Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

New Voidstar bug/feature?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
New Voidstar bug/feature?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

jamescloutier
09.27.2012 , 12:44 PM | #11
Not a bug. It's working correctly.

Team 1 starts with a full clock (I think it's 8 minutes but could be off). You reach the bridge with 1:30 left. When team 2 starts they should of started with only 6:30 on the clock so all they have to do is get as far before the clock ends. Now it's completely possible that there is a bug and team 2 is not getting a shortened clock. I haven't PvP'd since 1.4 so bugs are possible but since the last PvP changes months ago it always has been as long as team 2 go to the same point before their clock ran out, they won.

Solarenergy
09.27.2012 , 12:45 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Neoforcer View Post
You won because you open the first and second door before then did since by 1:20 they were not farther then you it went to based off the times it took both team to get to the same spot. so you were faster you won
I thought the time was adjusted based on the first attacking team's progress though.

anwg
09.27.2012 , 12:54 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by jamescloutier View Post

Team 1 starts with a full clock (I think it's 8 minutes but could be off). You reach the bridge with 1:30 left. When team 2 starts they should of started with only 6:30 on the clock so all they have to do is get as far before the clock ends. Now it's completely possible that there is a bug and team 2 is not getting a shortened clock. I haven't PvP'd since 1.4 so bugs are possible but since the last PvP changes months ago it always has been as long as team 2 go to the same point before their clock ran out, they won.
No, they didn't win, we won as 2nd defender, with over a minute left on the clock.

jamescloutier
09.27.2012 , 01:00 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by anwg View Post
No, they didn't win, we won as 2nd defender, with over a minute left on the clock.
My bad I missed the part with the 2nd defender winning with time left. Now that would be a bug. Not surprised since there are always unintended side effects to the patches (not that I'm happy about it just saying it seems to always happen).

heechJunzi
09.27.2012 , 01:21 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by anwg View Post
If this was the new mechanic, than EVERY match ends at the fence in that scenario. They either beat your time (and win), or auto default.

That seems possible as a design choice, to speed up pace of play...but I've played Voidstar a few times today, and havent noticed it yet.
Junzi - EWH Sentinel Buxi - EWH Commando Jünzi - EWH Operative
----------- The Harbinger -----------

TommyDe
09.27.2012 , 01:22 PM | #16

You could be on to something with this one. If the 2nd team didn't get the shortened clock, and it started at 8 min, the game would end with them loosing at 1:29 left. So even though it could look like they had 1:29 left to get further, they really lost.

It looks like we're all going to have to track the clock a little more for the foreseeable future to see if this is a bug.

LarryRow
09.28.2012 , 07:15 AM | #17

One more time, people. Round 2 only starts with a shortened clock if Round 1 attackers reach the datacore. Otherwise, Round 2 will be allowed to go the full 7:30.

This sounds like a bug where in Round 2 the attackers make it as far as round 1 attackers but more quickly, triggering the end of the match (good so far...). However, it's treated as a tie and victory is awarded to round 1 attackers, who have the most kills because they were on offense for longer (this is the bug).
A classic sig that should not be lost:
Quote:
Stunned , pew pew hack slash , stunned , running backward circles, stunned cannot move, pew pew, break stun, 30 second snare, wha?!?!!? stunned, knockdown, ...less stun more pew pew and hacknslash please.

foxmob
09.28.2012 , 09:29 AM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by LarryRow View Post
One more time, people. Round 2 only starts with a shortened clock if Round 1 attackers reach the datacore. Otherwise, Round 2 will be allowed to go the full 7:30.

This sounds like a bug where in Round 2 the attackers make it as far as round 1 attackers but more quickly, triggering the end of the match (good so far...). However, it's treated as a tie and victory is awarded to round 1 attackers, who have the most kills because they were on offense for longer (this is the bug).
possibly. i mean, that makes the most sense. my only concern would be that my rnd 1 def team screwed up royally, and the opponents made it across the bridge very fast. they were then stonewalled at the 2nd door. I thought it took us longer to get the bridge shield down. alas, I don't have numbers on rnd 1 to verify.
A legacy of meh
Krackerjäck/Krackerjak (VG/PT) | Krackerjack/Deinon (Mando/Merc) | Deìnon (Jugg) | other stuffs
Quote: Originally Posted by Jadescythe View Post
TL;DR Bolster is meant to help entry level players, ranked PvP is not entry level PvP.

AllisonBerryman
09.28.2012 , 03:30 PM | #19 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Thank you for your reports, everyone. We've confirmed that there is currently an issue that can affect Voidstar wins and award them incorrectly. We're working on this issue and will have it fixed in an upcoming patch!

DarthBloodloss
09.28.2012 , 03:36 PM | #20
The issue is that while defending 2nd, the defenders should never be able to win with time still left on the clock.

Thats like a a baseball game ending in the top of the 9th because the away team scored a run.
Bloodloss Mercenary
DESTROYER OF WORLDS || KEEPER OF SOULS