Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

1.4 Broke CrossFire

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Omophorus
09.26.2012 , 10:30 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Cerimon View Post
Greetings All,

To see if there is a correlation with driver version could affected players please post your Dxdiag or tell us which video driver version you are using. Using a previous driver version could help with this issue.

Thank you for playing Star Wars: The Old Republic
Spoiler

Rogoo
09.26.2012 , 10:31 AM | #12
Using 12.8 with 12.8 CAP 3.
You are not your rig specs. You are not your K/D ratio. You are not your character level. You are not your sig.
Gunslinger / Shadow / Sentinel / Powertech
The Hero engine: a 2005 technology bringing 2013 rigs to their knees.

Rognus
09.26.2012 , 10:44 AM | #13
I was having the same problem with xfire running version 12.6 but I cleaned them out in safe mode ( uninstalled and used driver sweeper ) reinstalled 12.8 and my xfire problems seem to be gone but am only getting 60fps during a fight ( which is better than 2fps in a fight ) and my normal just running around is still 110fps. I am using 2x6970

Update Sept 27
Seems the bugs are back after having the computer off overnight. no Idea why it seemed to work after a driver update, but I don't want to have to do this every time I want to play the game. Please fix this ASAP so we can all enjoy the game.
Spoiler

Sohaim
09.26.2012 , 10:49 AM | #14
i have the same problem as everyone with the exact same driver and caps, but i cannot disable crossfire since i am running a dual card (Radeon HD 5970), does anyone has a tip to fix performance for me?

Azatorius
09.26.2012 , 10:52 AM | #15
dont run it on SLI or CF but it lags with new patch and didnt before... and bioware ur solution is that we all have to install a older driver... really!!!

Cerimon
09.26.2012 , 10:53 AM | #16 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Greetings All,

@mogresh: Windows 8 is not currently a supported Operating System.

This could be an issue with the 12.6/8.98 version AMD drivers or you may just need a clean reinstallation of your current drivers. We have found the most stable AMD drivers to be 12.1/8.93

Please do the following: Uninstall video driver, clean boot and then clean driver install.

ATI recommend removing drivers via their own catalyst:
1) Click on Start
2) Open the Control Panel
3) Select Programs and Features
4) Select ATI Catalyst Install Manager
5) Click on Change

AMD link:http://support.amd.com/us/kbarticles...csDrivers.aspx

Instructions on performing a clean boot: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135

When installing AMD drivers, just perform the installation as normal after the clean boot.

Please post again to let us know if this increases your game performance.

Cerimon | BioWare Customer Service - Forum Support

Griffinous
09.26.2012 , 10:54 AM | #17
I have crossfire via HD6990 and it's working just fine
Watercooled i7 2600k @5ghz, Asus Maximus IV Extreme Z with watercooled chipset, 16gb DDR3, Watercooled 4gb AMD Radeon HD6990, Creative X-Fi Champion Kingston Hyper X 256gb SSD 3x 23" LED monitors @ 5760x1080

mogresh
09.26.2012 , 10:58 AM | #18
Seriously!! The fact that I'm running win8 doesn't matter. How many of you are running win7 vista or xp and still have the same issue. It's obviously an issue with the game, not the drivers or operating system. Blowing me off is not the answer when I was just trying to help by providing you with a bit more information like you requested. Would you like me to spend the next 2 hours reinstalling win7 and the drivers so I can come back here and post the same thing?

Omophorus
09.26.2012 , 11:04 AM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by Cerimon View Post
Greetings All,

@mogresh: Windows 8 is not currently a supported Operating System.

This could be an issue with the 12.6/8.98 version AMD drivers or you may just need a clean reinstallation of your current drivers. We have found the most stable AMD drivers to be 12.1/8.93

Please do the following: Uninstall video driver, clean boot and then clean driver install.

ATI recommend removing drivers via their own catalyst:
1) Click on Start
2) Open the Control Panel
3) Select Programs and Features
4) Select ATI Catalyst Install Manager
5) Click on Change

AMD link:http://support.amd.com/us/kbarticles...csDrivers.aspx

Instructions on performing a clean boot: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135

When installing AMD drivers, just perform the installation as normal after the clean boot.

Please post again to let us know if this increases your game performance.

12.1? Seriously?

There have been massive driver improvements since then.

Feartheswans
09.26.2012 , 11:10 AM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by mogresh View Post
Seriously!! The fact that I'm running win8 doesn't matter. How many of you are running win7 vista or xp and still have the same issue.

Windows 7/Vista/Xp are supported. Windows 8 is still in Beta. If they say it isn't supported, then it isn't supported. it may work, but just because you can pound the square peg in a round hole with a large mallet doesn't mean that the square peg is supposed to fit in the round hole.