Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

What's your biggest SW:TOR fail?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
What's your biggest SW:TOR fail?

OmenQ
09.27.2012 , 11:11 AM | #71
Quote: Originally Posted by beattlebilly View Post
Summoning the Nightmare Pilgrim on Voss because I thought it was a lore object

Running around on Alderaan lvl'ing up my Powertech(after I had been running around the planet the day before on my lvl 50 WH Merc because I wanted to get some commendations to buy something), see a lvl 50 Pub beating on a lowbie, and I jumped in the fight and was thinking "How is he resisting my shots?" then he stomps me LOL
Name a world boss that's summoned by a clicky, and I've clicked it thinking it was a lore object.
Trapjaw, NP, that one on Empire Taris... Done them all. I click everything.
Squadron 157

<Your Companion> / <Unhinged>

ProxyKalevra
09.27.2012 , 11:18 AM | #72
Quote: Originally Posted by OmenQ View Post
Name a world boss that's summoned by a clicky, and I've clicked it thinking it was a lore object.
Trapjaw, NP, that one on Empire Taris... Done them all. I click everything.
the only *** noob moment i have had tbh was i did click the taris because it was clicky and i was curious back in like beta... but i have played so many mmo's as soon as i saw what happened i outran the boss and lived with like 10% hp..... probably would have been quicker to just die but i hate to die to pve stuff.... a lot... makes me feel like a failure...

tho there have been a few re spawn bugs that got me while leveling unless i am playing a paper tiger class like a sith sorc i rarely if ever die

i think my latest char is gona die a lot more before hitting 50 tho because i have started to actually explore things i know have no purpose... somewhat rare of me to decide to do that so late in my game play...

iamthehoyden
09.27.2012 , 11:38 AM | #73
wwa78979a%%8@#$@22429987a8w7af7fe8979
Why am I dead?!?!?
<looks at chat>
/facepalm
aren't you a little short for a stormtrooper?
---------------
Fan Fiction: My Name is Solomon Crae The Man in the Box

AlienEyeTX
09.27.2012 , 11:48 AM | #74
Epic Fail... Didn't really read anything before playing and just jumped in. I didn't know about the option to repair armor (until probably near lvl 10), so wasted lots of creds buying new armor while suffering the long string of noob deaths. *sigh*
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
thank AlienEyeTX for being ridiculously good at this game:

-eric

WhillB
09.27.2012 , 11:57 AM | #75
Just 2 seconds ago. Have lvl 49, 34, 20 and 18 toons and just found out you can have a companion craft a string of items. Instead of clicking craft every minute. lol. To be fair, I only just started paying more attention to crafting ;p

NightBlizzard
09.27.2012 , 11:58 AM | #76
I would consider mine a mini-fail but its my most recent and the only one I can remember clearly.

I use Andronikos on my Sith Sorcerer (totally has nothing to do with the fact that he's the female romance but anyway )

Before I went to Taris I geared him up to get ready so that way we wouldn't have trouble with large mobs. So afterwards when I had just finished up Taris and I was wondering why I was struggling - like Andro kept dying over and over again on mobs that we had been fine with before. I figure maybe his gear is lacking again so I have some extra Taris commendations - which sells weapons, belts and pants. I look over at the pistols and I facepalm.

He had been using AIM pistols this entire time. I felt like a such a nitwit
"A large stack of credits does wonders for my affection level"

GnatB
09.27.2012 , 12:45 PM | #77
Esselles, shield area (ramp up to center area with console, ramp down on far side, long fall all around)

I was "tank". Finished the one boss there, ran up to click on console, waiting for others to do same. Saw their health had started dropping, and realized they had all skipped the console to run on towards the bonus boss.

So, ran around console and made a beeline towards them... only to run off the edge as I hadn't gone quite all the way around, and missed the ramp down.

Biggest win:
In situation above, having presence of mind to target the closest mob and mash force leap... which was successful. Totally an "I meant to do that" moment.

PlagaNerezza
09.27.2012 , 12:48 PM | #78
Quote: Originally Posted by DahrenJex View Post
These are always amusing so here we go! OK, the first two are mine but the last one isn't. It's still funny, though.

1.) Not realizing what those little triangles over NPC's heads were until after getting so far into my class storyline that the quest level was twice my own. ("Why is this game so hard?!?! Oh...wait...")

Spoiler

3.) My healing ability was severely tested during early release on Tatooine for the Heroic +4 quest where you need to rescue hostages. The quest is around level 24, I was level 26 (the lowest level of the group) and the tank was level 30. I can't remember what the DPS levels were. We'd get in, the tank would pull, I'd let him take and deal some damage to make sure he had aggro, then throw every heal I had at him...except that I would aggro the entire mob of about nine elites immediately after that first heal. I'd die, we'd wipe, and then try a different tactic. Every time, same result. At least a dozen wipes. No matter how much damage the tank did, I'd pull the entire mob off of him after one heal and the group could not pull them off of me. So we go back to Anchorhead and ask for advice in general chat. Here's how the conversation went:

[Tank; General Chat]: Any tips?
[Random player #1, General Chat]: How's your healer?
[Random player #2, General Chat]: What CC are you doing?
[DPS1, GROUP chat]: What's CC?
[DPS2, GROUP chat]: I dunno...lemme ask

/facepalm
During beta testing I bugged the quest rewards. I got a case of credits. Opened the case and didn't get an item. I was like hey "where's my gear!'

Level 2 quest reward bugged.

Shortly afterwards I felt like a complete dope.

The best is your beta tickets still show up. So I get to be reminded of how dumb I am.

My favorite bug. "Mini-Satel" So I do the jedi council thing. The story comes up and Satel is 1 inch tall in the chair talking to my character. Then the chair looks empty.

I thought that was funny. Jedi Master Satel is 5 inches tall. Her lightsaber is a toothpick.
"At last we will have our revenge" -Darth Maul
▄▄▄▄▄▄▼▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

beattlebilly
09.27.2012 , 01:20 PM | #79
Bored, running around in circles and jumping on Imp Fleet, I get close to the guard rail and think "Hey, can I jump over that?" and proceed to fall to my death LOL

Not a "fail", but more of an "I may be too old for this *beep*":
In a warzone, a fellow guildy I'm grouped with says in vent "Hey, that op named herself Kelly Kapowski" and we both have a good laugh at it saying we loved that show as kids/teens. The other guildy with us in vent says "Is it bad that I don't know who that is?'. Veeeery long pause, and I ask "Depends, how old are you?", he says he's 21
The BastionThe Dynamite LegacySix Sith Bag

Boy, it sure would be nice if we had some grenades, don't you think?

GnatB
09.27.2012 , 01:36 PM | #80
Quote: Originally Posted by beattlebilly View Post
Bored, running around in circles and jumping on Imp Fleet, I get close to the guard rail and think "Hey, can I jump over that?" and proceed to fall to my death LOL
Heh, that reminds me of a world safety "fail".

Republic fleet, by GTN. While running along on speeder, going through crafting/mission stuff sending companions out, figure I'm safe because railing will stop you from falling over...

Well, apparently there's a light post or something at the corner of the railing, (don't remember exactly what it is at the moment) where if you hit it at just the right angle, it'll boost you up into the air just enough that you can then sail right over the railing...