Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Purple tier 6 missions (skill 340) returning half of normal rewards

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
Purple tier 6 missions (skill 340) returning half of normal rewards
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Telanis
09.26.2012 , 02:56 PM | #1
Edit 2: Confirmed bug, will be fixed http://www.swtor.com/community/showp...7&postcount=53

EDIT: Title isn't quite accurate, see below.

There are a couple threads in the Crew Skills forum about this issue:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=536852

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=536698

Basically, Rich, Prosperous, and Wealthy missions are bugged and return half of the normal rewards if you don't crit. This causes Rich missions to return less than Bountiful missions for example, see below:

Quote: Originally Posted by EricJS View Post
I can almost promise you this is a bug. Why? Because the return for Rich Thermoplast Flux missions also got cut in half. It went from 32 to 16 for a non-crit. Why am I confident this is a bug? Because a Bountiful Thermoplast Flux mission still returns 24. So either it's a bug, or they blew the nerf, having a Bountiful return more makes no sense. And no, this isn't a mislabeled mission like the old Rich Grade 6 missions were, as the Rich missions are more expensive than the Bountiful.

Bingo, I just had a Rich Thermoplast Flux mission crit, and it returned 40, which was the pre-patch number for a crit for that mission. So it looks like the results are getting cut in half for all non-crit missions that I can remember the pre-patch numbers for, crits aren't being affected, and non-Rich missions aren't being affected.

EricJS
09.26.2012 , 04:01 PM | #2
Note that this is affecting more than the purple 340s. The Rich Thermoplast Flux missions are also being affected, so it's quite possible this is for all Rich missions, not just the mission discovery ones. Also note that this only seems to affect non-crit resutls, crit results return results within the norm for pre-patch crit results.

Telanis
09.26.2012 , 04:04 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by EricJS View Post
Note that this is affecting more than the purple 340s. The Rich Thermoplast Flux missions are also being affected, so it's quite possible this is for all Rich missions, not just the mission discovery ones. Also note that this only seems to affect non-crit resutls, crit results return results within the norm for pre-patch crit results.
Yep, unfortunately I can't change the thread title now.

Mordeguy
09.26.2012 , 04:24 PM | #4
Just when you think patch day can't get any better!

tortcat
09.26.2012 , 05:44 PM | #5
would be great if we could get an official reply so everyone would know to stop ( wasting) their purple missions if indeed a bug. should take just a moment for someone form bioware to tells us...NERF or BUG?

GnatB
09.26.2012 , 06:02 PM | #6
Possibly mean rich or better? last I checked Purple ones were "wealthy".

Telanis
09.26.2012 , 07:56 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by tortcat View Post
would be great if we could get an official reply so everyone would know to stop ( wasting) their purple missions if indeed a bug. should take just a moment for someone form bioware to tells us...NERF or BUG?
It's obviously a bug, why wouldn't Bountiful and lower missions have been affected?

Quote: Originally Posted by GnatB View Post
Possibly mean rich or better? last I checked Purple ones were "wealthy".
Fixed, thanks.

tortcat
09.26.2012 , 11:55 PM | #8
well I agree but the lack of any response from bioware at all either saying its a known bug or a nerf is troubling.

wainot-keel
09.27.2012 , 05:57 AM | #9
So, no official word on this ?
Intended nerf or bug ? They should know which . How hard is to make a post and clarify things.

Telanis
09.27.2012 , 09:47 AM | #10
Bump ... trying to get a legit bug report seen by BW is hard with all the activity around the new patch!