Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

BIOWARE stop messing with our PvE experience!!!!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
BIOWARE stop messing with our PvE experience!!!!

CaptainObvious
09.27.2012 , 07:17 AM | #21
Also, one more thing... I mean no disrespect to the OP, or anyone else that's posted in this thread... but...

WHY THE HELL IS THIS IN CUSTOMER SERVICE?

This section is reserved for technical issues. I CAN'T PLAY AT ALL right now because my launcher won't patch. And I have zero responses, partly because threads like this keep pushing it lower on the list.

You may not like something about the patch, but it's obvious your game works to a playable extent. Put opinions about the game where they belong, so people who are having trouble even logging on, and yet are still also paying subscriptions just like you, can get the help they need.

Shaya
09.27.2012 , 07:28 AM | #22
basically your a PvP player that want to come out as a PvE player thats what I thought when I read your two posts above me (#20).

Haggardbr
09.27.2012 , 07:31 AM | #23
I posted it here because of two reasons:

1 - I'm a PvE player that feels jeopardized by the changes in favor of PvP players. I love to do FPs and Ops and Raids with my guild mates more than going to PvP.

2 - I want the devs to see this and this is where they're checking the threads more often and so does people. But it seems like they're not paying attention.
Sarah'kerrígan Jhom Kérrigan Jhota
Suarel

Haggardbr
09.27.2012 , 08:21 AM | #24
If the forum's managers think it's better, this can be moved to General Discussion btw...
Sarah'kerrígan Jhom Kérrigan Jhota
Suarel

NRN_Hawk
09.27.2012 , 09:08 AM | #25
I play way more PVP than PVE and I think most of the class changes since 1.2 weren't needed at all. But people whining about other people whining is just lol.

Btw. quit complaining about PVP relics being something like BiS for PVE and you'd need them so hard that you HAVE to play warzones.

Best armorings were from PVE since 1.4... And if you don't want to PVP than don't get the relics, thanks. I'd HAVE to raid if I want to continue with crafting atm., but thanks to all the whining and whining gear will soon be so seperated that all I can do is continue playing the great PVP grind.

Whatever, SWTOR was balanced until 1.2 because it wasn't. Now all you can do is to adapt to the changes and live with it OR play on the PTS and make as many threads as you can which Bioware won't read.

Like I said earlier, the whining is on both sides and this thread is the perfect example of it.
Hawk's Twitch

Streaming PVP in crossdress mode - You can hate, but you too will be hawked \m/

Subbed since wave 2 early access, back when Valor still mattered on Ilum.

~ Pot5 - http://www.helguild.com ~

TUXs
09.27.2012 , 09:13 AM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Haggardbr View Post
I'm complaining because we, the PvE players have to pay because of the PvP whinners...
Stop being rude and calling people (PvPers) names. I find it insulting.
All warfare is based on deception If his forces are united, separate them If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near A leader leads by example not by force

My referral code: here (what you get here)

deucexmachina
09.27.2012 , 09:18 AM | #27
Stop making my ranged classes melee !!!
Intelligence is knowing a tomato is a fruit.
Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

Lostpenguins
09.27.2012 , 09:19 AM | #28
Sorry, but I don't feel PT and Vanguard DPS pain. Gap-closers or not your DPS is stupidly high. I play a marauder and I'm generally high on the charts, but if there's a competent PT in my raid he's going to beat me, hands down. It was annoying during phases where I can't close the cap (such as tanks in EC HM under the shield or backing out during Toth leaps or now sitting in the stupid color circle in Operator IX) where I'm stuck at melee range.

I find it lame that I have 3 trees all for DPS, but a class that can play DPS or Tank can output more DPS and still do it from ranged. So you may not be able to close the gaps, but you have a few abilities that you can do that's > melee range while you're closing the gap on the mob.

wainot-keel
09.27.2012 , 09:23 AM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by NRN_Hawk View Post
I don't know why people want to seperate PVP and PVE in MMOs lol. It will only reduce the number of people you can play your game with.
Why would reduce the number of people you can play with ?
No one's saying to complicate how groups for either PvP or PvE content are made. What me, and others, are asking is abilities that are changed for one aspect don't affect everything. If you happen to like both aspects, when you're in a wz (or PvP flagged) with your sorc Electrocute will have 10 meters range. If you happen to be in a PvE instance, then Electrocute will be 30 m. Again, how will this reduce the people you play with ? I'm already not playing with people who only PvP because I only PvE.

Vankris
09.27.2012 , 09:28 AM | #30
Vanguard and Powertech are melee class with some long and mid range capabilies, but melee class at heart.

2 range DPS ability have been reduce to 10m, but you still have plenty, notably stiky grenade, which is not as powerfull as assault plastique but share the same cooldown, high impact bolt still have 30m range.

it's not that bad.
Shadow | Kinetic Combat