Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

So, no more queuing for PvP along with PvE...

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

anakedcowboy's Avatar


anakedcowboy
09.27.2012 , 11:12 AM | #51
If you had put this in the notes, you would have seen the massive backlash coming.

This effectively makes queueing up specifically for something like lost island and "passing the time" impossible, especially as a DPS. HM flashpoint queues, even on the combined servers, can take 30 minutes to 2 hours to pop at peak times, if you're a DPS. Since you can't group while you're in the group finder queue, you can't do heroic dailies to pass the time. What a huge chunk of people did was pvp in unrated warzones.

Now that servers are full of people again, replacing someone who drops from a warzone is almost instantaneous. It's not a huge deal, especially considering you have two full minutes to accept a group finder invite, which usually means you can at least get to the halfway point or end of that warzone before accepting the groupfinder invite. On the other hand, it's bad enough that we can't group for other things while we wait for a HM FP or SM OP queue to pop, much less taking away the ability to even pvp.

My options if i am queued for a specific HM flashpoint or queued as a DPS being reduced means I will queue less, period, and as you can see in this thread - I'm not the only one.

I can't imagine this was thought through in these terms, especially considering the flack you're already getting for making so many changes to balance PVP at the expense of the PVE experience. I urge you to reconsider immediately.

bloopbleep's Avatar


bloopbleep
09.27.2012 , 11:35 AM | #52
Yeah I very much dislike this change. I always thought it was so great that I could queue for both after feeling restricted in WoW. And as another poster said, you could get into a few warzones often before your GF queue popped.

Wraiven's Avatar


Wraiven
09.27.2012 , 11:36 AM | #53
Quote: Originally Posted by kirorx View Post
I don't usually say this....but...

THIS IS A WEAK COMPLAINT
If what I am saying is a "WEAK COMPLAINT" then what in your opinion would be considered a valid "complaint"?



Quote:
So you want to que for PVE and PVP and then when the PVE pops you want to just drop out of a warzone?
That is not cool bro.
I find that to be "weak" especially because the very second somebody drops from a WZ, there is somebody who replaces them...most often than not, faster than anyone even noticed they drop. I myself do not mind when somebody drops. I only mind when they rage quit. But whatever...I guess having that one person who quit when they are instantly replaced makes all the difference, right? Let me say, if that person made all the difference, then that person was carrying your team.

Quote:
You can always do dailies while you wait, or make some friends and do stuff with them.
This is dead wrong. You can not team while in a queue...you are solo, thick and through, bud.

Quote:
I have never had an hour long que.
You must not be DPS then. Or, you are speaking of HM FP's which everyone does every day for the BH Comms. Just because it does not happen to you, does not mean it will not start happening to you. I did not used to have to wait for 2 hours either. That has changed.


Quote:
Maybe you are trying to que up during off hours or maybe your on everyones ignore list.
Do I honestly seem the type person to you who would make very many people's ignore lists? I can assure you, anybody who places me on their ignore list was has probably made it to my ignore list long before they had an opportunity to place me in theirs. I have little tolerance for stupidity.

Quote:
People that log in at 8am on a wednesday often complain about the que times and the low population.
Hmmm...interesting. I had this issue all morning, all day and all night, yesterday... you can /roll your eyes all you want to, it makes your weak points more so.

Quote:
I was amazed they allowed us to que both and even more amazed that we stayed in que for a flashpoint during warzones.
Really? That "amazed" you?

Quote:
I am not surprised they FIXED this issue.
I'll bet you won't be surprised when you finally start to realize that "fixing the issue" has only created more and undesirable issues.
Republic: Krulex (Shadow) Kn (Guardian) Krll (Sentinel) Wanatrime (Vanguard)
Imperial: Wraiven (Assassin) Krullous (Marauder) Krawl (Jugg) Xin (Jugg)
♠♠♠ The Soulstalker Legacy ♠♠♠
-FIGHT-

Monoth's Avatar


Monoth
09.27.2012 , 11:42 AM | #54
I have to agree with others, I'm tired of the FP Que Finder popping and a person rejecting it because there ahead in a WZ match and dont want to leave, forcing me to wait even longer for a replacement player... The same thing when I'm in a WZ's, it's a tight game and then all of a sudden 2-3 people leave because their FP Que Finder popped...

And the argument that they are replaced instantly in a WZ is not always true, sometimes yes but most of the time we end up with a gimped team

Plus I'm sick of people in PvP gear trying to do HM FP's.... Especially Tanks wearing PvP DPS Gear.....
F2P is like driving on a long stretch of highway with toll booths every 1/2 mile

Wraiven's Avatar


Wraiven
09.27.2012 , 11:49 AM | #55
Quote: Originally Posted by Monoth View Post
I have to agree with others, I'm tired of the FP Que Finder popping and a person rejecting it because there ahead in a WZ match and dont want to leave, forcing me to wait even longer for a replacement player... The same thing when I'm in a WZ's, it's a tight game and then all of a sudden 2-3 people leave because their FP Que Finder popped...

