Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

tips for false emperor small spoiler

Basil_Evenstar
09.27.2012 , 02:17 AM | #11
Fight him between two pillars (parallel to cliff, not across hallway) near the doorway. Tank/melee with back to one pillar and ranged/healers with back to opposite pillar. This is to prevent knock backs by Malgus into the pit. Since you fight right next to the cliff the entire fight, the moment he can be knocked off he is already there, the tank can strife slightly toward the pit and the others can simply knock him off.

Its cake.

haliy
09.27.2012 , 10:52 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by magi_melcior View Post
For the majority of the fight, keep him on the stairs in front of his throne, this avoids any issues with his horrific knockback.
This would work if you didn't have to rely on other players to actually move him into position. what happens if you end up getting that last person which he attacks and does not know to move him or moves him too late? Then it becomes a royal pain to get him into position.

Each person which said you should be tanking him with your back to one of the pillars is correct. You will not be affected by any of the knockbacks and you already have him into position. Once he starts casting his lightning is when you should see the grenades fly.

Force wave also works in place of a grenade.
MOSAIC - JEDI COVENANT
Guild Website
Haliy - 55 Sentinel ~ Windigo - 55 Shadow ~ Kája - 55 Sage
Vindeta - 55 Commando ~ Snapshote - 55 Operative

Gidrea
09.27.2012 , 12:08 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Basil_Evenstar View Post
Fight him between two pillars (parallel to cliff, not across hallway) near the doorway. Tank/melee with back to one pillar and ranged/healers with back to opposite pillar. This is to prevent knock backs by Malgus into the pit. Since you fight right next to the cliff the entire fight, the moment he can be knocked off he is already there, the tank can strife slightly toward the pit and the others can simply knock him off.

Its cake.
This times 100. If you tank him on the stairs, he sometimes won't follow you all the way to the edge of the pit. If you fight in over in the back corner, it's hard for the healer to reach everyone. The pillars are by far the best place.
Gidrea / Sallah / Amandageddon / Mädison / Randava / Lexä / Procaffeincia - The Harbinger
Shock and Jawa / Population Control - The family you choose, not the one your parents stuck you with! Join us and be a Jawa!

Ms_Sunlight
09.28.2012 , 12:00 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Gidrea View Post
This times 100. If you tank him on the stairs, he sometimes won't follow you all the way to the edge of the pit. If you fight in over in the back corner, it's hard for the healer to reach everyone. The pillars are by far the best place.
I disagree. I hate doing the fight this way with my sniper DPS and find it incredibly irritating to heal too. I have tanked, healed and DPSed this fight in HM and I say, forget the tricks, just fight him on the stairs. As long as everybody knows the mechanics, it's easy.
Carilie - Scoundrel // Dastelen - Shadow // Dras'yra - Sniper // Elonie - Sorcerer // Undali - Powertech
Server: The Red Eclipse // Guild: The Onyx Guard / The Orbital Guard

magi_melcior
09.28.2012 , 02:12 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Ms_Sunlight View Post
I disagree. I hate doing the fight this way with my sniper DPS and find it incredibly irritating to heal too. I have tanked, healed and DPSed this fight in HM and I say, forget the tricks, just fight him on the stairs. As long as everybody knows the mechanics, it's easy.
Agreed, as a Tank I always stop before clicking on the door to enter the throne room and tell the group, fight him on the stairs and move to the bridge when he gets to 15% HP. So far no one has got it wrong
ASHES OF THE ORDER THE SITH DIS-ORDER
THE RED ECLIPSE
Visit our website