Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Operative usefull dps?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Operative usefull dps?

Kanjir
09.02.2012 , 06:01 PM | #41
Quote: Originally Posted by GeoLager View Post
No it's not. You're making ***** up.

An operative in full buffs and adrenals does less damage than a marauder with no buffs.
^ Coming from a mara that would do roughly 1k dps, like all the other crappy ones out there.

Like I always say, play the class you will play most effectively. If you want to micro-manage then go for it, but if you want to be lazy then don't bother.

Elyx
09.26.2012 , 11:38 AM | #42
Quote: Originally Posted by Kanjir View Post
^ Coming from a mara that would do roughly 1k dps, like all the other crappy ones out there.

Like I always say, play the class you will play most effectively. If you want to micro-manage then go for it, but if you want to be lazy then don't bother.
^^ QFT. If we have exact numbers, and a sold enough number to know, we could "rank" classes. realistically, all the classes do enough damage to run any Op in the game atm. some have the potential to do more....but this is a shaky spot. not everyone can put out that potential.

Now, there are classes that simply put are easier to put out DPS with. the two that I've leveled that are simply easier (compared to my Operative and Juggernaut) are my maurader and my Merc. now, i rarely notice a huge DPS increase between my merc and my Jugg (except that my Merc doesn't have to hope around as much...and this does impact things), but my mara is far easier to get eh same level of DPS out of. to get the top DPS? it's probably a bit more challenging, but the curve for both my mara and my Merc is far less drastic then my jugg and Operative (the Op being the most challenging of the 4).

Now, that given, I've seen enough parses to believe personally that mara/sent, and the Sinper/gunslinger are top DPS when optimized, period. not by enough that other classes can't run an OP, but they are simply ahead (when played well.....again, this is very important). However, the only people that are really going to care are:

1)the ignorant
2)those who are struggling to get their fledgling guild through a progression Op (and are having to deal with inexperience and poor gear), and
3)progression guilds that don't care one whit about who they bring...they just want top numbers.

category one simply needs to get a grip. category two needs to understand that making their players better at what they do will net them better results in the long run then just bringing along EZ mode DPS to apply a band-aid to a gaping wound SKILL > CLASS. the last category needs to realize....they're in the wrong game. TOR isn't a hardnosed progression game. doesn't mean that you cant have fun, or that there isn't some challenges for average players. but it's like comparing non rated BG's to arena (for those who understand WoW). two different beasts.
"I just hit 50 and finished my class storyline, but I still haven't been able to decide which AC to choose. Leveling solo as a warrior wasn't difficult, so I kept putting off the decision.
Anyone else having the same problem? "~ lagerhat - And who says warriors are broke?

Svii
09.28.2012 , 01:14 AM | #43
One thing to consider when comparing DPS in Operations is that you can rarely compare one operation group to another. It's more realistic to compare within the group. This is because tactics and kill time is not identical. I've seen major dps deviation within my own operations depending on how fast and how well the encounter was executed. Dps can differ in the 100s.

Comparing the DPS in my guild 16m progression group we seem to have 3 brackets on the dps meters, if you follow me ^^

1. Min/Maxed and experienced players.. 1300-1700+ dps depending on encounter.
Snipers, Mercs, Sorcs, Marauders, Juggs are all very close to each other. Ranged have a slight edge, but not always.
2. Experienced but not fully geared. Typically 100-300dps below first bracket.
3. Recruits. Another 100-200 dps below 2nd bracket.

What I see is that experience is the most important factor. Knowing the encounters, how to move and maximizing DPS all at the same time, well, takes time to become second nature. A dead DPS is a bad DPS

Masarko
09.28.2012 , 02:00 AM | #44
Not sure for PvE, but PvP if you can manage to stay in the mix we are usefull
see link below
http://i50.tinypic.com/bi5ois.jpg