Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Disability issue, please help

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
Disability issue, please help
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Efok
09.26.2012 , 08:30 PM | #1
I have Muscular Dystrophy which severely limits my mobility and strength so I use an On-Screen Keyboard instead of a regular keyboard. Due to typing being so strenuous, I made a short video explaining the bug.

http://www.twitch.tv/ofekmeister/b/333565631

I know I may be the only one experiencing this, but please try to help nonetheless.

Thank you kindly.

Gunslinger O'fek
2/16/23 The Back-Ender

goo.gl/YEgdS
Sage Ofek 22/17/2 The Perpetual Mender goo.gl/9zQJp

Ratae
09.26.2012 , 08:41 PM | #2 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Hello Efok,

Thank you for taking the time to make the video explaining the issues you’re experiencing.

At your own convenience and when you are able, could I please ask you to submit a ticket to our customer support either in-game or by email to support@swtor.com and our team will look into this for you and escalate it further as appropriate? By all means include the link to your video in the ticket.

Many thanks.
Ratae | BioWare Customer Service - Forum Support

Efok
09.26.2012 , 09:23 PM | #3
I just did, thanks for responding Ratae!!!

Gunslinger O'fek
2/16/23 The Back-Ender

goo.gl/YEgdS

sankalp
09.26.2012 , 09:46 PM | #4
kudos.

I am really impressed by what you prolly consider everyday gameplay. I unfortunately do not have anything to add to the thread but I saw this and was taken aback by how difficult it would be for me if I was in your position. I prolly would have given up but seeing that you did not makes me feel better.

Please do not stop playing games be it TOR or any other although I can only imagine the difficulty. You have not let your disability affect you and your gaming and I for one take that to be a great example of overcoming adversity.

@BW, please make sure you address this asap. I know there is clamouring from the APAC community(even myself) about population and server merger and what not, but this issue needs to be on top of your list.

Comegetataste
09.27.2012 , 10:46 AM | #5
+1, Bioware do something good

DereonMason
09.27.2012 , 12:08 PM | #6
As Ofek and I have been playing together across a few games now, this oversight in the execution of yet
another sloppy patch is nearly as upsetting to me as it is to him. SWTOR has now become nearly impossible for him to play, which is still hard to believe as he can stand toe to toe with any gunslinger even with his disability. Out of frustration, he's already told guildies that if this issue doesn't get addressed soon, he can no longer effectively play.

BIOWARE, YOU NEED TO GET BEHIND GREAT PLAYERS LIKE HIM, SHOW YOUR SUPPORT, AND (RE)FIX THIS PROBLEM ASAP.
Re'is - Sawbones 91 Valor
Re'iss - Defense 70 Valor

Luniara
09.27.2012 , 12:45 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by sankalp View Post
kudos.

I am really impressed by what you prolly consider everyday gameplay. I unfortunately do not have anything to add to the thread but I saw this and was taken aback by how difficult it would be for me if I was in your position. I prolly would have given up but seeing that you did not makes me feel better.

Please do not stop playing games be it TOR or any other although I can only imagine the difficulty. You have not let your disability affect you and your gaming and I for one take that to be a great example of overcoming adversity.

@BW, please make sure you address this asap. I know there is clamouring from the APAC community(even myself) about population and server merger and what not, but this issue needs to be on top of your list.
I echo the above. I am so highly impressed and I simply want to give you a hug! <3

@BW, I hope you get this fixed. That's dedication right there.
Luniara Solborne | Sith Marauder
Penumbral, Jung Ma Server
Website | Join Us
DeviantART | Character Wiki

Efok
09.27.2012 , 12:46 PM | #8
I really appreciate the feedback!!!

I miss playing

Gunslinger O'fek
2/16/23 The Back-Ender

goo.gl/YEgdS

iamnuff
09.27.2012 , 12:48 PM | #9
good luck.

mikrokupusar
09.27.2012 , 02:12 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by DereonMason View Post
As Ofek and I have been playing together across a few games now, this oversight in the execution of yet
another sloppy patch is nearly as upsetting to me as it is to him. SWTOR has now become nearly impossible for him to play, which is still hard to believe as he can stand toe to toe with any gunslinger even with his disability. Out of frustration, he's already told guildies that if this issue doesn't get addressed soon, he can no longer effectively play.

BIOWARE, YOU NEED TO GET BEHIND GREAT PLAYERS LIKE HIM, SHOW YOUR SUPPORT, AND (RE)FIX THIS PROBLEM ASAP.
+1

Bioware, please fix this!