Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

So, no more queuing for PvP along with PvE...

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Xzara_Jade
09.26.2012 , 09:02 PM | #21
Yes i used to do this, and yes i would decline fp while i was in a wz----- this probably happens vice versa----

Can you people not see the detrimental effects this has on the ques; not enough players in the wz OP and ongoing searches for a replacement spec in a fp. As for under 50's fp i'v always found them to be slow; maybe go back to LFG, heaven forbid we extrenuate yourselves.

oh and i shoulda guessed . New patch, good or bad >>>> qq and tantrums
"I feel the conflict within you. Let go of your hate."

-----The C`Boath Legacy------
---Oceanic server Dalborra----

ProsaicProse
09.26.2012 , 09:07 PM | #22
Considering how often people decline queues when they pop, I'm pretty sure this is a good move by Bioware.

SanguineSphinx
09.26.2012 , 09:09 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by ProsaicProse View Post
Considering how often people decline queues when they pop, I'm pretty sure this is a good move by Bioware.
Now those people who would decline, PLUS all of the people who do accept when they're in a warzone, simply won't join the group finder at all. Because somehow that's helpful? Having someone decline a match has 0 negative effect. Preventing people from passing the time while waiting in a 3 hour queue has a VERY negative effect.
I tried leaving the forums. But the Sith Empire has returned!

Wraiven
09.26.2012 , 09:49 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by ProsaicProse View Post
Yup, good move by Bioware. Now I don't queue....at all. I am guessing I am not the only person who just stopped queuing now that it's a waste of time. Got to think outside the box, man. This not only hurt me, but it hurt you too.
Republic: Krulex (Shadow) Kn (Guardian) Krll (Sentinel) Wanatrime (Vanguard)
Imperial: Wraiven (Assassin) Krullous (Marauder) Krawl (Jugg) Xin (Jugg)
♠♠♠ The Soulstalker Legacy ♠♠♠
-FIGHT-

tordo
09.26.2012 , 10:48 PM | #25
Hey I wanted the reload pvp thing to be in options I guess that would be really difficult to program that versus leaving it where it was. Ohhh well.....

Motlow
09.27.2012 , 03:20 AM | #26
This is a Major blow to my gameplay. At level 50 I waited over 3 hours tonight for a group finder pop and it never came. I don't really know what is holding bioware back from doing cross server at this point. Do I PVP or PVE? since i can't do both. I would rather PVE except I can't because by the time i get a group and finish the instance i'm 4 hours of gameplay in. How many people seriously have 5 hours of gameplay in them a day to finish one hard mode? Even Blizzard laughed at bioware for not doing something that is considered standard operating procedure by cross servering warzones and instances. I really love this game ive stuck with it since beta. But if 5 hours a day of staring at the computer unable to go afk waiting for a group is the only thing i can do in my progression then the good times are over. I seriously don't want to go play guild wars or panda land but what options are we being given? If you don't want us to leave pvp for pve then make it so we can PVE and don't have to pvp just to waste some time.

jabberwoky
09.27.2012 , 05:23 AM | #27
I wasn't able to play yesterday, but was really concerned about this when I read these posts. However, this morning I am able to queue up for both just fine (sub-50). So either BW fixed the issue or some characters are bugged.

aeterno
09.27.2012 , 06:12 AM | #28
Just tried to queue for both on the fleet and I was able to.

So I assume you're complaining that when one queue pops/you enter a WZ you're no longer queued for the other.

That imo makes sense.

Wraiven
09.27.2012 , 06:32 AM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by aeterno View Post
Just tried to queue for both on the fleet and I was able to.

So I assume you're complaining that when one queue pops/you enter a WZ you're no longer queued for the other.

That imo makes sense.
I understand that you feel that it makes sense, but let me show this to you a logical way.

Why would a PvPer want to bother queuing for The Foundry? Because (Pre 1.4) it's easy. We know it can take a good long while for the Flash Point queue to pop, so while we wait, we run War Zones. Running War Zones passes that time for us, since we can't stand to run planet missions. Planet missions have lost their appeal, since I have ran planet missions on 6 other level 50's. I would run about 4 or 5 Flash Points a day doing this.

Wow, 1.4 is here and I can no longer stay in queue for the Flash Point when I enter a PvP match. Ouch. So at first, I queue for a Flash Point and I sit and wait...and wait...and wait...and wait...until 2 and a half hours pass. By this point I am frustrated and annoyed to a point that I log out of the game.

Well, now it's today. Now, that lesson was learned yesterday. Guess what? I don't queue for Flash Points anymore...at all. And guess what else? Neither do a few other people I have spoken to about this. Guess what else? If you are a PvP server, and you like to run Flash Points to level your character...that's a whole bunch of people who do not queue anymore, so not only does it hinder my leveling progression, but now it affects yours too.

Something people do not seem to understand about MMO...what affects me, will have either a positive or a negative affect on you, since we are all ripples in the same pond. Now, since I no longer queue anymore, it will take even longer (By an unknown percentage) for the Flash Point to queue for you. Add (Who knows how many, but I already know I am not the only person who has decided to stop queuing for Flash Points) a few dozen more players who took this same stance, and that adds to the time factor of your wait time to join another Flash Point queue.

Now take in to affect, that the timers are growing for the Flash Point queue waits and people who become less patient and aggravated over the wait times. They too begin to find the Group Finder a waste of time, and they too stop queuing. This in turn adds another pebble to the pond and causes the wait times for the Group Finder to be even longer.

The more this vicious cycle happens, the longer the queue times will be, until.....nobody queues for them at all.

So what happens now? Well, since nobody queues for the Group Finder anymore, that will force the remaining players who still wish to run Flash Points to start spamming in General Chat for teams. Which in turn is going to annoy others, so you will have flaming happening while you are trying to do so. Well well, guess what? We are right back to square one from the days before the Group Finder was created.

Simple foresight and logic.
Republic: Krulex (Shadow) Kn (Guardian) Krll (Sentinel) Wanatrime (Vanguard)
Imperial: Wraiven (Assassin) Krullous (Marauder) Krawl (Jugg) Xin (Jugg)
♠♠♠ The Soulstalker Legacy ♠♠♠
-FIGHT-

TheNahash
09.27.2012 , 06:45 AM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by Wraiven View Post
I know for me, I quit a WS when a queue pops if it looks like I can not complete the WZ within the time frame given.
What I don't get is this: Why is ragequit bad but leaving because group finder popped acceptable behavior ?
I don't get how it's any different apart from the reason why you're leaving the warzone, which I don't think anyone really cares because either way your team suddenly has one less player.
I don't mean to offend you or anyone else who does that, but I just don't get how one thing is bad and the other is good, when essentially they have the exact same outcome for your teammates.