by justinparneteau View Post
nope worked fine for me and i live in the middle of the bush
loloololol me to ;P