Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

GTN search field not working properlly

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
GTN search field not working properlly

Kophar
09.27.2012 , 05:27 AM | #1
Afternoon,

Its great you guys have putted GTN to work, cause pretty much its my game filler but theres something wrong with the search values.
The search field even if i typed in the entire name of an item, the search results will still only look for any word of that search field and present me hundreds of results.
To give you just 1 example of whats happening:

- Typed in the search field, Advanced resolve augment 22 - GTN will display every single item that there is from lvl 1 to lvl 50 reguardless if its resolve or not. It seems its searching for all the words typed in the search field.
- The same went to the synthetic energy matrix.

Would appreciate if you fix this, cause this is totally annoying.
I saw a dark explosion. I sensed a power within. I felt the urge, the rage, the power... I AM REBORN!!

Savro
09.27.2012 , 05:38 AM | #2
It is working differently for me, just looked for "advanced reflex augment 22" on the GTN and the results are:
reflex barrel 3
advanced skill barrel 2
augmentation chip
and 240 pages of results like these.

It seems they changed from the "search phrase" to the "OR" logic operator. now GTN name search field is simply useless.

Kophar
09.27.2012 , 05:39 AM | #3
Yeh sry, i allready edited my post. The search field is looking for ANY words typed in. Its not looking for the specific phrase typed. So if you type in:

A B C - It will search for all items that have a name A, a name B and a name C. it will not search for the items called A B C only.
I saw a dark explosion. I sensed a power within. I felt the urge, the rage, the power... I AM REBORN!!

-Holmes
09.27.2012 , 05:41 AM | #4
Maintenance tomorrow again, take away the oceanic peak time again, likely.

Kophar
09.27.2012 , 05:41 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Savro View Post
It seems they changed from the "search phrase" to the "OR" logic operator. now GTN name search field is simply useless.
Yep, thats it.
Instead of the "AND" logic operator they replaced it with the "OR" one.

Savro
09.27.2012 , 05:44 AM | #6
Already sent a ticket (#6518058), it doesn't need an other maintenance but it is mandatory to have it corrected on next tuesday.

We can't drag & drop an item from inventory to search fields to look for identical items and the name field is (or was) the only way to obtain a similiar result.

waznpride
09.27.2012 , 10:22 AM | #7
There is also no drop down option for strength stat items, so if you want to manually search for "Advanced Might Augment 22", you have to look through all the augments to find it.

shava
09.27.2012 , 10:29 AM | #8
This is so not an appropriate use of fuzzy matching or OR matching guys! Please put it back as it was. When I say Resilient Lac in the search field that's what I want, not everything with "alacrity" in it, or ablative lac and resilient polyplast or what have you.

By the stars don't you TEST this on people who use it? Was this ever up on the PTS? *** folks? I can't imagine this could have passed a cursory review in a real use environment for five minutes...
===
/* formerly Ashtara, the only female trandoshan (TKM/scout/sword) on Chilastra */

veyl
09.27.2012 , 10:43 AM | #9
It has to be a bug. Also ticketed.

Why bother having a search name field if it's going to search each word individually? So pointless.

Kophar
09.27.2012 , 11:02 AM | #10
Its a bug m8ys, not working as intended, im sure theyre allready trying to find a way to fix this ASAP.