Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

BIOWARE stop messing with our PvE experience!!!!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
BIOWARE stop messing with our PvE experience!!!!

Haggardbr
09.26.2012 , 04:48 PM | #1
I wonder what BW's devs have in their minds to nerf so drastically the range of two of the most used classes in the game, the Vanguards and the Powertechs...

I mean, both of them got 2 of the most powerful abilities nerfed in range... they've dropped from 30 meters to 10 meters!

I mean... WTH!!!???

Assault Vangs and Pyro Ptechs already don't have either a 1 min cc nor a gap closer and now this!

In my opinion (and I believe that's not only me that thinks like me) those two classes ARE NOT melee range classes... of course they have close quarters abilities (just like snipers / gunslinger and these are not melee classes) but that doesn't mean we need to be less than 10 meters close to the enemy all the time! Most of our abilities have a 30 meter range (hammer shot, full auto, sitcky grenade and many others).

To me, those classes are more like MEDIUM RANGE classes (15 to 25 meters), a step before the real ranged ones (snipers / gunslingers - 25 to 35 meters) and the melee ones (force users 15 and less).

So why the hell we're getting out abilities range nerfed?

All because of the PvP cry babies I supposed, because they can't work with tactic to take down vangs / ptechs and so they cry and cry over and over again to nerf the classes!

So BW, why don't you give us the ability to use sabers or swords already!???
OR EVEN BETTER why don't you NERF THE WHOLE GAME ALREADY!!!!???

Some may say that this is all QQ'ing, but it's not... I'm complaining (not crying around) about unfair changes to our abilities, changes that will affect PvE more than PvP...

People need to put into their minds that this game is not about PvP only, there are people like me that prefer PvE a lot more!

If there's a class to be nerfed that's the marauders, if one of those guys jump on you, no matter the kind of gear you have or how strong you are, with only 3 or 4 hits, you're down!

Or even better... work to fix the damn resolver bar, or whatever it is to make everything fair for everybody, because I've seen a lot of complaining about this matter too!

So BW, PLEASE, for God's sake...

Stop messing with our PvE experience!!!!
Sarah'kerrígan Jhom Kérrigan Jhota
Suarel

fyfch
09.26.2012 , 08:06 PM | #2
i really don't know why they nerfed the range. My PvP complaint about stuns is the fact that the only break you have is a one-n-done thing, there is no for "xx" seconds after immunity. Why can't there be a lasting immunity or even a relic with a stun break ability that can only be used in WZs? What about CD for all stun abilitys, some classes have more than one stun and can just rapid fire them at you.

"If you do not stand for something, you'll fall for anything"

Redat
09.26.2012 , 08:20 PM | #3
PT's have been at the rough end of BW's wisdom for ages now, I shelved my lvl 50 PT, using it for storage now. I would really like to know where they get their info from, it obviously isnt the players.

Haggardbr
09.26.2012 , 09:40 PM | #4
I also wish to know where do they get these info from...

I was playing False Emperor HM with some guildies now and we almost hit the rage timer in a few champion bosses due to the fact that I wasn't close enough to use the incendiary round and the assault plastique... why? Oh well... becuase I was so used to play with them at around 15 ~ 20 meters due to their old range, that I just didn't realize I wasn't close enough.

Now I switched to tactics... if I REALLY NEED TO BE AT MELEE RANGE, at least I can do proper damage, but now it's a whole new learning curve until i can be really effective.
Suarel

Xena_Shepard
09.26.2012 , 10:04 PM | #5
Oh no, you have to be in melee range to be an effective DPS now.

How ever do the marauders/juggernauts/operatives cope?
The Wookslayer Legacy

Ashanis - Asharis - Azuras - Jenas - Leinas - Leshanis - Lorianis - Xenas

PvP Mastah in <Death-Sentence>

Shaya
09.26.2012 , 10:35 PM | #6
They should just make it so PvE and PvP are two seperate things, that way the game gets alot easier to balance as well and yes other games have done this and yes it does work very well.

You make it so each ability have 2 stats, one for PvE and one for PvP. For example take Electrocute, make it have the 10m range in PvP but when used in PvE it is still 30m range. How does the game know what stat to use? Simple PvP flag on or off?

Lt_WGorman
09.26.2012 , 10:40 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Xena_Shepard View Post
Oh no, you have to be in melee range to be an effective DPS now.
How ever do the marauders/juggernauts/operatives cope?
They cope by having 'gape closer' abilities, we do not.
They have multiple defensives CDs, we do not.

Like OP said, those nerfs are PVP based, nothing more.

Haggardbr
09.26.2012 , 10:48 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Shaya View Post
They should just make it so PvE and PvP are two seperate things, that way the game gets alot easier to balance as well and yes other games have done this and yes it does work very well.

You make it so each ability have 2 stats, one for PvE and one for PvP. For example take Electrocute, make it have the 10m range in PvP but when used in PvE it is still 30m range. How does the game know what stat to use? Simple PvP flag on or off?
I loved your idea and thanks God there's someone that thinks in this whole forum...

It doesn't seem to be a hard thing to implement and it's quite obvious.

"But oh... I'm questing in a world and I can't use long range abilities cuz they're in PvP mode!?"

It's simple... just "stay cool" for 5 mins and you're fine.

Quote: Originally Posted by Lt_WGorman View Post

Someone here ^^^^^^ got the idea...

I'm complaining because we, the PvE players have to pay because of the PvP whinners...

Now I'm struggling to adapt myself to the tactics tree because now I'm obligated to stay under the 10 meters range to use all my abilities, which I could do before staying safer around 15 ~ 20 meters (medium range to me).

And to be honest... I'm feeling jeopardized... and loosing the interest to play me beloved vanguard... I even have the whole Hydra set to start a Ptech BH, but if this keep like that... I'm not sure anymore!
Suarel

Darkfalconheart
09.26.2012 , 11:55 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Lt_WGorman View Post

And there's the problem. The nerfs get done because the PVPers whine and because PVP "is what MMO's are"... and no one sees that most players do much more PVE than PVP. PVP will never be entirely balanced. In the Pandagame there were always classes that did better or worse in PVP because of the latest buffs and nerfs. I think THIS game should look to classes being PVE viable and then maybe implement some buffs that only work in PVP to balance things out.
"The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and go. What was, what will be, and what is, may yet fall under the Shadow. Let the Dragon ride again on the winds of time."

Haggardbr
09.27.2012 , 12:03 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Darkfalconheart View Post
The nerfs get done because the PVPers whine and because PVP "is what MMO's are"... and no one sees that most players do much more PVE than PVP.
Not disregarding your whole post but this part summarizes it all!

If this game was only about PvP there wouldn't have operations or HM flashpoints nor world bosses raids, or groups organizing to invade the oposite faction outpost just for fun!

Also, if this game was only about PvP, the PvP pop up for warzones wouldn't take so long to appear because everyone in the whole game would be playing it.

I mean... I don't refuse to play PvP 100%... but I'm more like 97% PvE than PvP... I only go PvP'ing when I want something from the vendor or it's a ranked warzone day with my guildies!

I just wish that the devs to stop by and check this thread...
Suarel