Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Denova HM 8, Kephess droids calibrating until inmune to damage

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Flashpoints, Operations, and Heroic Missions
Denova HM 8, Kephess droids calibrating until inmune to damage
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

FrostRaven
09.26.2012 , 04:51 PM | #1
The droids in the initial phase of Kephess right now have been buffed their calibrating Shots buff.

Previously had:
Cast: 0.5.
Effect: +12% damage output.

You had to interrupt it but it wasnt and impossible fight to push through. It was pretty easy.

Right now the Calibrating Shots buff gives an additional effect: +12% damage reduction to the droid. This makes the boss enter a imba enrage mode (with red color effect) at 8 stacks, because it cannot be killed.

Even trying interrupting Calibrating Shots on the 3 droids with 2 tanks, and 4 dps the dps is too spread to down the three of them quickly enough and on top of it the casting classes lose dps when they cannot finish the casts or channel abilities.

Any developer knows whats going on? Any guild has found this bug/buff to difficulty?
Forever in the Vanguard!
DARK REQUIEM
Tanking is not a role, is a way of life

recsa
09.26.2012 , 04:56 PM | #2
I can confirm this behavior, the droids that start the event cast a calibration chanel very quickly and if you miss to interrupt it adds an stack of a buff that reduces damage received, once it gets 8 stacks it becomes inmune.

As a guildie said, looks like a mistake with versions control software and the new nightmare mode stealthy got into live server.

BTW, awesome job with TfB operation its the best so far, GRATS
A long time from now, in a galaxy far, far away, fanbois will realize they hurt games they love in a way no troll could ever dream of.

RLWalker
09.26.2012 , 06:02 PM | #3
Isn't that how it always worked? I know on 16-man they enrage at 8 stacks. Everyone has an interrupt now so it should be even easier then before.

Kaisies
09.26.2012 , 06:14 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by RLWalker View Post
Isn't that how it always worked? I know on 16-man they enrage at 8 stacks. Everyone has an interrupt now so it should be even easier then before.
yes. Its always been that way, except its 8 on 8man, 5 on 16 man.

RLWalker
09.26.2012 , 06:22 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Kaisies View Post
yes. Its always been that way, except its 8 on 8man, 5 on 16 man.
Thanks for the correction.

FrostRaven
09.26.2012 , 07:38 PM | #6
That's not true because I've been farming denova 8 HM for months and we always ignored the third droid and never calibrated until he was inmune.
Forever in the Vanguard!
DARK REQUIEM
Tanking is not a role, is a way of life

recsa
09.27.2012 , 03:10 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by RLWalker View Post
NO, it isn't, i have no idea how it works on 16M, but ive been killing Kephes HM 8M every Tuesday for the last 4? months, i think our first kephes kill was in May, you can believe me, we have the encounter mechanics mastered to the point were it has become boring and done while chating about how much we want a new operation (welcome TfB) or how much we like the new sci-fi film on theaters ....

Just go inside there and check by yourself, yesterday (just after 1.4 patch), Kephes encounter in HM 8M was working under a totally different mechanics.

Now, after some sleep, i have change my mind, i dont want it fixed back to its previous state, maybe a new loot and explanation on the silent change, but i want it to remain with the new and more challenging mechanic.
A long time from now, in a galaxy far, far away, fanbois will realize they hurt games they love in a way no troll could ever dream of.

Mutace
09.27.2012 , 04:11 AM | #8
Same here on german side.
Think they cast every 5 sec oder something. The most classes have a 12sec cd on their interrupt skill.
So how to do enough dmg and interrupt these 0,5 sec casts with a group of 8 raid members (Rakata and BH gear)?
You need 6 classes with 8sec cd to interrupt the casts from all 3 droids but then i think the aoe from kephess and the dmg loss on each will be a prob apart of the enrage timer ^^

EDIT: Done Kephess lot of times pre 1.4 and we always ignore these casts.

Or I got this wrong?

regards from germany

xGBox
09.27.2012 , 05:39 AM | #9
Wow. This definitely sounds like something reserved for nightmare mode. That's exciting!

Treating it as a nightmare mode mechanic, it sounds like your healers would have to put in some effort with interrupting. Try the following composition for interrupts, per droid:

Tank, DPS, DPS, DPS
Tank, Heals
DPS (Marauder preferred), Heals

Most classes have a 12s interrupt. Jedi Knights, Sith Warriors, Vanguards, and Pyrotechs have an 8s interrupt. The droid starts casting Calibrating Shot at roughly every 6s after being interrupted. Theoretically, you should be able to interrupt all of them between two people. Even if that's not possible, the amount of stacks can be reduced by half with the addition of another interrupter.

As someone who has healed EC HM before, the droid phase is not healing intensive. In this instance, you just need to find the time to work an interrupt in your rotation against a 0.5 cast time window.

Good luck!
Sincerely,
Gearbox
The Software Legacy

RLWalker
09.27.2012 , 06:18 AM | #10
I don't know what to say. If you google "kephess calibrating shot" and look at any of the guides written months ago, they all mention that this must be interrupted to prevent enrage and most mention that it increases damage, damage reduction.

E.g. http://mmo-mechanics.com/swtor/forums/thread-872.html which was last modified in April.

Now maybe they have decreased the time between casts in 8-man because everyone has an interrupt now. On 16-man the cast is every 4 seconds. I can only interrupt every 4th cast (probably because of lag) with a 12 second interrupt. You don't need to get every interrupt, just enough to prevent enrage and get through the phase relatively quickly.