Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

So, no more queuing for PvP along with PvE...

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

LordRahlik
09.27.2012 , 06:47 AM | #31
Well, I can cheer cause I think the Group Finder sucks anyway and I really really don't want it in any game. It was a disaster when it was implemented in WoW and it has not been any better here.

BUT - moving on, what is the problem of doing this:

Queue for both.
PvP pops - do the PvP match.
Queue for both.
PvP pops - dot he PvP match.
Queue for both.
Perhaps a flashpoint pops?

Is that a huge problem?

Edit, addition:
After thinking about it, an even better way would be that you cannot get invited to a group of PvP while doing FP or invited to a FP while doing PvP, but you remain on the top of FP list if one should have popped for you while you were doing a WZ.

What I mean is that you keep your queued time but the pop can only happen between FP/PvP for the other.
Societies in decline tend not to innovate. I just wish we had cellphones to report quests. Guess light speed tech and cell phone tech are mutually exclusive.
I know this image is supposed to be an insult, but it's not.
Two similar games and yet SW:ToR is so much better.

ProsaicProse
09.27.2012 , 06:48 AM | #32
If people are mostly declining the PvE queue when it pops anyway, it's pointless to bother queueing for it.

People get annoyed when waiting a few hours for a queue, just to have yet another decline it when it pops. One evening I spent an hour and a half in queue and had a 8 declines in that time, some of which made me wait out the entire "Accept" timer while I dropped everything I was doing to wait it out.

I end up leaving the queue because I get the impression we have people trolling it by staying in queue with no intention of ever joining the flash point. I know I'm not the only one, because people comment about this often enough in General chat.

I suggest people who are waiting in both queues simply leave the other queue whenever they enter a match (and vice versa) to spare everyone else the annoyance, unless they actually intend to "Accept" when the queue pops.

Wraiven
09.27.2012 , 06:52 AM | #33
Quote: Originally Posted by ProsaicProse View Post
If people are mostly declining the PvE queue when it pops anyway, it's pointless to bother queueing for it.

People get annoyed when waiting a few hours for a queue, just to have yet another decline it when it pops. One evening I spent an hour and a half in queue and had a 8 declines in that time, some of which made me wait out the entire "Accept" timer while I dropped everything I was doing to wait it out.

I end up leaving the queue because I get the impression we have people trolling it by staying in queue with no intention of ever joining the flash point. I know I'm not the only one, because people comment about this often enough in General chat.
The Group Finder is currently bugged. It can queue you as a class you did not chose, as seen in my video.
Republic: Krulex (Shadow) Kn (Guardian) Krll (Sentinel) Wanatrime (Vanguard)
Imperial: Wraiven (Assassin) Krullous (Marauder) Krawl (Jugg) Xin (Jugg)
♠♠♠ The Soulstalker Legacy ♠♠♠
-FIGHT-

HarleysRule
09.27.2012 , 06:53 AM | #34
I wonder what these devs are thinking with half these changes they make.

Quote: Originally Posted by Wraiven View Post
The Group Finder is currently bugged. It can queue you as a class you did not chose, as seen in my video.
Hasn't been like this for a while?

ProsaicProse
09.27.2012 , 06:55 AM | #35
Though this isn't really on topic - yes, I'm aware of the Role bug - my DPS got put into Heals role earlier today after I made absolutely certain beforehand to select the right role.

Wraiven
09.27.2012 , 07:02 AM | #36
Quote: Originally Posted by ProsaicProse View Post
Though this isn't really on topic - yes, I'm aware of the Role bug - my DPS got put into Heals role earlier today after I made absolutely certain beforehand to select the right role.
The thing I was trying to say with that was, I am willing to bet a lot of people who are declining the queue are having this issue. It is the *only* reason I ever decline.
-FIGHT-

lklinga
09.27.2012 , 08:10 AM | #37
So they force you to actually only for the content you play and not screw with the the group that actually thinks you are interested and not going to leave the second something better comes up

THE TRAGEDY.

Wraiven
09.27.2012 , 08:19 AM | #38
Quote: Originally Posted by lklinga View Post
So they force you to actually only for the content you play and not screw with the the group that actually thinks you are interested and not going to leave the second something better comes up

THE TRAGEDY.
You only are responding this way because you obviously do not see the big picture. Allow me to explain this...yet again.

I understand that you feel that it makes sense, but let me show this to you a logical way.

Why would a PvPer want to bother queuing for The Foundry? Because (Pre 1.4) it's easy. We know it can take a good long while for the Flash Point queue to pop, so while we wait, we run War Zones. Running War Zones passes that time for us, since we can't stand to run planet missions. Planet missions have lost their appeal, since I have ran planet missions on 6 other level 50's. I would run about 4 or 5 Flash Points a day doing this.

Wow, 1.4 is here and I can no longer stay in queue for the Flash Point when I enter a PvP match. Ouch. So at first, I queue for a Flash Point and I sit and wait...and wait...and wait...and wait...until 2 and a half hours pass. By this point I am frustrated and annoyed to a point that I log out of the game.

Well, now it's today. Now, that lesson was learned yesterday. Guess what? I don't queue for Flash Points anymore...at all. And guess what else? Neither do a few other people I have spoken to about this. Guess what else? If you are a PvP server, and you like to run Flash Points to level your character...that's a whole bunch of people who do not queue anymore, so not only does it hinder my leveling progression, but now it affects yours too.

Something people do not seem to understand about MMO...what affects me, will have either a positive or a negative affect on you, since we are all ripples in the same pond. Now, since I no longer queue anymore, it will take even longer (By an unknown percentage) for the Flash Point to queue for you. Add (Who knows how many, but I already know I am not the only person who has decided to stop queuing for Flash Points) a few dozen more players who took this same stance, and that adds to the time factor of your wait time to join another Flash Point queue.

Now take in to affect, that the timers are growing for the Flash Point queue waits and people who become less patient and aggravated over the wait times. They too begin to find the Group Finder a waste of time, and they too stop queuing. This in turn adds another pebble to the pond and causes the wait times for the Group Finder to be even longer.

The more this vicious cycle happens, the longer the queue times will be, until.....nobody queues for them at all.

So what happens now? Well, since nobody queues for the Group Finder anymore, that will force the remaining players who still wish to run Flash Points to start spamming in General Chat for teams. Which in turn is going to annoy others, so you will have flaming happening while you are trying to do so. Well well, guess what? We are right back to square one from the days before the Group Finder was created.

Simple foresight and logic.
So yeah, I agree. It is a tragedy.
-FIGHT-

ProsaicProse
09.27.2012 , 09:37 AM | #39
Wraiven: If you're declining queues constantly because you're in a PvP match, you might as well not queue at all, as it's little different in the end and you aggravate people less especially when you could simply leave the other queue you're in as soon as the one pops if you know you're probably going to decline the next one while you're busy anyway.

Unfortunately, that's not what people are doing and I find it somewhat inconsiderate (and I don't believe it's always a "bug" that leads people to do this.) Perhaps Bioware should code the Group Finder to automatically remove anyone from the other queue as soon as they accept the one that pops, so they can queue again once their match ends.

Quraswren
09.27.2012 , 09:45 AM | #40
I've got no problem with it being changed to what it is.

So many times you either end up waiting for a PVP'er to actually accept the LFG cause there in PVP and don't want to leave cause they might win.

If they are losing they leave and then hurt the PVP team of any possible comeback.

I know it sucks to have to wait on PVE groups through the finder but if it's a lesser of 2 evils, I saying queuing for PVP or PVE should be kept separate and not which ever you want depending on how things are turning out.