Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Voidstar last room change

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Voidstar last room change
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Aerilas
09.27.2012 , 01:57 PM | #1
For those who have gotten to the last big room in Voidstar in these last 2 days.
What was your reaction to seeing the switches being moved?

I didn't see ANYTHING about this in the patch notes. Did you?
Shouldn't they let us know when they're tampering with gameplay in warzones?

UberDuberSoldat
09.27.2012 , 02:00 PM | #2
Does the movement of the switches affect the attacking team's ability to win after the last door is blown?

Does the movement of the switches affect the defending team's expectations of defense?

If the answer to both is "No", well then w/e big deal. If the answer to both is "Yes", well then w/'e big deal You play both sides hun, so it's not like it changes balance.

UGLYMRJ
09.27.2012 , 02:00 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Aerilas View Post
For those who have gotten to the last big room in Voidstar in these last 2 days.
What was your reaction to seeing the switches being moved?

I didn't see ANYTHING about this in the patch notes. Did you?
Shouldn't they let us know when they're tampering with gameplay in warzones?
I didn't get in a VS last night... what was changed?

cycao
09.27.2012 , 02:04 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by UGLYMRJ View Post
I didn't get in a VS last night... what was changed?
Actually I do not think I got in one either.

MelliMelon
09.27.2012 , 02:05 PM | #5
They moved the switches so you can't AoE to interrupt (through the forcefields). This was in the patch notes.

Quote:
The force field consoles in the third room have been moved further away from the force fields themselves, in order to prevent area of effect abilities coming through the force field and interrupting the attackers.

UGLYMRJ
09.27.2012 , 02:09 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by MelliMelon View Post
They moved the switches so you can't AoE to interrupt (through the forcefields). This was in the patch notes.
Oh.... so good change. I hadn't had it happen to me but I've heard plenty about it to know it was broken and people were taking advantage of it.

heechJunzi
09.27.2012 , 02:12 PM | #7
Caught me by surprise when it happened... I rushed in there, and said.. ***? Where's the switch?

But yea. Good change.
Junzi - EWH Sentinel Buxi - EWH Commando Jünzi - EWH Operative
----------- The Harbinger -----------

Technohic
09.27.2012 , 02:14 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by MelliMelon View Post
OH. I was wondering what changed. I got in one last night for the only PvP of teh night for me, and my team actually didn't have to go that far.

AllisonBerryman
09.27.2012 , 02:29 PM | #9 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
We previously had a patch note that did not fully capture this change. We've updated the notes so that they now contain:

Quote:
The force field consoles in the third room have been moved further away from the force fields themselves, in order to prevent area of effect abilities coming through the force field and interrupting the attackers.
Thanks for your posts about this, and we hope the new note prevents further confusion!

CharterMonkKent
09.27.2012 , 02:43 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by UGLYMRJ View Post
Oh.... so good change. I hadn't had it happen to me but I've heard plenty about it to know it was broken and people were taking advantage of it.
I saw plenty of people trying to do it last night. it was fun watching 5 people spam their AOEs. Like the 4th of July
Wnk & Zlk & Knk & Xlk & Znk & Ynk & Tnk & Qnk & Chart
<Nothing Personal>
+ =