Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

So, no more queuing for PvP along with PvE...

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Wraiven
09.27.2012 , 03:55 PM | #71
Quote: Originally Posted by Nimithril View Post
Well, at least PvEers won't have to sit around and wait on you any longer so you can get those extra couple of comms.

Nope, instead you have to wait triple the time it would have normally took for the Group Finder to pop, because PvPers aren't wasting their time queuing for them anymore.
Republic: Krulex (Shadow) Kn (Guardian) Krll (Sentinel) Wanatrime (Vanguard)
Imperial: Wraiven (Assassin) Krullous (Marauder) Krawl (Jugg) Xin (Jugg)
♠♠♠ The Soulstalker Legacy ♠♠♠
-FIGHT-

PolePott
09.27.2012 , 05:49 PM | #72
Adding my 2 cents, this change sucks.....that is all.

Urkell
09.27.2012 , 11:23 PM | #73
I would love to see BIOWARE explain why they think this is a good idea and how making people so upset they don't que anymore for either PVP or FP is going to help the game. I have a 46 OP healer and i sat for 45 mins to get in a FP. As a healer i have never had to wait more than 5 mins maybe 10 mins tops. Please BIO can we get the one Dev that thought of this genius idea to comment? God forbid i have a DPS that whats to run a FP now that isn't level 50. That pretty much has gone out the window on my server. Who really wants to wait 2-4 hours to maybe get into a FP?

Is this what the Dev's think is fun? Between the loading times on certain planets and having to travel 10 mins to do a 5 sec quest and then travel 10 mins back (because you used your quick travel on the last quest) they should call this game TIME WARS. Im fighting the clock more than anything here cause most of us have a real life and just want to spend a hour or two to unwind from that.

Lightning_
09.28.2012 , 01:31 AM | #74
Well, scrap a lot of people from the PvE queue now. Not everyone wants to sit around stupidly at the fleet for hours waiting for a pop. We do value our time.

Quote: Originally Posted by Urkell View Post
Is this what the Dev's think is fun? Between the loading times on certain planets and having to travel 10 mins to do a 5 sec quest and then travel 10 mins back (because you used your quick travel on the last quest) they should call this game TIME WARS. Im fighting the clock more than anything here cause most of us have a real life and just want to spend a hour or two to unwind from that.
Exactly. Casual players are the main playerbase at the moment (because most of the hardcore ones left for the lack of new content having finished everything long ago). Having them spend even more precious time for nothing is the way to go BW!

Yogol
09.28.2012 , 03:37 AM | #75
Quote: Originally Posted by anakedcowboy View Post
If you had put this in the notes, you would have seen the massive backlash coming.
Yeah, it's very, very suspecious that they didn't tell anyone about this change.

I wouldn't go as far as calling someone a liar, but a) no one ever asked for this, b) there was no communication about this and c) there are no advantages at all for this change.

Either this is a bug and instead of admitting to it, you cover it up by saying it was not a bug.
Or this is indeed an intentional change that was made without anyone asking for it, without any communication and without any reason.

I am not sure which of the two is worse.

Mainly, if it IS intentional, I do not understand at all why this is done, there is absolutely no reason whatsoever I can think off to merit this. This has no advantages that I know off, none. Is it to scare people off from PvP? IS it to scare people off from PvE? Don't you want people on queues?

Not a clue why this was done, if intentional.

Quote: Originally Posted by FourTwent View Post
It surprised me that they would even allow someone to be in two different queues. I imagine they think this probably attributed to people leaving in the middle of a warzone(im just assuming this)
Nonsense, people leave WZs because after 30 seconds you already know who will win: the people that have the best gear.
Yogol. Rebel without a cause. Often without a clue too.
Founder of The Fruitfly Guild, the one-day-beta-guild for one-day-beta-characters.

Yogol
09.28.2012 , 03:47 AM | #76
Quote: Originally Posted by Wraiven View Post
What you are most likely experiencing is the Group Finder queuing people up as a class they are not. For an example, I can not tell you how many times my DPS Merc (Even though I carefully selected him as DPS *I have video to prove this...had to make a video because people kept acting like I had no idea how to use the Group Finder Properly when I reported it as a bug) and instead of it queuing you as DPS, it would queue you as a Healer.
Same here, after 6 months, they STILL didn't fix that bug. If you select DPS on a advanced class that is DPS or healer or on an advanced class that can pick between DPS and tank, the GF randomly changes your role (unless you are the group leader or a healer/tank groups with you).

