Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Canceled preorder 7 times a month ago. Still charged.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
Canceled preorder 7 times a month ago. Still charged.

Aescseco
12.19.2011 , 11:10 PM | #1
I canceled a pre order more than a month ago to create a new account. I was told 7 (seven) times that it was canceled. I spoke with EA support 7 (seven) different times each time being told that it was canceled and each time finding out it was still active. I was even refunded the pre order fee and given a confirmation email and number. What happens today? Im charged for the full amount. I contact EA support again and Im told that it was never canceled. Really Peggy?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GRLwKw9up3s

Thank you Peggy. Bioware. EA. Mythic. Random person reading this. I dont care who Im talking to. You have the absolute worst customer service that Ive ever seen in my life. That youtube link is nothing compared to what Ive had to deal with. I have canceled everything that has to do with this game because I cant put up with it anymore. Maybe in a few weeks or months... or years Ill come back. But I can not put up with being told 7 times that something is canceled and then end up being charged on launch day.

So after spending 3 hours talking to "customer service", which really is no better than screaming at the wall, and after being told that all 3 of my orders have canceled including my launch account, I get an email telling me something is being shipped to me. My saga has truly just begun.

DarthBalinor
12.19.2011 , 11:12 PM | #2
Same thing happened to me. Just got my account overdrawn because of it.

Aescseco
12.19.2011 , 11:13 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthBalinor View Post
Same thing happened to me. Just got my account overdrawn because of it.
Yep. And who is going to pay these overdraft fees I wonder? Not EA or Bioware of course. No see because they can take the money instantly but its going to take 5-6 business days to put it back.

DarthBalinor
12.19.2011 , 11:15 PM | #4
Yep thats what my bank just told me. So i probably wont have any money til after christmas.

Aescseco
12.19.2011 , 11:24 PM | #5
"So hey theres a guy on the forums that just canceled everything because he thinks we have bad customer service. What should we do?"

"Nothing. We'll show him how good our customer service is! Dont even respond."

"But sir doesnt that make it only more obvious that our customer service is horrible?"

"SHUSH! I HAS COOKIE" *runs into bathroom*

CRCError
12.19.2011 , 11:26 PM | #6
If you bought with a credit card, call the number on the back of your card and file for a charge back. It may take a few days, but you'll likely get your money refunded.
⋐█▉██████▣▓╣▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▉)

Aescseco
12.19.2011 , 11:29 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by CRCError View Post
If you bought with a credit card, call the number on the back of your card and file for a charge back. It may take a few days, but you'll likely get your money refunded.
Well Peggy over at customer help told me that every has been refunded. Ill wait out their 5-6 business days but then I will be requesting a charge back. I also refuse to pay any of these overdraft fees. Maybe EA or Peggy will because I wont.

macknt
12.19.2011 , 11:35 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Aescseco View Post
Well Peggy over at customer help told me that every has been refunded. Ill wait out their 5-6 business days but then I will be requesting a charge back. I also refuse to pay any of these overdraft fees. Maybe EA or Peggy will because I wont.
ive dealt with the exact same issue. i called because the game shipped today although i thought i had cancelled and they said that if im charged itll come right back off and that apparently the charge is refunded but they didnt cancel the game from shipping so i get it for free?

Aescseco
12.19.2011 , 11:39 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by macknt View Post
ive dealt with the exact same issue. i called because the game shipped today although i thought i had cancelled and they said that if im charged itll come right back off and that apparently the charge is refunded but they didnt cancel the game from shipping so i get it for free?
This is completely different from what I was told. It seems Im being shipped an authenticater and I was told to refuse it and then 5-6 business days from God knows when Ill get a refund. I highly doubt you're getting the game for free. You probably wont get a refund until you send it back to them.