Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Query: How many SWTOR players have played KOTOR?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
Query: How many SWTOR players have played KOTOR?

annabethchase
09.23.2012 , 07:32 PM | #31
Quote: Originally Posted by Savro View Post
A question for Bioware (or, better, an hope): tell me that you are planning to do a Kotor 3 RPG!
What would the point of a KOTOR 3 be? This game is already at least 8 times the content that could be in a stand alone game. Each class story is equivalent to a stand alone game, and then the real intricacy is playing them all and watching it all fit together. This game gets better the more you focus on the story.

Plus, I don't want one second of development time taken away from this game.
"Rossum Eponine" & assorted other characters

Aurbere
09.23.2012 , 07:38 PM | #32
I played KOTOR I and II. They were my first Bioware games. They're one of the reasons I don't play FPS games that much anymore.
Added Chapter 49 to The Shadows Fall
"Your only hope to survive is to give in to the rage boiling within you, to acknowledge the Dark Side you deny, and tap into it!"--Darth Tyranus

Raudbjorn
09.24.2012 , 07:36 AM | #33
No, i haven't played it, but i got both of Steam for a total of 18€ a f couple weeks ago.
Not had much time to play them, with 3 MMO's and several other single player games.
Do hope to get time for them soon tho.

DarknessInLight
09.24.2012 , 07:49 AM | #34
Statement: There are only a select number of meatbags who have attempted to play that game. I believe my master is one of them.
Jedi do not fight for Peace. That's only a slogan, and is as misleading, as slogans always are. Jedi fight for Civilization, because only Civilization creates Peace. - Jedi Master Mace Windu

Nydus
09.24.2012 , 02:31 PM | #35
KoTOR was one of those rare gems of a game that comes around once a decade.

So I am a fan but I'm not sure it is necessary from this game's point of view.

In fact, a certain series of flashpoints makes everything you achieve in KoTOR I and II sort of useless.

But from a "certain point of view" everything you achieve in TOR is sort of useless considering we all know how the story eventually ends in a few thousand years aboard the Death Star .

- Arcada
The Arcada Legacy (Ebon Hawk)
Ord'os (Lvl.55 Sorcerer), Naresa (Lvl.53 Operative), Jagrafess (Lvl.19 Marauder)
Nydus (Lvl.54 Shadow), Toclafane (Lvl.27 Guardian)

DarknessInLight
09.24.2012 , 04:09 PM | #36
Quote: Originally Posted by Nydus View Post
KoTOR was one of those rare gems of a game that comes around once a decade.

So I am a fan but I'm not sure it is necessary from this game's point of view.

In fact, a certain series of flashpoints makes everything you achieve in KoTOR I and II sort of useless.

But from a "certain point of view" everything you achieve in TOR is sort of useless considering we all know how the story eventually ends in a few thousand years aboard the Death Star .

- Arcada
Some of what you said is actually not true.
Spoiler

And as far as what you achieve in TOR being useless because of what happens in the movies, so much more happens all the way up to 1,000 years prior to the movies. So that leaves roughly 2,500 years of war in the Galaxy
Spoiler
Jedi do not fight for Peace. That's only a slogan, and is as misleading, as slogans always are. Jedi fight for Civilization, because only Civilization creates Peace. - Jedi Master Mace Windu

TalonVII
09.24.2012 , 05:21 PM | #37
I played both KOTOR I and II.

How it went from those two games to this...is beyond me. It was nice some of the things from 1 and 2 were cleared up, like what happened to the underdwellers in I.

But my major problem, is how much this looks like the fight between the rebellion and the empire, even the armors and symbols are the same.

Why didn't the Sith keep more along the lines of KOTOR I and II as far as armor and symbols instead of reaching forwards to Palpatine's empire.

And if this did happen, why the hell is nobody a student of history during the events of 3 and notice "Hey the republic just fought a sith empire, and suddenly we are turning INTO an empire. Isn't this not wrong?"

Just little things like this.
Pretty, so what do we blow up first? -Wraith Squadron Motto
Ebon Hawk
Skiratta Legacy
Finished: Trooper, Agent, Knight, Inquisitor, Smuggler

Smokestalker
09.24.2012 , 11:05 PM | #38
I played both.
I love how the RPG style stayed true.
Alot of people dislike the game because of that,
But I've always valued good RPG over PVP.

Vectuvius
09.26.2012 , 12:48 PM | #39
I have played them both alot, its two of the best games i've ever played
"And now you run in search of the Jedi. They are all dead, save one—and one broken Jedi cannot stop the darkness that is to come."-Darth Sion

SiXXXX
09.27.2012 , 01:03 AM | #40
KOTOR 1 should be mandatory, KOTOR 2 should be recommended, before you can play SWTOR.

As much as I have enjoyed this MMO, particularly its stories, My experiences in the KOTOR games far exceed what I have experienced in this. Anybody who disagrees let me ask you this. Would you play any of the TOR character class stories more then once, or twice maximum? No. I played through the two KOTOR games probably around 10 times in the past 7,8 years and let me tell you. I NEVER GOT BORED. And once I am done the 8 classes in this game, you can count on me playing through those classic games again.

KOTOR > SWTOR

KOTOR 3 should have been made before this, its crime it was never released. I can only pray someone opts to finish it someday. It deserves a proper ending.
Bergeren Colony Liiara Överkill Cassüs

The Harbinger Nyhilüss Jay-Fett Thräsher