Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Ssssttttutttterrrinnnggg

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

gatorzrule
09.28.2012 , 02:45 PM | #1
Game ran fine now it gives me a headache when I try to play. Know its been reported but this....this is just terrible. This is worst patch I've experienced so far. I love the game and hope they can correct this graphic issue fast. At least let us know if they are aware its such a problem as I have seen it reported alot. Please fix?

Redat
09.28.2012 , 02:49 PM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by gatorzrule View Post
Game ran fine now it gives me a headache when I try to play. Know its been reported but this....this is just terrible. This is worst patch I've experienced so far. I love the game and hope they can correct this graphic issue fast. At least let us know if they are aware its such a problem as I have seen it reported alot. Please fix?
These boards are afire with the same issues mate, you are not alone.

Metalmac
09.28.2012 , 03:08 PM | #3
No one at BioWare reads the PTS and the reports of problems. (This was reported on the PTS over and over)

No one at BioWare tests any new patch other then to see it loads and that is about all the testing they do.

THE CUSTOMER IS THE BETA TESTER. You can see this in every single patch.

Hawath
09.28.2012 , 03:47 PM | #4 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Hi gatorzrule,

Quote: Originally Posted by gatorzule
At least let us know if they are aware its such a problem as I have seen it reported alot.
Rest assured, we are very aware of this issue. Our team is looking into it and hopefully we can sort this ASAP.

We remain available should you have any other demand.

Hawath | BioWare Customer Service - Forum Support

EnkiduNineEight
09.28.2012 , 04:51 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Hawath View Post
Hi gatorzrule,

Rest assured, we are very aware of this issue. Our team is looking into it and hopefully we can sort this ASAP.

We remain available should you have any other demand.
You may want to be mindful of what peiople are reporting. See above ust a few posts, and I am adding my own. I now get _headaches_ Horrible, splitting, nasty headaches trying to play this game. Your graphics engine changes are causing eyestrain and making it physically uncomfortable to play.

I ccan continue to stare at my computer screen surfing the web, playing other games, doing whatever I want for hours at a time, but I load up SWTOR and I am very quickly feeling physical pain.

I am NOT the sort to threaten my subscription but this is the first instance where I have ever had this much eyestrain or pain while playing a game. I DO NOT WANT to quit SWTOR. But your graphics changes may force this on me.

Everything was FINE with 1.3. Everything else I do or play on my computer remains FINE. 1.4 has severely damaged not only the performance of the game, but is doing physiological harm in the form of PAIN (Headaches/Eye Strain) while attempting to play.

I'm not the only one complaining of this.

If it is not repaired soon, I just wont be able to play the game despite wanting to and I will be out about 4 months or so of subscription time as I have been paying in 6 month increments.

I am not at all happy.

TaylorPotter
09.28.2012 , 05:51 PM | #6
Running the game in windowed mode completly eliminates the issue. not a partial fix like turning the nameplates off. At least it did for me.

WillCaedes
09.29.2012 , 07:08 AM | #7
Single card, 545 nVIDIA. I have no crossfire or SLI or w/e. Stuttering and camera jitters once 1.4 hit. ._.' Now I can't get my TOR-fix. Lol
Patch 2.7.1 - We're more concerned about getting the latest greatest Cartel Cash Market item out, then making sure our servers are adequately stable for gameplay. You might be lagging folks, but look! A Black varayactly and a reskinned armor coming soon!

EnkiduNineEight
09.29.2012 , 07:41 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by TaylorPotter View Post
Running the game in windowed mode completly eliminates the issue. not a partial fix like turning the nameplates off. At least it did for me.
Did not work for me.

erictech
09.29.2012 , 09:22 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by TaylorPotter View Post
This worked for me as well. Full screen (windowed) mode completely eliminated the stuttering.

JediNg
09.29.2012 , 02:51 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by erictech View Post
This worked for me as well. Full screen (windowed) mode completely eliminated the stuttering.
Likewise, this worked for me.
GTX 460 1GB
Ritha
The Harbinger
Formerly from Ahazi, Dec Oct 2003 - Nov 2005