Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Give my force stun back

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Give my force stun back

KarterJK
09.27.2012 , 07:26 AM | #1
Did you ever hear a Sage say "ooooo, I have to much distance on my Force Stun, please mr. programmer reduce the it?[B] NOT
[/B]

So, who was complaining? Could it be some Imperial PvPer, whiners that they are, that was complaining of being stunned for a whole 6 secs?

I play a healer sage, one of my moves a Force Stun, had its distance reduced not by 1/2 but by 2/3's. I spent extra tree points just so the cool down would be less. It is the only tool, I have if I am being pummeled in a OPs, to briefly halt the onslaught, so I can re-coop. It used to be 30m now it's 10m, it renders it almost useless. Why, even have it?

WHY MUST I BE PENALIZED because some PvPer whined that they think it is to unfair?

To hell with them and give my Force Stun back. Why should I even have to spend 2 points to reduce its cool down to begin with?

Haggardbr
09.27.2012 , 07:29 AM | #2
Check the thread in my signature... but we're discussing these range nerfs regarding other classes too!
Sarah'kerrígan Jhom Kérrigan Jhota
Suarel

Atramar
09.27.2012 , 07:29 AM | #3
Damn, republic is whiny today..
hey, operative/smuggler healer stun is 4 meters. could be worse
(and wasn't it 4 sec not 6?)
Tracer Legacy, The Red Eclipse.
Not reading colored text, it hurts my eyes. Sorry (unless it's a dev post)
L55:Sniper,Operative,Juggernaut,Assassin,Marauder, Powertech,Guardian,Commando,Scoundrel
to finish:Shadow(41),Sage(53),Merc(39). 29.07.2013

DeltoorThree
09.27.2012 , 07:33 AM | #4
Bioware thought consulars/troopers having 30m instant stun weren't fair, so they reduced it to 10m and removed the force/ammo cost. You really shouldn't accuse players for whining just like that, I've never actually heard anyone complain about the range of stuns, and as commando healer I got no problems with the range reduction

astronal
09.27.2012 , 02:55 PM | #5
its ********.. and a scoundrel scarpper is melee so dont compare please.

From playing yesterday this is a HUGE nerf, and I have no protection from gunslingers now.. im getting popped hard because i lift they break, then i have nothing because in balance tey are ranged so my roots dont allow me kiting and at 35 metres ranged they have me dead before i can get out of range.

It is a MASSIVE nerf, no two ways about it., and to a class strugglign to survive it was necessary for us to have as protection.

If they wanted to not makign it OP with other new skills the stun should be speccable to 30 metres in the balance tree, to even out the fact balance has very little survival skills compared with telekinetics stun bubbles, root knockback etc.

Atramar
09.28.2012 , 03:02 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by astronal View Post
its ********.. and a scoundrel scarpper is melee so dont compare please.
Was talking about Sniper and Gunslinger tbh.
Assasin/Shadow is mele, and is stun was 30m is 10m.
So? Your point?
Tracer Legacy, The Red Eclipse.
Not reading colored text, it hurts my eyes. Sorry (unless it's a dev post)
L55:Sniper,Operative,Juggernaut,Assassin,Marauder, Powertech,Guardian,Commando,Scoundrel
to finish:Shadow(41),Sage(53),Merc(39). 29.07.2013

Sitherall
09.28.2012 , 12:46 PM | #7
I think the dev team did more than enough to compensate for the reduction in force stun range by making force speed a root breaking/ CC immune ability. It is a little OP now IMO, so I don't complain at all.

I really have not noticed the range of Force Stun being an issue;

pyradius
09.28.2012 , 08:53 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Sitherall View Post
I think the dev team did more than enough to compensate for the reduction in force stun range by making force speed a root breaking/ CC immune ability. It is a little OP now IMO, so I don't complain at all.

I really have not noticed the range of Force Stun being an issue;
I notice it all the time, and just tonight I noticed it in PvE as well, basically where I wanted to stun an npc that was dealing damage and the tank was taking a fair amount of damage. So had to run 20m just to stun the npc all the while I'm supposed to be keeping the tank alive and falling a bit behind.

It is unfortunate when what is likely a 'pvp' nerf ends up hurting PvE.

ArcadianDr
09.29.2012 , 06:32 AM | #9
Accusing others of whining about abilities, with an other whiny thread = epiic fail

Jezaspell
09.29.2012 , 09:23 AM | #10
As a RANGED sage healer in PVE, having our stun reduced to 10m makes it virtually useless. Our lift has a long cast time so force stun was our only ability to control incoming damage on initial pulls to stay alive in ECHM trash clears. While I understand the need to reduce it for PVP, why mess up PVE healers ability to do their job? I am very dissapointed in this change. Perhaps Bioware needs to have a different skill tree for pve and pvp - trying to balance both in one tree is faililng miserably and destroying the pve experience.