Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Game Update 1.4: Terror From Beyond is Live!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Game Update 1.4: Terror From Beyond is Live!
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Krizzle
09.27.2012 , 08:51 AM | #51
Still playing GW2 until the F2P option then I may play again. Shame was expecting a lot more for this update.
Imperial Biker Scout Trooper 501st
SWG Shadowfire Vet
Prophecy of the Five
CE VIP since Day 1 Early Access

HybridCode
09.27.2012 , 09:03 AM | #52
Curious, does BW only respond to post in the general discussions? I have been posting bout Commandos under class discussions for awhile now so I'll give it a chance here. 1.4 changes were not enough for the Commando. I have a 50 Vanguard in battlemaster that outdamages my Commando in full War Hero completely aug'd. (Both are assault spec'd) The big difference between the two that I have noticed is that my Vanguard procs HIB far more often than my Commando. Why is this? The reason lies with charged bolts. A Vanguard has both Ion pulse and stockstrike to proc HIB. Both of these are instant. Whereas the Commando has a channeled (full-auto) and charged bolts which has a 2 second cast time. Charged bolts usually gets interrupted for one and for two IT TAKES 2 SECONDS. The worst part about it is more than half the time it doesn't even proc HIB after waiting those 2 seconds. I think Commandos need an instant ability as a secondary to proc HIB to balance the class. Please BW, hear us Commandos out. Or if you don't believe the players, have a tester tell you the same thing because I have been playing this class for awhile and I'm telling you this needs to happen.

Devera
09.27.2012 , 11:33 AM | #53
Wait wait wait... I'm confused

Where are the Cathars?

PS - REPLY TO THE WALL OF TEXT ABOVE ME

Quote:
Curious, does BW only respond to post in the general discussions? I have been posting bout Commandos under class discussions for awhile now so I'll give it a chance here. 1.4 changes were not enough for the Commando. I have a 50 Vanguard in battlemaster that outdamages my Commando in full War Hero completely aug'd. (Both are assault spec'd) The big difference between the two that I have noticed is that my Vanguard procs HIB far more often than my Commando. Why is this? The reason lies with charged bolts. A Vanguard has both Ion pulse and stockstrike to proc HIB. Both of these are instant. Whereas the Commando has a channeled (full-auto) and charged bolts which has a 2 second cast time. Charged bolts usually gets interrupted for one and for two IT TAKES 2 SECONDS. The worst part about it is more than half the time it doesn't even proc HIB after waiting those 2 seconds. I think Commandos need an instant ability as a secondary to proc HIB to balance the class. Please BW, hear us Commandos out. Or if you don't believe the players, have a tester tell you the same thing because I have been playing this class for awhile and I'm telling you this needs to happen.
Think you forgot that commandos can fight at 30m range. Where Vanguards have to fight 10m

LoudPak
09.27.2012 , 11:41 AM | #54
Quote: Originally Posted by Eislor View Post
It does work, you just have to de-select it, then select it again.
The whole game doesnt work for meee ty starwars for deleting my statements yesterday i thought they were not harsh at all but this morning it still stops at eighty three percent keep in mind this is not the only place we can post complaints and i posted multiple time and still no response i love this game bio ware no complaint but unless this is fixed soon youll have a customer whos unsatisfied.......... if that mean ne thing to you....

Blightspawn
09.27.2012 , 02:24 PM | #55
I don't know why, but for some reason, I thought the Cathar thing and HK-51 were coming with the 1.4 update. :P
Chaotic Benevolence

Blightspawn
09.27.2012 , 02:27 PM | #56
Quote: Originally Posted by LoudPak View Post
The whole game doesnt work for meee ty starwars for deleting my statements yesterday i thought they were not harsh at all but this morning it still stops at eighty three percent keep in mind this is not the only place we can post complaints and i posted multiple time and still no response i love this game bio ware no complaint but unless this is fixed soon youll have a customer whos unsatisfied.......... if that mean ne thing to you....
I don't think Bioware or the SWTOR community would lose much sleep over you being unsatisfied and leaving. I know for a fact that the only impact this post has made on me is making me want to mourn the loss of grammar in English language.
Chaotic Benevolence

LoudPak
09.27.2012 , 03:17 PM | #57
Quote: Originally Posted by Blightspawn View Post
I don't think Bioware or the SWTOR community would lose much sleep over you being unsatisfied and leaving. I know for a fact that the only impact this post has made on me is making me want to mourn the loss of grammar in English language.
well that your opinion and as for my english nd grammar o welll

LoudPak
09.27.2012 , 03:22 PM | #58
Quote: Originally Posted by LoudPak View Post
well that your opinion and as for my english nd grammar o welll
Im assuming your some leader in the game correct I didn't know you speak for the whole community hmm f this place what an fn waste of my money.... have your two months star wars blah.. cant play

QuiDonJorn
09.27.2012 , 04:23 PM | #59
Quote:
dramatic loss of FPS compared to yesterday
This^^
It's even terrible on your ship. Which is usually the smoothest place in the whole game.

Also, I've said this before, but it bears repeating. Force Wave and Overload look awful, and changing them probably hasn't helped anyone, even the PvP'ers.
Bioware please put those two abilities back the way the were and let's just not touch them again no matter how many people complain about getting knocked off of something in PvP gameplay. They just need to deal with it.

And I agree also with whoever it was that said the stun range is too short. But only by a little. Maybe a couple meters more.

martinvalentini
09.27.2012 , 10:03 PM | #60
Since I have the new patch the game has lowered my graphic performance, i really donīt know much about this but before i download the patch it was faster, the game is not working as before! byee!