Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Game Update 1.4: Terror From Beyond is Live!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Game Update 1.4: Terror From Beyond is Live!
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Evgen
09.26.2012 , 10:13 PM | #41
Quote: Originally Posted by Darthfirsttwin View Post
maybe i am stupid, but i swear i thought we were getting cathar race and HK companion on this release?
They promised that for this year, and with a 6 week planned release schedule we'll be lucky to see that by the end of November.

Being a player on the AP servers improvements to the group finder and a new Operation don't mean much when our server populations are so low. Some attention over here please Bioware.

Liguro
09.26.2012 , 11:10 PM | #42
Well all nice and beautiful but the hide head slot doesn't work anymore

NinjaApacHe
09.26.2012 , 11:37 PM | #43
Ok, thank you for the update, but, as a pvper, I had no benefits apart low performance issues and bugs on warzones: on civil war, for istance, when you are empire vs empire, you start as a republican, and also the voice is that of the republic commander that tells you to beat the empire. I have 2 gtx 560 SLI config, and never had problems of low FPS, now I have a lot.
Nice thing the moddable offhand, hope to see fixes coming soon!

Maatkara
09.27.2012 , 03:23 AM | #44
Update 1.4 is Live....and broken...

spectreclees
09.27.2012 , 04:30 AM | #45
Cathar should be released now, it's just another human re-skin.

wolfmith
09.27.2012 , 04:45 AM | #46
Quote: Originally Posted by LUCASCASADEIS View Post
Well done BW, tou said the 1.4 is coming in september and there it is, well done
yeah..... screw all the bugs xD what matters is that they delivered in time !
Slancerk | Wolfmith
Kyrar Kote Legions Of Lettow
Proud PvP Player -
981h of playtime (26/05) powered by ASUS ROG G74SX

mattycutts
09.27.2012 , 05:23 AM | #47
Quote: Originally Posted by Maatkara View Post
Update 1.4 is Live....and broken...
This is why they should sort it on test live so EVERYONE can copy live chars to testlive and not just select raid guilds.

I got shot down some1 saying its a raid patch your not needed basically, i am no programmer but known some GMs in various games and said when one thing is even slightly altered it can have varrying consequences on completely unrelated content. This is that proof. Please bioware you have many players willing to test all content so you dont have as many glitches when it goes live. This issue is worth you spending time on so you get less negative response on release of new patches.

Patch 1.4 as a whole is pritty good.

Styxx
09.27.2012 , 05:23 AM | #48
Thanks for fixing the drawn weapons for comps and Dr Lokin`s morph.
Quote: Originally Posted by John Riccitiello View Post
When you are six hours into playing Battlefield and you run out of ammo in your clip, and we ask you for a dollar to reload, you're really not very price sensitive at that point in time...We're not gouging, but we're charging.

hillerbees
09.27.2012 , 06:09 AM | #49
I was un-excited about this update but I have to say fair play for some basic but valuable improvements:

Respwns on Dailies - much better.

Reduced costs for transferring mods and armouring - fantastic.

Companions don't look like muppets ...well they are always gonna look bad compared to my lovely characters but at least you can now see their faces so that the credits spent on varying their appearance aren't wasted.

Only thing I am not sure about is the animation on the Trooper's Grav Round - the starting point is kinda hard to hear but its probably better for group play even though I loved the sound of the old one.

Reducing the stuns for PVP play must make the gameplay better - those that say its horrible are probably those that were owning Recruits with Force Chokes and stuns rather than clever fighting.

Keep up the efforts Bioware they are appreciated...and roll on some new world events please - I love 'em!

Eislor
09.27.2012 , 08:17 AM | #50
Quote: Originally Posted by Liguro View Post
Well all nice and beautiful but the hide head slot doesn't work anymore
It does work, you just have to de-select it, then select it again.