Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

So, no more queuing for PvP along with PvE...

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Wraiven
09.26.2012 , 01:24 PM | #1
That was how I leveled to escape the same ol story lines over and over on planets. Now, if I want to queue for Foundry, I have to sit and wait and waste more of my valuable time.

Exactly why was this needed? Perhaps I was not here for all the whine posts about it...assuming a whine post got this changed?

I don't know...it's really hurting my leveling progression now, since I have been in queue for over an hour with nothing to do.
Republic: Krulex (Shadow) Kn (Guardian) Krll (Sentinel) Wanatrime (Vanguard)
Imperial: Wraiven (Assassin) Krullous (Marauder) Krawl (Jugg) Xin (Jugg)
♠♠♠ The Soulstalker Legacy ♠♠♠
-FIGHT-

FourTwent
09.26.2012 , 01:26 PM | #2
It surprised me that they would even allow someone to be in two different queues. I imagine they think this probably attributed to people leaving in the middle of a warzone(im just assuming this)

Wraiven
09.26.2012 , 01:30 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by FourTwent View Post
It surprised me that they would even allow someone to be in two different queues. I imagine they think this probably attributed to people leaving in the middle of a warzone(im just assuming this)
Ran some Warzones today, trust me, it did nothing to stop people from leaving WZ's, heh.
-FIGHT-

Lium
09.26.2012 , 01:33 PM | #4
Wait, I'm a bit confused. You could queue for both before, but wasn't it that when one popped you would automatically drop out of the queue for the other?

Wraiven
09.26.2012 , 01:38 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Lium View Post
Wait, I'm a bit confused. You could queue for both before, but wasn't it that when one popped you would automatically drop out of the queue for the other?
No. You could run WZs all day long, until your Queue for Flash Points would finally popped. It did bite for PvP, because people would drop during this time, but what hurts, is the fact that the Flash Point queues (Pre 50) can take several hours some times. Longest I have waited was for 4 and a half hours. I had literally forgotten I was even in a Flash Point Queue.

So now, I have to make a choice, either sit in an unknown lengthy queue, never knowing how long it will take, whilst doing absolutely nothing...or run WZ all day and all night to level...until I am high enough level to run another Class Story mission.

What irritates me a bit more about this, is the fact I have wasted 200K plus Credits on the extra XP Legacy buffs for Flash Points. I would have never done that if I had known this was coming.

Trying not to sound like a whiner here, just trying to be informative to my point of view.
-FIGHT-

MalDeChagas
09.26.2012 , 01:44 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Wraiven View Post
Ran some Warzones today, trust me, it did nothing to stop people from leaving WZ's, heh.
WZ's are terrible after the patch.

Wraiven
09.26.2012 , 02:05 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by MalDeChagas View Post
WZ's are terrible after the patch.
So are queues for Story Mode Flashpoints. I waited for two and a half hours and finally gave it up. I have now been forced to spam General to preform a team before joining the queue.

This change created more problems than it fixed. Already evident not even 5 hours in to the patch.
-FIGHT-

Wraiven
09.26.2012 , 02:30 PM | #8
I had to log out. Not wasting any more of my day sitting in a queue that won't pop. I pretty much have no way to level now without being bored out of my mind running the same ol planet missions all day. Not going to play a game that bores me to tears.

This patch really screwed up my leveling progression...not even sure if I can stand to play it now. Sorry, not a quit post, but that's how I feel.
-FIGHT-

TommyDe
09.26.2012 , 02:34 PM | #9
Wow, please tell me your joking. If this is true that really bites.

Why would I queue for PVE if its going to take hours AND make me miss out on any PVP.

Was the system even "broken" in the first place?

DeevBach
09.26.2012 , 02:41 PM | #10
As someone who does not PVP at all, and runs HM FPs from Group Finder daily, I think this is a great idea. I've seen many players instantly decline the FP group finder, and have come to realize that most of this is due to them being in a WZ. And if you are having to wait a long time for a PVE group finder, you may want to look at the reason why (ignore list?). On my dps I usually only have to wait between 5 and 15 minutes.
"I've got a bad feeling about this"