And the argument that they are replaced instantly is not always true, sometimes yes but most of the time we have to we end up with a gimped team

Plus I'm sick of people in PvP gear trying to do HM FP's.... Especially Tanks wearing PvP DPS Gear.....
I can understand your frustration...honestly I do. I am saying to you right now though, the result of this will make your Group Finder Experience less desirable. Mark my words.

You will *still* have people drop from queues. You will still have people quit WZ's. It will not perceptively get any better. What you will notice on the other hand will be this...queue times are now going to start taking up to three times as long.

This "fix" has only caused more problems then it was worth.
Republic: Krulex (Shadow) Kn (Guardian) Krll (Sentinel) Wanatrime (Vanguard)
Imperial: Wraiven (Assassin) Krullous (Marauder) Krawl (Jugg) Xin (Jugg)
♠♠♠ The Soulstalker Legacy ♠♠♠
-FIGHT-

Monoth's Avatar


Monoth
09.27.2012 , 11:49 AM | #56
Quote: Originally Posted by Siscoe View Post
I hate this change myself. On The Shadowhand I could get in 6 to 8 wz's before my HM queue popped. (1.5 to 2 hours) If it is a close match I won't leave, but if there is no chance of coming back, I am the only one who loses out by leaving.

There will be consequences to this change. The FP users will notice a drop in the amount people queue.

I myself refuse to sit around a wait at 50. I might as well get GW2 or go back to WoW for Mists of Pokemon.
You me we wont get matched up with PvP players wearing PvP gear who suck at PvE because they spend all their time PvP'ing?!? Sounds good to me
F2P is like driving on a long stretch of highway with toll booths every 1/2 mile

NoFishing's Avatar


NoFishing
09.27.2012 , 11:55 AM | #57
Quote: Originally Posted by Wraiven View Post
Something people do not seem to understand about MMO...what affects me, will have either a positive or a negative affect on you, since we are all ripples in the same pond.
It is amazing how few people understand this. An individual player choosing to participate in more or fewer activities in the game has a multiplicative effect. Yet a common response here is to the effect of "if you don't like it, don't play".

I disagree with this change, since I never saw insta-declines of HM FP pops as a big problem, so I don't see the point of it. The only part of LFG I find annoying is accept timeouts, where one person went afk and didn't accept the FP. And this change won't do anything to help that.

Monoth's Avatar


Monoth
09.27.2012 , 11:56 AM | #58
Quote: Originally Posted by Wraiven View Post
I can understand your frustration...honestly I do. I am saying to you right now though, the result of this will make your Group Finder Experience less desirable. Mark my words.

You will *still* have people drop from queues. You will still have people quit WZ's. It will not perceptively get any better. What you will notice on the other hand will be this...queue times are now going to start taking up to three times as long.

This "fix" has only caused more problems then it was worth.
As you've seen from my previous posts, i'm not all that crazy about grouping up with people who mainly PvP, because they always go into FP's with there PvP gear which bites for PvE'ing... This causes more wipes, longer times to complete the FP and more money for repairs...

I honestly don't mind if the FP ques take longer if it means I'm not pulling my hair out with frustration from people trying to do them without proper gear on.... Of course this is probably moot for under 50's as most pvp in their pve gear.... But for 50's it's a huge issue... I've actually had to quit HM FP's due to the wipes caused by PvP players not having the proper gear.

As for the under 50 FP's, I usually do them while I'm questing on planets so it's not a big issue if it takes 5 mins to pop or 1 hr to pop....
F2P is like driving on a long stretch of highway with toll booths every 1/2 mile

Monoth's Avatar


Monoth
09.27.2012 , 11:57 AM | #59
Quote: Originally Posted by NoFishing View Post
It is amazing how few people understand this. An individual player choosing to participate in more or fewer activities in the game has a multiplicative effect. Yet a common response here is to the effect of "if you don't like it, don't play".

I disagree with this change, since I never saw insta-declines of HM FP pops as a big problem, so I don't see the point of it. The only part of LFG I find annoying is accept timeouts, where one person went afk and didn't accept the FP. And this change won't do anything to help that.
Sometimes its not AFK's, it's someone in a WZ seeing if they can finish their match before the Que timer runs out
F2P is like driving on a long stretch of highway with toll booths every 1/2 mile

wandering_hero's Avatar


wandering_hero
09.27.2012 , 11:58 AM | #60
Honestly this "intentional change" (that was not requested) along with a host of others is getting me pretty close to the end. One of the last things I could do and enjoy with all my 50s was queuing for a HM and doing some WZs to pass the time while waiting for the pop.

People act like it is some huge loss when a a random person leaves a WZ. It's not. It happens all the time for a variety of reasons and we deal. It generally has no major effect on the match outcome and most often someone instantly takes their place and gets a match done a little faster.

What is going to be a huge loss is less people queuing for both HMs and WZs. I wish Bioware would think these things through a little better. Do they think people enjoy sitting on fleet waiting up to an hour for a pop? You can't group and go do dailies or a world boss so you are just stuck.

Please change this back and do it quickly. It wasn't a real problem before but it sure is now. Why on earth would you do something rlthat limits what people can do or accomplish?