Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Purple grade 6 crew mission nerfs: Why?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
Purple grade 6 crew mission nerfs: Why?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

GnatB
09.26.2012 , 05:56 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by EricJS View Post
IBingo, I just had a Rich Thermoplast Flux mission crit, and it returned 40, which was the pre-patch number for a crit for that mission. So it looks like the results are getting cut in half for all non-crit Rich missions that I can remember the pre-patch numbers for, crits aren't being affected, and non-Rich missions aren't being affected.
Part of the new feature to encourage people to stop logging in/out to refresh missions until they get rich ones they want?

XmaceukX
09.27.2012 , 08:39 AM | #23
I wouldn't mind so much if the rate you got the missions increased but its so hard getting a rich yield to pop on the mission tab its a joke.

Jenzali
09.27.2012 , 11:49 AM | #24
I'm still receiving 3 Advanced Neural Augmentors per slicing mission crit.
Dashto Vant - Arsenal Mercenary - The most dashing bounty hunter in the galaxy.

EricJS
09.27.2012 , 05:47 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by GnatB View Post
Part of the new feature to encourage people to stop logging in/out to refresh missions until they get rich ones they want?
Neither having the rich return less than the bountiful, nor having only non-crits affected by this change would make sense in this case. In fact, I can't see any case where the first makes any sense, and I can't see the second making sense unless they want to make crits more important in crafting, in which case it doesn't make sense to not widen the gap on the moderate/abundant/bountiful missions as well.

GnatB
09.27.2012 , 05:50 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Spoletta View Post
Money goes from one player to another. Apart from the 1% transaction the GTN does not provide a money sink.
True. But the cost of running missions is (arguably) and now the actual credits removed form the game for each purple mat brought into the game doubled.

GnatB
09.27.2012 , 05:55 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by EricJS View Post
Neither having the rich return less than the bountiful, nor having only non-crits affected by this change would make sense in this case. In fact, I can't see any case where the first makes any sense, and I can't see the second making sense unless they want to make crits more important in crafting, in which case it doesn't make sense to not widen the gap on the moderate/abundant/bountiful missions as well.
Sorry, it wasn't really meant as a serious answer. I can't think of any *real* reason that makes sense/fits all the facts, so I gave a stupid reason that might make sense to stupid people, as a way of (snidely) pointing out that there is no good reason for the change as is.

Gemin
09.27.2012 , 06:53 PM | #28
I can confirm that Purple 300 (Lvl 5) Slicing missions also return HALF the mats.

And I know why.

FREE TO PLAY

Don't have enough Purple mats? Buy some in the CARTEL COIN SHOP!

Badfenix
09.27.2012 , 07:34 PM | #29
bump for a response

Spoletta
09.27.2012 , 11:08 PM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by Gemin View Post
I can confirm that Purple 300 (Lvl 5) Slicing missions also return HALF the mats.

And I know why.

FREE TO PLAY

Don't have enough Purple mats? Buy some in the CARTEL COIN SHOP!
Maybe that you are not that far from truth. Probably this is another change aimed toward F2P, we still don't know what limitations F2P players will have with crew skills. If they have full access to gathering but limited to crafting this would have caused an inflation of materials, so they limited it now. The rich/bountiful thing is a bug.

Just a theory, and i would really like BW/EA to tell us something about this.