Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

New Voidstar bug/feature?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
New Voidstar bug/feature?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

anwg
09.27.2012 , 09:40 AM | #1
We planted the bomb on the first door with about 2:30 left, crossed the bridge at the 1:30 mark, held at the 2nd door.

They planted the bomb with about 2:45 left, opened the bridge with 1:20 left, and the game ended instantly, with a win for us (the team defending second)?! With over a minute left it's possible for them to get further, why did the game end right there?

Joesixxpack
09.27.2012 , 09:48 AM | #2
Saw this last night and am wondering as well. Similiar scenario except other team won.

We lost but had made much further progress as attackers, so I was wondering if it there was some new timing mechanism involved.

Joesixxpack
09.27.2012 , 10:54 AM | #3
::BUMP::

Lots of views, no replies. So were OP and I on opposing teams in the one and only match that this happened in?

PakaOno
09.27.2012 , 11:22 AM | #4
WZs as a whole seem buggy as hell with 1.4!

I'm not on my desktop so I can't post a screenshot, but my friends and I joined a new Civil war yesterday, game started we had 8 players. We get the "Not enough players Warzone shutdown sequence initiated" warning and then it ends a minute later with us losing and the 5 players Imp side all got the win.

w...t...f...?!

TommyDe
09.27.2012 , 11:55 AM | #5
I had to read the scenario a few times to understand that its not the normal time mechanics. They still could have made it further than you, but the match was cut short. That is strange.

Joesixxpack
09.27.2012 , 12:09 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by TommyDe View Post
Never mind, I had to read the scenario a few times to under stand that. They still could have made it further than you, but was cut short. That is odd.
I read your pre-edit thoughts and they made sense. I hadn't seen it go exactly like this pre-1.4, where whoever got the farthest won, not whoever got through some earlier point fastest wins.

I'm sure it makes sense with some time mechanic consideration, but as of now I don't get it. What I saw last night is that our team should have won, as the other team was behind us in progress when they were awarded the win and there was still time on the clock.

TommyDe
09.27.2012 , 12:14 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Joesixxpack View Post
I read your pre-edit thoughts and they made sense as an explanation. I hadn't seen it go exactly like this pre-1.4, where whoever got the farthest won, not whoever got through some earlier point fastest wins. Although I'm sure it makes sense with some time mechanic consideration.
Yeah, I've never seen the pre 1.4 mechanics let the match get cut short while they could still get further than team #1. I was thinking the match ended with them winning. That does seem like a bug.

Although, with them shortening Huttball maybe they are adding additional ways to cut a match short.

CharterMonkKent
09.27.2012 , 12:16 PM | #8
had something similar in voidstar. except i was on the winning team. they made it all the way to the last door but never planted. we made it to the last force field but that was it. and somehow we won
Wnk & Zlk & Knk & Xlk & Znk & Ynk & Tnk & Qnk & Chart
<Nothing Personal>
+ =

Sorin_Marcov
09.27.2012 , 12:17 PM | #9
The same thing happen to my team last night on the voidstar. We made it through the first force field with aroun 3:30 min left, but lost. Now they might have gotten there first, but we still had time to get the second door.

That was a bunch of bull to me, I was pissed off the rest of the day because of this. Its an advantage to the team that attacks first if that is what voidstar is now doing.

Neoforcer
09.27.2012 , 12:39 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by anwg View Post
We planted the bomb on the first door with about 2:30 left, crossed the bridge at the 1:30 mark, held at the 2nd door.

They planted the bomb with about 2:45 left, opened the bridge with 1:20 left, and the game ended instantly, with a win for us?! With over a minute left it's possible for them to get further, why did the game end right there?
You won because you open the first and second door before then did since by 1:20 they were not farther then you it went to based off the times it took both team to get to the same spot. so you were faster you won