Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

no more black hole comms in story EC?

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

PanzerKraken
09.28.2012 , 10:15 AM | #71
Quote: Originally Posted by AllisonBerryman View Post
I do have an update on this issue. This change was intentional, and we'll be adding it to the patch notes. Bosses in Story Mode Operations no longer drop Black Hole Commendations in Game Update 1.4. Thanks to everyone who brought this up, and we apologize for the confusion over it.
What an awful change. We are still working on this operation since we are a bit behind and the coms were a nice motivation for everyone as it meant all players got something at least for their runs or partial runs.

Polebreaker
09.28.2012 , 10:18 AM | #72
I do have an update on this issue. This change was intentional, and we'll be adding it to the patch notes. Bosses in Story Mode Operations no longer drop Black Hole Commendations in Game Update 1.4. Thanks to everyone who brought this up, and we apologize for the confusion over it.
This has got to be the only game I've ever played that has had to constantly ret-con their patch notes, rofl...

TheWookiee
09.28.2012 , 10:24 AM | #73
Does anybody else get the feeling that the reduced BH comms is a way to add these to the F2P cartel/pay shop option? Seems this would indeed make the game P2W if thats the case. Otherwise, there is no logical explanation for reducing the amount of comms we were already getting. An extra 20 a week form SM EC was not over the top or anything.

Leovinus
09.28.2012 , 10:33 AM | #74
Quote: Originally Posted by TheWookiee View Post
Does anybody else get the feeling that the reduced BH comms is a way to add these to the F2P cartel/pay shop option? Seems this would indeed make the game P2W if thats the case. Otherwise, there is no logical explanation for reducing the amount of comms we were already getting. An extra 20 a week form SM EC was not over the top or anything.
No, I don't get that feeling. Honestly, what I think they're doing is responding to the people who were whining back in the beginning about being able to get BIS gear without doing the hardest content. Two problems, of course. Too little too late, and it's no longer BiS, or even possible to make bis.

Most mainstream games that go F2P with a subscription option don't do that sort of thing, so I'm not sure why so many people expect Bioware to do so.

Fettered
09.28.2012 , 10:44 AM | #75
Quote: Originally Posted by TheWookiee View Post
Honestly this would suggest that the Devs have a clear and decisive understanding of what they intend to do in the next six months, the majority of their actions in game changes recently don't seem to support that idea.

Hyryu
09.28.2012 , 10:52 AM | #76
Dagummit. This bumms me out. BH comms from drops and chests were the only reason I started raiding consistently since it was an easier way to get good PVE gear. Now, its back to a daily 5 and weekly 6 other than HM ops?
Shadow Lands (MT OG!)
- Hiryu (50 Focus/Vig Guardian)
- Valtari (47 Watchman Sent)
- Valiz (23 Sage)

yoshua
09.28.2012 , 10:57 AM | #77
Quote: Originally Posted by Hyryu View Post
Dagummit. This bumms me out. BH comms from drops and chests were the only reason I started raiding consistently since it was an easier way to get good PVE gear. Now, its back to a daily 5 and weekly 6 other than HM ops?
Enjoy the grind.

are we confirmed that HM EC drops them from bosses still? i know they took them out of chests
Yoshua Acero
Pre-Cu Bria Vet - Master Doc/Master swords

Paid 15$ at Gamestop for my CE!

Coldin
09.28.2012 , 11:00 AM | #78
*shakes head*

I don't understand this Bioware policy of making it harder to gear up. All this does is encourage people not to run Story Mode. Wasn't it said earlier that by adding in the new Operation "Terror from Beyond" that getting more blackhole commendations easier and faster would be possible? That's not true if Story mode no longer gives any blackhole commendations.

I just don't get it. I respectfully request you change this back.

metaIsaber
09.28.2012 , 11:38 AM | #79
I'll echo what everyone already said. Operations were a good way to get BH comms in order to progress to harder operations (EC HM and TFB). Now that SM EC is nerfed this makes getting into the new content that much more difficult and longer to start. BW needs to rethink this decision.

moonshoter
09.28.2012 , 11:41 AM | #80
Quote: Originally Posted by Coldin View Post
*shakes head*

I don't understand this Bioware policy of making it harder to gear up. All this does is encourage people not to run Story Mode. Wasn't it said earlier that by adding in the new Operation "Terror from Beyond" that getting more blackhole commendations easier and faster would be possible? That's not true if Story mode no longer gives any blackhole commendations.

I just don't get it. I respectfully request you change this back.

Don't try all this complaining will do is nothing they won't ever give us the real turtth have yet to and will alwys two step us sadly .... I really want to play Sw but the way its heading im less and less and more amd more looking at wow again .. they al least have real gear . and a reason to play at end game id still play wow but it got real old over time for me .... to me this is the worst thing they can do to end game and then won't gvie us a reason why .......... or reason that justfilys it ...