Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Kun vs Vader vs Bane vs Revan.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
Kun vs Vader vs Bane vs Revan.

Aurbere
09.27.2012 , 09:31 PM | #131
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthAeonis View Post
ive never claimed revan to be light side. in fact ive been sayin the opposite the whole time but u did bring up a valid point about him wielding both sides and claiming to be both. ive been sayin that since post 1. revan to me is unaligned and does was he sees best for the galaxy as anyone with power does. hence my previous post. revan is revan.
I can respect that. But because he caused wars (Jedi Civil War) and intended on Genocide of the Sith Empire makes it wrong. The problem with loose cannons (which may be cool in the movies) is that they do what they want and don't care about consequences.
Added Chapter 29 to The Shadows Fall
"My ultimate goal is the secret of life-that life that gives us consciousness, for without consciousness each of us is nothing. Through science, i will create new life and sustain my own. There is no reason Darth Plagueis could not live forever."

DarthAeonis
09.27.2012 , 09:32 PM | #132
revan's story obviously hasnt ended yet due to his second disappearance so he can explain himself then. i doubt he would target the innocents. but its just speculation at this point.
"Evil is an illusion, there is only victory."

Liquidacid
09.27.2012 , 09:34 PM | #133
Quote: Originally Posted by Aurbere View Post
A good reason. There is no good reason for Genocide. I wouldn't wish it on anyone. No civilization deserves that, no matter how evil. Because there are innocent civilians among the evil wrong-doers.
I could condone it depending on the situation... acceptable losses and all... I'm not evil just realistic... but then again I don't live in a fictional universe like SW where everything can be black or white and where morality is an absolute nor do I wield the force... lol
"bibo ergo sum" ( I drink, therefore I am)

Teamwork is essential; it gives the enemy other people to shoot at.

Aurbere
09.27.2012 , 09:35 PM | #134
CAN IS THE KEY WORD. NOTHING IS ABSOLUTE. U BEING A "FAN" SHOULD BE AWARE OF THAT. sheesh. and my "lies" ok whatever dont care about that anymore.
Can implies a good possibility when everything points to him not being able to lift a finger to certain Jedi and Sith.

I respect Revan as a character as well as how powerful he is. But canon states that Revan doesn't really have a good chance at beating Vader or Kun. Not trying to be hateful. I'm only following what is canon.

No need for caps, friend.
"My ultimate goal is the secret of life-that life that gives us consciousness, for without consciousness each of us is nothing. Through science, i will create new life and sustain my own. There is no reason Darth Plagueis could not live forever."

DarthAeonis
09.27.2012 , 09:35 PM | #135
I can respect that. But because he caused wars (Jedi Civil War) and intended on Genocide of the Sith Empire makes it wrong. The problem with loose cannons (which may be cool in the movies) is that they do what they want and don't care about consequences.
granted revan has gone thru alot i wouldnt call him a loose cannon yet. its just not characteristic of him but then again who knows wat goes on in his mind.

Aurbere
09.27.2012 , 09:37 PM | #136
revan's story obviously hasnt ended yet due to his second disappearance so he can explain himself then. i doubt he would target the innocents. but its just speculation at this point.
I have a theory on what happened to Revan. Upon death, Force users usually explode in a flash of light. I believe this happened to Revan. In SWTOR beta, players could loot Revan. Then they complained that they didn't like that you could loot him. So I think they changed it so players wouldn't loot him. I'm betting Revan will appear as a Force ghost if my theory holds up.

Liquidacid
09.27.2012 , 09:37 PM | #137
granted revan has gone thru alot i wouldnt call him a loose cannon yet. its just not characteristic of him but then again who knows wat goes on in his mind.
Revan is the very definition of a loose canon or wild card... you never know what he might do next and he flip flops between light and dark as often as he should be changing his draws

I have a theory on what happened to Revan. Upon death, Force users usually explode in a flash of light. I believe this happened to Revan. In SWTOR beta, players could loot Revan. Then they complained that they didn't like that you could loot him. So I think they changed it so players wouldn't loot him. I'm betting Revan will appear as a Force ghost if my theory holds up.
well he actually still has a small chunk of his health bar when he disapears so I doubt it's him dying and returning to the force... other than the fans complaining I'm sure they did it the way they did so that they leave the option open to bring him back at some point if they so choose
"bibo ergo sum" ( I drink, therefore I am)

Teamwork is essential; it gives the enemy other people to shoot at.

Aurbere
09.27.2012 , 09:38 PM | #138
Quote: Originally Posted by Liquidacid View Post
I could condone it depending on the situation... acceptable losses and all... I'm not evil just realistic... but then again I don't live in a fictional universe like SW where everything can be black or white and where morality is an absolute nor do I wield the force... lol
Well there are civilizations that would "deserve" such a thing. But I don't condone it. If there was no other choice, then maybe.

DarthAeonis
09.27.2012 , 09:39 PM | #139
Can implies a good possibility when everything points to him not being able to lift a finger to certain Jedi and Sith.

I respect Revan as a character as well as how powerful he is. But canon states that Revan doesn't really have a good chance at beating Vader or Kun. Not trying to be hateful. I'm only following what is canon.

No need for caps, friend.
im an optismist. i believe in all possibilities. sidious killed his mentor out of cowardice. could he beat him one on one? he must not have thought so. and a bein his calibur died from bein thrown over a railing by a dying man. wow ok uh force levitate? im just sayin revan is smart and could formulate a plan that could win. 1% chance is still more than 0

Aurbere
09.27.2012 , 09:40 PM | #140
Having spent 300 years in the Emperors mind probably drove him insane. Hence the Genocide.