This is bugged for months.

But, apperently, having a party Jawa is more important to the game than this: bugs that don't affect their precious favored hardcore guilds aren't important to them, I suppose.
Yogol. Rebel without a cause. Often without a clue too.
Founder of The Fruitfly Guild, the one-day-beta-guild for one-day-beta-characters.

LarryRow
09.28.2012 , 06:33 AM | #77
This was a bad change, for reasons already stated. So people were leaving warzones to go do FPs. Big deal. Warzones happen every 15 minutes. Players can backfill.

Now we have a situation where people are forced to twiddle their thumbs waiting for the LFG instead of enjoying the game.

I say put it back.

If you don't want to put it back (even though you should), make it like the Rated Warzone queue. Let people queue for both, and hold the queue until everyone is out of warzone. Simple.
A classic sig that should not be lost:
Quote:
Stunned , pew pew hack slash , stunned , running backward circles, stunned cannot move, pew pew, break stun, 30 second snare, wha?!?!!? stunned, knockdown, ...less stun more pew pew and hacknslash please.

xstortion
09.28.2012 , 07:51 AM | #78
I agree with Wraiven 100% and it shocks me that there aren't more people that do.

Leaving warzone for rage quitting is the same thing as leaving for a GF pop so y bother removing it at all? Doesn't make any sense to me. My solution for my 50 was queue GF and didn't even bother PVP'ing at all in protest.

This post below make a nice point though about a possible change that would benefit both parties but it isn't a complete solution.

Quote: Originally Posted by LordRahlik View Post
Well, I can cheer cause I think the Group Finder sucks anyway and I really really don't want it in any game. It was a disaster when it was implemented in WoW and it has not been any better here.

BUT - moving on, what is the problem of doing this:

Queue for both.
PvP pops - do the PvP match.
Queue for both.
PvP pops - dot he PvP match.
Queue for both.
Perhaps a flashpoint pops?

Is that a huge problem?

Edit, addition:
After thinking about it, an even better way would be that you cannot get invited to a group of PvP while doing FP or invited to a FP while doing PvP, but you remain on the top of FP list if one should have popped for you while you were doing a WZ.

What I mean is that you keep your queued time but the pop can only happen between FP/PvP for the other.

anakedcowboy
09.28.2012 , 08:29 AM | #79
Quote: Originally Posted by xstortion View Post
I agree with Wraiven 100% and it shocks me that there aren't more people that do.

Leaving warzone for rage quitting is the same thing as leaving for a GF pop so y bother removing it at all? Doesn't make any sense to me. My solution for my 50 was queue GF and didn't even bother PVP'ing at all in protest.

This post below make a nice point though about a possible change that would benefit both parties but it isn't a complete solution.
What you quoted doesn't work because each time you queue for both, you are putting yourself at the bottom of two lists, one of which moves MUCH faster than the other. As a DPS queuing for both every time would result in you literally never getting a FP pop (at least on JC).

uniz
09.28.2012 , 12:54 PM | #80
Quote: Originally Posted by NoFishing View Post
Not sure if this was meant sarcastically...but I hope so.

I pretty much never PvP, since I don't really enjoy it. But almost everybody I know in game agrees that PvPing makes players BETTER in PvE (although you PvPers love your knockbacks a bit too much!) And except for LI, those HM FPs and SM ops available in the LFG can be completed easily by people wearing level 49 blues so PvP gear would be fine.

Besides, most PvP players keep their PvE gear on hand so they can change into it immediately.
you are so wrong about pvp making better pvers that i just had to respond.

the opposite is true as pvp attracts the unguided solo minded players in these games that go off and do what ever they want. when ever you have a mini game like pvp whose reward system benefits those that go off and do their own thing then getting rewarded on LOSING you can NOT make better players in a system whose reward system is based on team work and WINNING. better players are better players and one doesnt make the other. pvp is nothing more than a means for terrible players to get end game gear through dying over and over. this is why it is so popular and why pvpers make so many threads about imbalance issues and the such. it is never them that is at fault but the game. pvp as it is currently being implemented in wow clone mmos is contributing absolutely nothing constructive to the mmo genre. it is doing just the opposite and being rather destructive.

i was rather surprised this game allowed keeping your queue while in a war zone as other mmos would kick you from it like this game is now changing to. if it was done at the beginning there wouldn't be a thread about this nonsense.