Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Downloading - @ 5.12Kb/s

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

LordRastor
09.26.2012 , 07:15 PM | #1
I have tested my connection and its not me, please kick the arse using a dial up to seed the download from the P2P pool.

OMG....

Darth_Precursor
09.26.2012 , 07:28 PM | #2
Yep, 1.4 is now known for it's terribad download speeds. No fix yet...

Dynaster- Operative Medic
Chillum- Deception Assassin

<GOML>
The Bastion

Ratae
09.26.2012 , 07:30 PM | #3 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Hello LordRastor,

Slow downloading speed and the Error 310 has been an issue for quite a lot of players today and is a problem that we are working to fix.

There is a workaround that can be found in this thread: http://www.swtor.com/community/showp...7&postcount=18

Please note that this is only a temporary workaround, and you should remove the change from your Hosts file after patching.
Ratae | BioWare Customer Service - Forum Support

LordRastor
09.26.2012 , 07:32 PM | #4
It's a shame they don't offer a direct download for the patch, this P2P crap is just that.

LordRastor
09.26.2012 , 07:45 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Ratae View Post
Hello LordRastor,

Slow downloading speed and the Error 310 has been an issue for quite a lot of players today and is a problem that we are working to fix.

There is a workaround that can be found in this thread: http://www.swtor.com/community/showp...7&postcount=18

Please note that this is only a temporary workaround, and you should remove the change from your Hosts file after patching.
Thanks for having an alt site to help with the issue - This seems to improve the download performance.

Add this to your host file...87.248.203.254 cdn-patch.swtor.com and after the patch is complete remove it...

Lynetha
09.26.2012 , 07:55 PM | #6
The workaround didn't work for me!

LordRastor
09.26.2012 , 08:06 PM | #7
It made very little improvement for me went from a 5.12KB/s to around 80.24KB/s.

Still for a direct download link verse this P2P crap being used to save money, its easy to impact a large number of folks with systems like P2P if connection state for Upload is not measured and blocked for being below the limit to seed.