Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

1.4: New font feedback

martinsith
09.27.2012 , 06:51 AM | #11
Talents are now unreadable, and items are now grainey and slightly blurred, spent hours changing resolution and graphics settings, nothing fixes it. Was 100% fine before patch 1.4
I was shocked when I found out there were less than 1m subscribers I see why now, changes like this border insanity, they should be BIGGER not smaller ffs!!!! And how many years do we have to wait for a button to disable screenshake. I knew 18 people who played this game 17 left because of the screenshaking absolutely everywhere you go and you cant turn it off, laughable.

LordRahlik
09.27.2012 , 06:55 AM | #12
Perhaps the screen shaking could even be classified as ... oh, I dunno... game breaking?

When it comes to the font on the tooltip, try going into interface option and change the size (scaling) of the tooltip and see if you can get it to fit in your UI. I know that all the text in the tooltip will become bigger and the square itself will be bigger, but you might be able to find something that is too your liking.

Good luck.
Societies in decline tend not to innovate. I just wish we had cellphones to report quests. Guess light speed tech and cell phone tech are mutually exclusive.
I know this image is supposed to be an insult, but it's not.
Two similar games and yet SW:ToR is so much better.

Lionflash
09.27.2012 , 07:05 AM | #13
After reading this thread yesturday and then going home to see for myself I must say...

...I have no idea what you people are talking about. I haven't noticed a change in the font. I do notice that there is the black shadow and that actually makes it cleaner and easier to read. The size has remained the same to me, or if it actually was changed...then not by much.

Perhaps it's because I don't wear glasses and I have been playing this game with small font to begin with (most settings on all my computers have small fonts for more space on the desktop).

Perhaps I should come back tonight and post a screen shot of my UI set-up and see the difference.

huggaa
09.27.2012 , 07:50 AM | #14
Please change the fonts back!

played last night and I'm having to start sqwinting to read chat after this patch .

before the patch i was fine with my chat font 18 nice big letters not missing a word but now I'm really going to have to think if I want to wast my time with a game that makes me sqwint. I have changed around my resolutions but if I go smaller the games then becomes to blurry to play and if I go larger the everything gets smaller and kinda defeat what I'm trying to do

Can not think of why EA even changed the fonts anyway but I guess someone thinks its a must fix and we all needed it

MillionsKNives
09.27.2012 , 07:54 AM | #15
The only difference I really noticed was that the words in the galaxy map are much less sharp. I saw no issues with anything else.

NRVNQSR
09.27.2012 , 08:08 AM | #16
I honestly didn't notice a difference at all. What screen shaking are you talking about? I've only seen that occur when something was happening in-game to cause it, explosions, earthquakes, etc.

JediMasterSarynn
09.27.2012 , 08:31 AM | #17
I like the changes to the font. /shrug

I also play on max settings, 1920x1200 and my UI scale is at 0.85.
The Sunrider Legacy <Angeli Aetherii> PvP/PvE
Sarynn, Guardian | Darael, Shadow | Zadiel, Vanguard | Skyra, Scoundrel | Myrisa, Sentinel

Polebreaker
09.27.2012 , 08:38 AM | #18
The screen shaking... you know, what happens when someone on the other side of the zone casts force quake (aka NOWHERE near you) and your screen shakes... repeatedly... and again and again.... it's terribly irritating and something they said they'd look into fixing back around 1.1...

The new font is weird. It's definitely less readable... like it's been squished or something. I suppose I'll get used to it, but why change it in the first place? Cant remember ANYONE complaining about it...

And yes you can increase the global scale, but then you have to go back and decrease the scale of every other individual ui element. For some reason, the global scale affects the chat font differently than the actual chat font size option in the window., and there is no scale option for the chat window in the Interface Editor package (there are no options for it at all.)

Also, the ALL CAPS IN THE OPS FRAMES needs to go.

Anyway, seems like if you bump up your global scale a notch then turn down everything else manually it makes the text more or less as readable as it was before.

Savro
09.27.2012 , 08:41 AM | #19
Sorry to disagree but the new font (especially in tooltips) is simply unreadable (far too small), as least for me.
BW, please reverse all the font changes, and please every time you do a change like that add the option to mandtain the old appearence.

Lionflash
09.27.2012 , 08:44 AM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by Savro View Post
Sorry to disagree but the new font (especially in tooltips) is simply unreadable (far too small), as least for me.
BW, please reverse all the font changes, and please every time you do a change like that add the option to mandtain the old appearence.
You can adjust the size of your UI in the UI Editor.

http://swtorhub.com/sites/swtorhub.c...WTOR_UI_05.jpg

Either using the 'Global Scale' or if you specifically want to make your OPS window bigger for example you can do that too.