Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

no more black hole comms in story EC?

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Lostpenguins
09.27.2012 , 09:32 AM | #31
Quote: Originally Posted by hages View Post
Not all of us have full rakata. and besides it is not about that we have to do hardmode to get gear it is about they removed it without saying.
Are you sure it's not about the gear? To be honest, I like where they're going with this.

Back in ye old days of WoW, there were people who weren't in hardcore guilds who didn't get to see end-game raids and complained that they pay the same amount so they should be entitled to see the same content even if they had no business being in those places because they weren't very good or organized. The hardcore elitists complained that it's not fair to give some casuals the same loot when they're not working hard (or as hard as the elitists to get said gear).

Well, here's the solution:

The Casuals - Get to see all end-game content now. Want better gear? Then up your play and do what the Elitists do and run hard mode operations. If it's about content, you have it. If it's about gear, then work for it.

The Elitists - Get to have their gear distinction for trying harder so they can feel like the earned something they worked harder for.

This should make both groups happy.

Burning-Beard
09.27.2012 , 09:57 AM | #32
Well I guess it's going to be that much harder to get already-geared guildmates to run SM EC or Nightmare KP to help get new guildmates geared now that there's no incentive to run those raids outside of pure altruism.

Lostpenguins
09.27.2012 , 10:01 AM | #33
Quote: Originally Posted by Burning-Beard View Post
Well I guess it's going to be that much harder to get already-geared guildmates to run SM EC or Nightmare KP to help get new guildmates geared now that there's no incentive to run those raids outside of pure altruism.
Guildies are supposed to help each other out. That's the way it works. Honestly, you could do a raid that's a mix of Mains/New People/Alts so that there's more incentive. If you have guildies who refuse to do old content to help gear out new people, then those probably aren't the right kind of guildies. So I don't count this as much of an excuse.

Plus, running SM EC and NM KP were only going to gearing my companions in BH gear. Even now, HM TFB BH Comms are only going to gear my comps still as the Hazmat Implants are trash for Marauders.

yoshua
09.27.2012 , 10:10 AM | #34
not just EC

TFB gives no BH comms in story mode. We didnt kill the last boss, but the one chest we found and all of the bosses before? no comms.

however, mini bosses dropped like 18k PER PLAYER in creds, and each group of trash mobs dropped 2-5k per player so repair costs are covered.

I think this is intentional for all story mode content. get rakata and start running the hard modes. Hard mode EC got nerfed to hell with this patch too so it will be much more accessible in pure Rakata gear now.
Yoshua Acero
Pre-Cu Bria Vet - Master Doc/Master swords

Paid 15$ at Gamestop for my CE!

Lostpenguins
09.27.2012 , 10:18 AM | #35
Quote: Originally Posted by yoshua View Post
Hard mode EC got nerfed to hell with this patch too so it will be much more accessible in pure Rakata gear now.
HM EC did? From what I read in the patch notes it only looked like SM EC got a real nerf. The only thing they changed in EM EC is that if you dps Toth and Zorn too fast is that it didn't skip a leap phase and go right into the next phase.

Oneknife
09.27.2012 , 10:38 AM | #36
WHY has there been NO clarification by BW on this matter.
They must know by know that people want to know whats up .
Are they just testing the waters to see if the can pull this off w/out a huge backlash??
So much for the newfound communication skills !!

yoshua
09.27.2012 , 10:39 AM | #37
Quote: Originally Posted by Lostpenguins View Post
HM EC did? From what I read in the patch notes it only looked like SM EC got a real nerf. The only thing they changed in EM EC is that if you dps Toth and Zorn too fast is that it didn't skip a leap phase and go right into the next phase.
My bad, read that wrong. You are correct. But either way HM EC with a group of Rakata is doable. Not fun, but doable, and most guilds in right now will have a mix of rak/bh/camp/dread gear running it.

SM EC only dropped comms and one piece of BH at the end, I am pretty sure the last bosses will still drop the bh at the end in SM from what people were saying yesterday.

I agree, there should be more ways to get the BH comms with taking this avenue away from us, but all i am saying it is still doable. and the SM content is much easier across the board
Yoshua Acero
Pre-Cu Bria Vet - Master Doc/Master swords

Paid 15$ at Gamestop for my CE!

Bleeters
09.27.2012 , 10:50 AM | #38
Considering that everybody can continue to just spam hardmode flashpoints every day for 5 black hole commendations a time, let's not pretend this is a change designed to restrict better quality gear to those who run the top tiers of ops on hardmode or similar nonsense. It does nothing of the kind. All this does is slow down the rate at which you obtain commendations. That's it.

It's a fairly transparent means of dragging out the replay time of the newer content. Nothing more.

AllisonBerryman
09.27.2012 , 10:56 AM | #39 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Everyone - thank you for your reports and questions. We're following up right now to determine if this was an intentional change, and we'll let you know (and update the patch notes if necessary)!

Caligari
09.27.2012 , 11:03 AM | #40
Quote: Originally Posted by AllisonBerryman View Post
Everyone - thank you for your reports and questions. We're following up right now to determine if this was an intentional change, and we'll let you know (and update the patch notes if necessary)!
Thank you for your feedback!