Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

no more black hole comms in story EC?

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Elear
09.27.2012 , 06:08 AM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by alifaraaz View Post
Probably not a bug. Was reported several times on PTS.
Just because something was reported several times on PTS and ignored doesn't mean it's not bug, sad but true(unless for example consuming already known schematics before displaying error message is intended).

Quote: Originally Posted by alifaraaz View Post
If Im not mistaken it's attempting to keep Storymode nice and casual but in return also keeping the rewards light. It's also likely to make sure people keep using the Group Finder to farm BH comms as well as making sure nobody can gather BH comms too quickly. No proof to support this, just an educated guess.
But you know, it means if all you want is a stroll, you're better off doing EV/KP from group finder than new content. Gearing after Rakata? Also EV/KP from finder. Currently they shifted comms gearing for Ops(assuming your group needs some BH to progress trough HM EC/TFB) from ops content to solo group finder. You want some BH? then better not do 'harder' EC/TFB SM, but use group finder and do EV/KP of random FP. This does not slow down gearing, it just makes it more boring.

Also, EV/KP (most likely, honestly haven't ran them since patch) still will drop Columi comms. Then why EC/TFB won't drop any of those? Comms were 'invented' as consolation prize if you did not get any good loot, removing them entirely is just stupid.

Screaming_Ziva
09.27.2012 , 06:54 AM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Brissellio View Post
So why exactly do you need BH comms if you are running story mode? If you have rakata gear. Jump into hard mode, get yourself some blackhole comms and campaign gear.

If you do not do the hard content why do you need the best gear?
Is Rakata enough for EC HM?

demonssword
09.27.2012 , 07:29 AM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Screaming_Ziva View Post
Is Rakata enough for EC HM?
Yes, its more than enough. We have run Columi equiped full groups of alts fresh from hardmode flashpoint runs in and walked out fine.
The stat value between columi / rakata isnt a massive DPS or HPS or Aviodence / Hp / Mitigation and its not much higher going Rakata to BH/Campaign. I think when running mox dps parser i went from about 1300ish in non optimised gear without being fully augmented -> 1600ish in optimised gear with augments.

Screaming_Ziva
09.27.2012 , 07:45 AM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by demonssword View Post
Yes, its more than enough. We have run Columi equiped full groups of alts fresh from hardmode flashpoint runs in and walked out fine.
The stat value between columi / rakata isnt a massive DPS or HPS or Aviodence / Hp / Mitigation and its not much higher going Rakata to BH/Campaign. I think when running mox dps parser i went from about 1300ish in non optimised gear without being fully augmented -> 1600ish in optimised gear with augments.
Sorry. I have a hard time believing you completed HM EC in a full Columi geared group.

JediMasterSarynn
09.27.2012 , 08:21 AM | #25
I hope this is a mistake. As someone who runs SM EC to help others get experienced and gear, my major consolation prize was at least getting BH comms. Without that it just feels grindy.
The Sunrider Legacy <Angeli Aetherii> PvP/PvE
Sarynn, Guardian | Darael, Shadow | Zadiel, Vanguard | Skyra, Scoundrel | Myrisa, Sentinel

_tegrof
09.27.2012 , 09:04 AM | #26
Would like to see an official response to this please.

Just want to know if we should have gotten some from TFB last night, or if we should expect to be getting some from SM EC.

Seems odd it wouldn't be in the patch notes if it was meant to be removed.

Raideag
09.27.2012 , 09:21 AM | #27
If I'm not mistaken he did say in the Live Event Stream that SM isn't supposed to be used for Gear Progression but just for story, If you want Gear Progression he stated to do HM's.
The Wampas Legacy - lvl 50 - Jedi Covenant
Genla (50) Ossktini (50) Aldius (50) Dodman (50) Senturi (50) Maffis (50)
Raideag (50) Osskto (50)

DarthWoad
09.27.2012 , 09:24 AM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by Raideag View Post
If I'm not mistaken he did say in the Live Event Stream that SM isn't supposed to be used for Gear Progression but just for story, If you want Gear Progression he stated to do HM's.
Then how the hell are we meant to get a good group to do HM if none of them have good gear lol :P

MillionsKNives
09.27.2012 , 09:29 AM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthWoad View Post
Then how the hell are we meant to get a good group to do HM if none of them have good gear lol :P
Rakata is supposed to be sufficient. You can still get black holes from daily flashpoints and SM ops, as well as the Black Hole weekly.

Raideag
09.27.2012 , 09:31 AM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthWoad View Post
*Shrug* Guess they changed their gearing structure who knows. Guess for Gear you just skip story and do HM's as your Gear check.

Quote:
Q: How do you think the gear progression is affected that TFB is now dropping Rakata gear and not Campaign gear.
TFB storymode drops Rakata. When EV and KP normal modes were released, they were meant as a progression into hardmode. We now changed that into storymode for players who want to experience the story so now there is not so much gear progresion in storymodes.
Source: http://dulfy.net/2012/09/21/swtor-li...qa-transcript/
The Wampas Legacy - lvl 50 - Jedi Covenant
Genla (50) Ossktini (50) Aldius (50) Dodman (50) Senturi (50) Maffis (50)
Raideag (50) Osskto (50)