Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Please indicate schematics as "known/learned"

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
Please indicate schematics as "known/learned"
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

FragRockKnuckles
09.26.2012 , 05:57 AM | #1
Please for the love of god (and SWToR of course) can you fix the issue with putting some form of indication on a schematic that you may be viewing in your bag, GTN, vendor, etc., to say 'known' or something similar when you have learned a schematic.

The biggest frustration is when using the GTN since you cannot view both the crew skills window and the GTN window at the same time so you end up having to take several screenshots of your entire list of learned schematics then use that as a reference to the schematics on the GTN. Even when plans drop off bosses you can't immediately tell if you have already learned the schematic which potentially leads to players needing when they could pass for another player to use.

Maybe at my age I am having trouble remembering all the known schematics for all my characters and this would be very helpful for people like me not to mention save time and credits on buying schematics that I already know.

May the Force be with you!

-=[FRAGGLEROCK GAMING COMMUNITY- A FUN AND FRIENDLY STAR WARS FAMILY]=-
I'm BACKWARDS. You flea-bitten furball!
SUBMIT YOUR APPLICATION
| WEBSITE

Sabredance
09.26.2012 , 06:04 AM | #2
I fully support this change.

Consider copying your post over to here -> http://www.swtor.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=349

for better chances that BW might reckognize it.

AntarNyaus
09.26.2012 , 06:58 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by FragRockKnuckles View Post
Please for the love of god (and SWToR of course) can you fix the issue with putting some form of indication on a schematic that you may be viewing in your bag, GTN, vendor, etc., to say 'known' or something similar when you have learned a schematic.
Agreed. I have a nice big monitor so I can have everything open and side-by-side but since you can't sort recipes by name I frequently mistakenly buy recipes I already know.
Antar "Tonar" Nyaus, Gunslinger, The Ebon Hawk Nyaus Legacy
Republic: Antaakot, Sage; Antaaro, Guard; Antaade, Troop; Antrajhin, Scoundrel
Empire: Arnot, Mara; Antaanih, Sorc; Antaail, Snipe; Antaahin, Merc; Antvalt, Jugg
░▒ The Army of Light (R) ░▒ Unhinged (I) ▒░

FragRockKnuckles
09.26.2012 , 10:26 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Sabredance View Post
I fully support this change.

Consider copying your post over to here -> http://www.swtor.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=349

for better chances that BW might reckognize it.
Done as suggested. Thanks you guys for your support.
http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=536732

-=[FRAGGLEROCK GAMING COMMUNITY- A FUN AND FRIENDLY STAR WARS FAMILY]=-
I'm BACKWARDS. You flea-bitten furball!
SUBMIT YOUR APPLICATION
| WEBSITE

EricJS
09.26.2012 , 10:53 AM | #5
There's a new bug (as of 1.4) that makes this even more important. If you right-click on a recipe you do know, you get the cast bar for learning it, it goes away, and then you get the "You already know that schematic" message.

moonshoter
09.26.2012 , 11:05 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by EricJS View Post
There's a new bug (as of 1.4) that makes this even more important. If you right-click on a recipe you do know, you get the cast bar for learning it, it goes away, and then you get the "You already know that schematic" message.
ITs not a New BUg its very old bug they fixxed a very long time ago that they broke . I can comfrim the bug is back . >>>> http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=110340

Theodulus
09.26.2012 , 03:00 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by moonshoter View Post
ITs not a New BUg its very old bug they fixxed a very long time ago that they broke . I can comfrim the bug is back . >>>> http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=110340
This combined with purple missions being consumed when it's already active means that 1.4 has origins from a patch long before 1.3 and that possibly several old bugs that has been fixed 1.3+ now aren't. I wonder what other annoying bugs have resurfaced.

SFDebris
09.26.2012 , 03:05 PM | #8
I'm normally not a QQ'er, but so far today with this eating a schem, the aforementioned purple mission thing, and various other issues and "fixes" I'm overall less happy after the patch than before it, that's never happened before.

EricJS
09.26.2012 , 05:35 PM | #9
Agreed, new was the wrong word, it's back as of 1.4.

EJedi
09.27.2012 , 05:14 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by EricJS View Post
Agreed, new was the wrong word, it's back as of 1.4.
I've thought they had a serious problem with version control since back in beta.

We would be testing one patch, where the devs would tell us that the actual game patch was "several iterations further" in development. We were just being guinea pigs for whatever random crap they wanted to try out at the moment.

We were, supposedly, never testing the actual latest release of the game. Then again, I don't even think they knew what that really meant. Bugs would go away in one build then reappear in another.

Version Control is very important.
If you pick up a novel, and see pages 2-899 only as obstacles between pages 1 and 900, then it may just be that you don't like reading.