Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Problems since 1.4

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

joenewbie
09.27.2012 , 03:55 AM | #111
I've had this game less than a month, if they've raised the requirements on graphics in this patch to the point where I can't play it on my system I will be demanding a refund, but I'm not at that point yet. I'm just waiting to see what is being done about all this first.

Edit: Correction, make that about 6 weeks, I've had it about 6 weeks.
Roll your alts first, make the mistakes that teach you lessons, then roll your main and enjoy the ride.

Cerimon
09.27.2012 , 04:02 AM | #112 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Greetings All,

Some steps that can improve your in-game performance:
We appreciate any constructive feedback.

Cerimon | BioWare Customer Service - Forum Support

enaznI
09.27.2012 , 04:17 AM | #113
Quote: Originally Posted by Cerimon View Post
Greetings All,

So is this the final solution, or are you working to solve the problems?

You cant tell users with a high end pc system to turn off shadows to run the game smooth.

joenewbie
09.27.2012 , 04:21 AM | #114
GTN is back up, so at the very least I feel like someone is doing something.
Roll your alts first, make the mistakes that teach you lessons, then roll your main and enjoy the ride.

Karudan
09.27.2012 , 04:22 AM | #115
Name plate scaling seem to have fixed the camera stuttering for me. However I'm experiencing a drop in frame rate with the same settings I used pre-patch. Shadows are still turned off.

elsellelel
09.27.2012 , 04:22 AM | #116
Same serious stuttering problems since 1.4 on a rig that normally plays the game glass smooth on the highest settings (sans shadows on any setting other than Low - they've always been glitchy).

Single card ATI HD 6870. i7 Quad @ 4.3. 16GB memory. Up-to-date drivers.

I think the question that needs to be addressed, is how was this update tagged as ready for release? Seriously, does Bioware/EA have only one test rig at corporate headquarters, which they sit the night janitor down at and give him/her 5 minutes to confirm that things are halfway working?

This is bad business, and it's been bad business since I subbed a few months ago. This thread is sitting at 12 pages now, with other threads pertaining to the serious performance problems since the 1.4 patch. You can be sure that for every person that takes the time to come to these forums to report these issues, there are at least - AT A VERY CONSERVATIVE MINIMUM - 10 others also experiencing the same problems across a range of hardware/manufacturer setups, so how was this not known before the rollout? And this doesn't even get into how the GTN could've possibly been brought to its knees with the 1.4 Patch, without the development team knowing beforehand, and on test servers, that this was a likelihood.

I don't know, there are some serious problems in the manner in which the overall development process of this game has, and is, consistently (or inconsistently might be more accurate) being handled, and that needs to be resolved, now and for future updates - or the customer base will drop to nil - F2P or otherwise. And that will be that, as they say.

Rant over, but completely deserved after an ever-expanding history of lackluster attention to detail and business responsibility towards the paying customer base.

Vladnar
09.27.2012 , 04:25 AM | #117
Hopefully its all being fixed, today, the next day.

Juddering yes plus i had to put it in capitals to speak in small letters, couldn't strafe right and my directions buttons didn't work anymore to name a few things. HAd to log completely off and come back in and all was fine....when in doubt turn it all off and back on again.

Im sure theyre onto this today, the teething problems are becoming quite a pain but its such a good game with such great potential.

V
The time of the Empire is now truly upon us

joenewbie
09.27.2012 , 04:41 AM | #118
I never had nameplates on at all, or shadowing for that matter, my system is on the low end graphically speaking and because my system runs hot with the higher graphics settings I keep them to a minimum so I can sustain hours of play without worry about heat. So I've never had shadowing on, or nameplates but to check my own occasionally to make sure it's displaying my name the way I want it displayed, legacy etc...

My biggest thing is my inventory and cargo hold the empty slots flash in and out, from solid black to the little markings that are always normally there, they flash on and off, flutter and flicker. And if I'm moving, that's a whole other issue of graphics playing catchup and frame rates dropping. I have the latest of everything and graphically the game worked fine before the patch so I know it's not my end. The only thing that changed between it working fine and not working fine is the latest patch so I don't see why we always are asked for reports on our end.

I just hope this gets resolved soon, I feel a bit better having the GTN up and running, but there is only so long I'm going to sit and wait for a fix without hunting.

Xlnt
09.27.2012 , 04:47 AM | #119
Greetings All,

Seriously,

Do you actually belive that our computers are the main issue in this? We have all been able to play the game without all this crap before the patch...
Jedi Sage Gabbie - Last Legion - Server The Progenitor

SoulMuffin
09.27.2012 , 04:54 AM | #120
Greetings All,

1. Already did that multiple times, didn't work. It was fine before anyway.

2. For me at least, it doesn't change anything. None of the graphics settings have an effect on the stutter issue.

3. Nameplate scaling doesn't do it for me. But turning ALL the nameplates off fixes it! It's almost as smooth as it was before! Maybe just a tiny difference.

I noticed a change to the font of damage numbers etc. as soon as I logged in, maybe something went wrong there?

4. I have the latest non-beta driver installed. As it ran fine before I don't think it's a driver issue.

My System:
i5 3450
Geforce GTX 670
8GB Ram
Game is installed on a SSD