Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

ATI Graphics Issue

Darev
09.26.2012 , 08:04 PM | #1
I have seen other people reporting on the issue introduced today with dramatic FPS loss and even glitched graphics. I am also experiencing this issue on one of my two computers that I can run this game on.

Computer 1:
I7-950
2x ATI 6850 in crossfire eyefinity on 3x 23" LED monitors
18GB ram
64bit Window 7 enterprise

This computer is the one with the problem. The maps are buggy, main map and mini 'radar' map. Flickering and extremely unstable. As soon as another player goes across my screen the framerate drops to virtually 1FPS. I tested on a couple different servers, both in fleet and on starting planets. It is completely unplayable. I also never have shadows on, so that, by itself, isn't the problem.

Computer 2:
Intel core 2 quad Q6600 2.4ghz
8GB ram
64bit Window 7 enterprise
1x 23" LCD monitor
1x Nvidia GeForce GTS 450

On this computer the game still works great, even with Shadows turned on.

BellaEva
09.26.2012 , 08:24 PM | #2
I can't wait for this to be fixed, the game is unplayable for me:/

RhynnIzo
09.26.2012 , 08:31 PM | #3
Same Problem here, Flickering Maps and awful FPS

I7-2600k
ATI 6990
16gb Ram

already tried to disable Crossfire and checked different Crossifre Profiles and Modes, no luck so far

Zentelis
09.26.2012 , 08:33 PM | #5
Try running in windowed mode. It seems crossfire/sli (among other things) is broken. Running in windowed mode forces only one gpu to be used. (Even turning off crossfire in CCC didn't fix it)
In windowed mode, the game is at least playable now with shaders/shadows/AA turned off. However, with shaders and/or shadows turned on, most of the glitchy stuff comes back immediately.
So, the game now looks like an NES game, but its playable